PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Re: PES vs. FIFA - The Thread

Pointless thread in my opinion. I think we can discuss the games individually in the threads already made and im sure we can make comparisons WITHOUT the need for a thread like this.

Just my opinion

Pointless thread in my opinion. I think we can discuss the games individually in the threads already made and im sure we can make comparisons WITHOUT the need for a thread like this.

Just my opinion

Look the disaster in the PES2208 thread, whit Knight, ieatmycerealethemorning and other, enought, i have nothing for compare game, but now it's grotesque.

Last edited:

The "disaster"? Is pointing out how next-gen PES graphically compares to other next-gen titles in the same category, a disaster?

What's next? A "Critisize PES" thread because of an "outrageous incident" where someone disliked a PES feature?

Wow. I see you also included "grotesque" to describe the whole "event".

This is the move of a FB who doesn't want his game to look bad in any way, I'm sorry to say.

Much like American Football, 2k could've made a great NFL game on next-gen if it weren't for EA being greedy and buying licences. Anyway ...

I've always preferred ISS/PES over FIFA, it's only last year when FIFA 07, then UEFA CL, started becoming close and in many regards, the better game. For the first time in a season, I'm anticipating FIFA 08 more, though I'm obviously excited about PES 08 and will be buying it too of course hehe :)

It would be funnier if it weren't true :(

Although I'm having a chat with my contact shortly so hopefully he'll be able to spread some light on a few things.

...if it weren't for EA being greedy and buying licences. Anyway ...

I do agree that the lack of license hurts PES, however I completely disagree that it is EA being "greedy". I'm sorry but this is a business and EA are smart, they are the ones who stumped up the cash to pay for the licenses they use. Konami had their chance and they didn't bother, they invested in animal heads instead. Konami are a pretty useless when it comes to making the correct long term business decisions, anyone who defends them is deluded.

Applause for LJ good post about Konami investing in them fantastically detailed Animal Heads that no one gives a damn about!, now can we close this pointless thread ;)

FIFA = Better presentation (graphics, sound)

PES = Better gameplay

unfortunally this will never change (in the nearest future)

I still wonder, why EA couldn't manage to programm a realistic pysics engine (see Football Kingdom, they've tried once and it worked)
EA has the best motion capturing studios for sure - but why do their animation still look stiff (compare 2kSports, they've got it working)

It makes me angry that the licensing deals are all long term, many of them exclusive.
I don't want to know what league/FA representatives did get next to the money...
...and I think the situation will get worse as Peter Moore's now on their top.

If you ask me PES = Blatant CPU Scripting, Stiff Robotic players and having to use Super Cancel half the time and your players run completely the wrong way or just dont stop running. Pre-Determined Passes and a crap manual passing system. Master League (which is a good concept) that has been the same since about PES3.Bullshit physics and deflections that mostly head towards the CPU team. Players heads going through other players bodies which has been the same since early PES'S. Each "Evolution" seems to take a step forward in one small department but a step backwards in the fact the game Engine isnt evolving and some problems have existed AI Wise since ISS Pro Evolution.

FIFA = A license fest which is getting better since a new team took over its development after 05. Yes its not quite there and there are issues with the shooting system but the game has full Manual Passing that I think works well. Crossing system is basically busted and needs re-working and fixing for 08. Ive scored a lot of different goals on FIFA 07 but TOO many TAP-INS EA!!! They have all the licenses but at times they DONT do them justice by making the most of them, some of the player-likenesses are shit to say the least! In the past they even got Kit details wrong which was quite laughable. They also tend to include silly bugs or shortcomings in the gameplay, after FIFA 07, UEFA CL ironed out a lot of the bugs and refined the gameplay somewhat and it became a "Joy" to play rather than a Chor.

Last edited by a moderator:

You only have negative things to say about PES. I think you're crap at it.

Or maybe it's because it's a crap game that has stagnated for a number of versions now due to lazy/greedy development? No improved ML but instead we get silly animal heads? Fuck Konami.

If you ask me PES = Blatant CPU Scripting, Stiff Robotic players and having to use Super Cancel half the time and your players run completely the wrong way or just dont stop running. Pre-Determined Passes and a crap manual passing system. Master League (which is a good concept) that has been the same since about PES3.Bullshit physics and deflections that mostly head towards the CPU team. Players heads going through other players bodies which has been the same since early PES'S. Each "Evolution" seems to take a step forward in one small department but a step backwards in the fact the game Engine isnt evolving and some problems have existed AI Wise since ISS Pro Evolution.

All true, but still a better game on the park than FIFA.
I can't see it changing with the new iterations either.

FIFA = Better presentation (graphics, sound)

PES = Better gameplay
Though I agree about overall presentation (menus, etc) and sound, I think it's a misconception that FIFA has superior graphics. PES has always looked better in the areas that matter. For example, official kits on PES look much more realistic than their FIFA equivalents. This has always struck me as strange, as FIFA has always held the licenses, yet they still fail to fulfill that potential by producing incorrect kits. Also, player realism is much more apparent in PES. Though EA spends a lot of time mapping players faces, they always bear little resemblance.

Last edited:

You only have negative things to say about PES. I think you're crap at it.
Or you are just one of these misguided people that think the sun shines out of PES's arse! PES does no wrong and is perfect because it sorta feels like real football but then ruins it with its constant bullshit. Agreed that Multiplayer PES is good fun (unless its online with laggers or Adriano cheats and cut back kings!) But I play PES on my own and for things such as Master League (which hasnt changed for years and is fuckin getting boring!)

