PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

PC gaming is as good as dead.

Developers won't spend the time or money on loads of combinations of systems to test the game on and optimize the game so that it works on a lot of them.
Most people don't even have computers capable of running any decent games, game companies are businesses, they want to sell as many copies as possible, when half of the people in the market for PC games can't even play the game properly on their system it's hardly worth bothering at all...

If developers make a game that runs on an Xbox 360, it will run on all Xbox 360s without a problem (and most likely PS3s).
It makes more sense to just make games for consoles instead of PCs.

Also, the ease of piracy on PCs is another reason why developers are making a lot of games console exclusive, all you need to do on a PC is download a couple of files or pieces of software, find a torrent, install the game and then you are playing the game for free... Not many people will pay £40 for something they can get for nothing, even though it is illegal.
For consoles you have to get the console chipped, transfer the games onto discs, risk getting banned from Live/PSN etc... Most people won't take that type of risk or bother with all the hassle.

PCs are for surfing the internet, communicating with people, sending emails, shopping, research (and playing shitty games)
Consoles are for playing the best games with absolutely no worry of compatibility problems.

Time to move on to consoles, if you can afford one.

A painful reality check:
Capcom making DMC4 for PC
Crytek making 30mil Crysis for PC (and selling over a million cpoies)
Creative Assembly making Empire Total War a multimillion project for PC
KONAMI making PES for PC
Witcher for PC a great RPG
Alan's Wake for PC
Bioware Mass Effect for PC
Gears of War on PC
GTAIV in october on PC
GT5 possibly on PC (after a decade of PS exclusivity) http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/04/14/yamauchi-gran-turismo-may-come-to-pc/
Dragon Age a PC exclusive
FMLive a PC exclusive
Football Superstar a PC exclusive
Warhammer 2 DoW 40k on PC

and

STARCRAFT 2

And to cause even more pain to the misinformed console fanboys:
http://www.systemwars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69169
As for PES:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47177

OMG TEH PC IZ TEH DAIING!!!!!

PS
PC games cost £17-£25 while the milking dumbed down rrod junk £45-£50

Did you use your Uber PC to google that one up? Excellent value for money there :tumble:

Oh wait what exclusives are you playing on your rrodbox? Apart from that sailing simulator called euro 2008? Halo? FPS with a retarded controller? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Wow.. you can taste the vitriol in here.. I hope PC gaming is not on the way out, I can't play FPS with a pad, I need a good old mouse and keyboard... ;)) As for the whole PS3 and 360 thing, pay your money and take your pick, the 360 is getting so cheap now compared to the cost of games...
And as for the thread title, Pes stinks this time and Fifa whiffs in places but does not make my eyes bleed..

A painful reality check:
Capcom making DMC4 for PC
Crytek making 30mil Crysis for PC (and selling over a million cpoies)
Creative Assembly making Empire Total War a multimillion project for PC
KONAMI making PES for PC
Witcher for PC a great RPG
Alan's Wake for PC
Bioware Mass Effect for PC
Gears of War on PC
GTAIV in october on PC
GT5 possibly on PC (after a decade of PS exclusivity) http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/04/14/yamauchi-gran-turismo-may-come-to-pc/
Dragon Age a PC exclusive
FMLive a PC exclusive
Football Superstar a PC exclusive
Warhammer 2 DoW 40k on PC

and

STARCRAFT 2

And to cause even more pain to the misinformed console fanboys:
http://www.systemwars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69169
As for PES:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47177

OMG TEH PC IZ TEH DAIING!!!!!

PS
PC games cost £17-£25 while the milking dumbed down rrod junk £45-£50
There's no point having a really powerful gaming PC if a lot of the best games do not even get released on it yet...

Just look at the amount of quality console exclusives you miss out on by only having a PC:
Next-gen Fifa/Euro (obviously the best football games around now)
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 2
Super Mario Galaxy/Super Paper Mario/Brawl (Well, all the Mario games basically)
Saints Row
Crackdown
Fight Night

And that's just a few off the top of my head, there is many more than that.

GT and GTA coming to PC like you said are either a "maybe" or a rumour, they are both unconfirmed so posting speculation does not help your points... Plus a lot of those games you say are exclusives to PC might be crap (Football Superstars) and one definitely is (PES 2008) plus Crysis was boring but had good graphics. PC FPS are just plain geeky, sitting in front of a keyboard and mouse clicking on people to shoot them.
Fair enough there are a few good PC exclusives, but I think the console exclusives are better than them.

You go on about the Xbox 360 being an RRODbox or whatever:
1) This doesn't happen to everyone
2) There is a three year warranty
3) You can buy a PS3

Why can't you just get a console as well as a PC? Then you can play those PC exclusives as well as the console exclusives...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find PC gaming very uncomfortable to be honest.

I would rather be sat on my Games Rocker playing on my consoles on a HD TV. Than squinting at a PC monitor, on an uncomfortable chair.

I bumped into harry hill the other day.

Asked him what game he thought was the best...

"Only one way to find out..."

"FIGHT !!!!!!" I said.

"No" he said. "Go to a fucking gamestore an buy 'em both"

For a second there I thought you were the real Larry David, but apparently not, because that was absolutely fucking shit.

:D

There's no point having a really powerful gaming PC if a lot of the best games do not even get released on it yet...

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221&msg_id=269117431

These are the released ones....

Just look at the amount of quality console exclusives you miss out on by only having a PC:
Next-gen Fifa/Euro (obviously the best football games around now)

refer to my opinion quote...

As always shortly on PC....In denial refer to Bioware/Epic's PR rants how Mass Effect/GeoW arent coming to PC....

Forza Motorsport 2

For real racing sims that actually HAVE AA check GTR, GT Legends and RACE...

Super Mario Galaxy/Super Paper Mario/Brawl (Well, all the Mario games basically)

Are we getting a Wii?

Saints Row
Crackdown
Fight Night

Rented games?

And that's just a few off the top of my head, there is many more than that.

GT and GTA coming to PC like you said are either a "maybe" or a rumour, they are both unconfirmed so posting speculation does not help your points... Plus a lot of those games you say are exclusives to PC might be crap (Football Superstars) and one definitely is (PES 2008) plus Crysis was boring but had good graphics. PC FPS are just plain geeky, sitting in front of a keyboard and mouse clicking on people to shoot them.

Lets try something else:
Doesnt PC OWN 4 genres? MMO/RTS/TBS/FPS?
Thats the bottom line...oh plus try playing against someone with a M/K with your controller at FPS....
Then come back with the same pathetic "geeky" comment....

Fair enough there are a few good PC exclusives, but I think the console exclusives are better than them.

Keyword....

You go on about the Xbox 360 being an RRODbox or whatever:
1) This doesn't happen to everyone
2) There is a three year warranty
3) You can buy a PS3

Why can't you just get a console as well as a PC? Then you can play those PC exclusives as well as the console exclusives...

I just refuse to be milked £40-£50 a game like a complete idiot...

I just do think its opinion, I owned the PS1 and then PS2 after i moved to PC as there wasn't much new on the PS2 at the time probably aroound 2005 and i prefered PC online as it was much easier, it had its difference's the plus's were that i would get games earlier than release and i wouldn't need to spend money on them but the biggest problem for me was the HOURS it took to try and make the game run properly, you would need to edit your settings for each game to get the best out of it which was just SO annoying i actually became a bit part gamer for the first time and probably didn't play games properly for a year and a half, but know that the PS3/360 our out(and more importantly affordable) i've gone back to my native console gaming and my only gripe with it originally was online was PC only or extremely shite on console's but know its the same which makes consoles MUCH better IMO its all about taste ive got a cousin who simply won't go down the console road and never has its just different people different preference's:)

I just do think its opinion, I owned the PS1 and then PS2 after i moved to PC as there wasn't much new on the PS2 at the time probably aroound 2005 and i prefered PC online as it was much easier, it had its difference's the plus's were that i would get games earlier than release and i wouldn't need to spend money on them but the biggest problem for me was the HOURS it took to try and make the game run properly, you would need to edit your settings for each game to get the best out of it which was just SO annoying i actually became a bit part gamer for the first time and probably didn't play games properly for a year and a half, but know that the PS3/360 our out(and more importantly affordable) i've gone back to my native console gaming and my only gripe with it originally was online was PC only or extremely shite on console's but know its the same which makes consoles MUCH better IMO its all about taste ive got a cousin who simply won't go down the console road and never has its just different people different preference's:)

The day that PES went multiplat the console gamer inside me died...I even didnt botehr to fix by broken chipped PS2....And WE9LEK was the last nail on the consoles' coffin for me...
PC is the world of freedom...thats why PES2008 on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pes2008xbox360+PS3 combined....

The day that PES went multiplat the console gamer inside me died...I even didnt botehr to fix by broken chipped PS2....And WE9LEK was the last nail on the consoles' coffin for me...
PC is the world of freedom...thats why PES2008 on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pes2008xbox360+PS3 combined....

Yeh ok but it's not a good game so it doesn't matter? I think your missing the point mate, PES is no longer the best football game but if you think it is then fine PC is the way to go for you.

[/B]

Yeh ok but it's not a good game so it doesn't matter? I think your missing the point mate, PES is no longer the best football game but if you think it is then fine PC is the way to go for you.

1st Ive played Euro2008 on 360 and puked...but if other people find it good so be it...
2nd I dont even want to get into Euro2008/Fifa08 on PC....
In greece we say: Amongst the blind the one eyed rules...so for me PES2008 is the least crap out of this whole "nextgen" shit....And with the manager server coming for PES2008 with limitless possibilities its even more lopsided for me...

1st Ive played Euro2008 on 360 and puked...but if other people find it good so be it...
2nd I dont even want to get into Euro2008/Fifa08 on PC....
In greece we say: Amongst the blind the one eyed rules...so for me PES2008 is the least crap out of this whole "nextgen" shit....And with the manager server coming for PES2008 with limitless possibilities its even more lopsided for me...

good god you are a true fanboy

No it's more about the aggressive and quasi-abusive way you feel the need to belittle something you don't agree with whilst trying to force your beliefs on others, that's what makes you a fanboy :)

So I have to love something that I find crap to not be a fanboy?

the fact that you find it crap, screams fanboy, the game is not perfect, howver it is far from crap. PES2008 is an absolute disgrace to the hundreads and thousands of us who poured good time and money to a gamming series, only to see it become ice hockey meets football. I loved WE for a long time because it was incredible compared to how crap fifa was, now the tide has turned. The core gameplay of PES2008 on the pc, xbox360 is way too fast and basically the same thing over and over again... nothing new to add but the graphics, nothing new to learn, nothing new to go oooooooooooh, you can do that! moment. I doubt you have played more then 5 games of fifa 08

I just read through this thread and laughed my arse off, I can't believe how heated Hellenes and co. are getting over a VIDEO GAME.

Guys, get things into perspective!

the fact that you find it crap, screams fanboy, the game is not perfect, howver it is far from crap. PES2008 is an absolute disgrace to the hundreads and thousands of us who poured good time and money to a gamming series, only to see it become ice hockey meets football. I loved WE for a long time because it was incredible compared to how crap fifa was, now the tide has turned. The core gameplay of PES2008 on the pc, xbox360 is way too fast and basically the same thing over and over again... nothing new to add but the graphics, nothing new to learn, nothing new to go oooooooooooh, you can do that! moment. I doubt you have played more then 5 games of fifa 08

I was a fifa fan up until fifa 2000 why? Because of the greek commentary and the greek premier division and because of the licenses....After trying WE5 it was all over...
So now after trying Euro2008 (boat simulator) it made me sick...so dont try to push your preferences onto me I dont care what you like or dont like...for me Fifa08 and Euro2008 are both huge piles of shit...
So enjoy your boats I dont give a shit about what people play...

I was a fifa fan up until fifa 2000 why? Because of the greek commentary and the greek premier division and because of the licenses....After trying WE5 it was all over...
So now after trying Euro2008 (boat simulator) it made me sick...so dont try to push your preferences onto me I dont care what you like or dont like...for me Fifa08 and Euro2008 are both huge piles of shit...
So enjoy your boats I dont give a shit about what people play...

I can't be bothered to read through this thread to find out as I'm not 9 years old so I'll ask you:

Do you think PES 2008 on the PS3/360 is a good football game? Honest question for you mate. :))

I can't be bothered to read through this thread to find out as I'm not 9 years old so I'll ask you:

Do you think PES 2008 on the PS3/360 is a good football game? Honest question for you mate. :))

Its the half eyed amongst the blind...IMO (as always) Euro2008 is a disgrace of football...so comparing to the competition yes PES2008 is a good football game...

Back
Top Bottom