FIFA is by no means perfect. I said negative things about its shooting system didnt I? yep its something for EA to work ok, as is their oddities in the presentation of the game e.g. Basketball shorts and odd looking player appearances.

I'm not misguided, I simply know that PES has a lot more things going for it than against it. And it still is a lot better than FIFA.

So you love CPU generated crap? half the time you press a button to do something and it does completely the opposite? I personally am sick of it. I want full control over my players. I want realistic deflections of the ball. I shouldnt have to press Super SHIT Cancel every time to try and move my player where he should be going in the 1st place. Airjoca you just love PES too much if you ask me.

He's entitled to. He's said before that he is very good at the game so he's got to the point where he can gain more control over the players, which is fair enough. If he enjoys it he enjoys it.

I don't come on here to start arguments with people, I just wish a few things were fixed. A mate asked for a game of PES6 before, both of us being an ML team, and after three games we had to stop because I was going to have a stroke. I'm trying to run onto the other side of a player (i.e. where the ball is) and your player just freezes, as if the game is saying "error, cannot compute, you can't be allowed to do that or then it would be too easy". Plus there was three or four occasions where I'm on the left of the striker, I press up (his left) to play a through-ball on that side, and the guy kicks the ball to the right of the striker for no apparent reason and straight to the defender (oh wait, there's the reason), and the manual passing (in 8 directions) makes no difference. I just can't cope with it. But then I don't have the time (or the patience) to play it for hours and hours every day, to practice the manual passing, and to drum into my instinct to press a two-button combo when all I want the player to do is move. I just want to pick up the pad and play.

But if you master it, which he's done, I'm sure it's great. It's just that getting there is a bastard if you're not prepared to invest hours into it. I've played the game since ISSPE on the PSone, but back then I was playing it for hours a day, I can't do that any more. But to be honest, I still think that's because the game has stayed the same in so many areas that it just got boring and I wasn't willing to play it, rather than having less spare time. I don't even think you should have to play it for hours a day (to master it yes, to stop your player from running the wrong direction and playing the wrong pass no), and I do still feel that the CPU makes your team worse rather than making themselves play better when it needs to win, but he can enjoy what he wants.

I just hope FIFA is great this year.

Last edited:

I've started a ML yesterday for the first time in ages (PES6/360)
For me it's a totally different game compared to Multiplayer/single player friendly (strong team vs. strong team)

I've played in top player mode and it was hard to create any chances with my crappy default team. Passes went to the opponent, shooting was awful and if I didn't pass quickly enough almost every ball got lost. In short terms I got NO CONTROL, but I had to FIGHT. Even if it was frustrating, I didn't had the feeling I got cheated. It was more like watching a real game on TV and moaning about the players like "why didn't you pass" or "for god's sake, why does this ido* still play.."

Multyplayer (I play with AS ROMA most times) is a totally different experience. 10% max do things happen, I don't want to.
I can create a smooth and skilled game, but the FIGHT factor is missing sometimes/often.

So it's a toltally different thing playing with weak or strong teams. I love both...

I don't come on here to start arguments with people
Nor do I! I come on here to read new info and to see what people have got to say about various other stuff. The way Airjoca kept saying that I must be crap at the game (Considering ive played all since ISS Pro on the PSOne and noticed the same flaw in all of them since!) I think I can safely say im not crap otherwise I wouldnt have completed them all on the hardest difficulty. Anywayz my point is PES is far from perfect and I think EA were heading in the right direction Next Gen wise.

.... Anywayz my point is PES is far from perfect and I think EA were heading in the right direction Next Gen wise.

I don't think so:
For the first time in ages (FIFA 2001, I think) I was excited about a FIFA release (FIFA 2007). But I was dissapointed:
- Physics still not right
- Animations were poor/stiff
- especially the keepers are far from realistic
- every touch is given a free kick
- shooting is wrong
- faces look really ugly, even non-generic
I was hoping UEFA CL irons some of these out, but no...

But: FIFA 07 on PC/PS2 is a decent game ! Unfortunally the graphics are even worse than PES.
FIFA 08/PC/PS2 looks promising, too.

So EA is NOT on track Next Gen wise. They should hire the current gen team for doing the next gen releases.

I must admit that EA tried to do something new on the next gen consoles. But it's still a try only.
On current gen they do something like an evolution ;) , which is much better, imo.
Of course I want to see eye candy. That's what I bought my 32" Samsung (I didn't get an approval from my missus for a larger one) and the cosoles (PS3/360) for. But gameplay is still more important to me.

Two more things:
- the freedom of play ("manual passing") is implemented in PES since a long time. Just assign the right stick to pass without(!) pressing R3 and you can do wonderful things. It needs some practice, though.
- in PES different players really do have different skills (and as some previews say they put even more attention to this). On the FIFA games it feels like every player is the same.

Hopefully EA manages to iron out some of the things mentioned above, as Konami needs pressure to evolve

Okay players in PES are stiff. Having to use super cancel is a fuckin shit excuse for not giving us FULL control over our players. At least on UEFA CL on 360 if I am moving a player in a direction he goes that way and I can stop him from running....

Okay players in PES are stiff. Having to use super cancel is a fuckin shit excuse for not giving us FULL control over our players. At least on UEFA CL on 360 if I am moving a player in a direction he goes that way and I can stop him from running....

yeah but there is a huge lag in fifa, i push towards the direction i want the player to go and about way too late he goes that way. i dont have that problem in pes

I do, I have that all the time in PES. I press pass, the guy takes three steps, and then he's ran into the defender.

But the reaction times in FIFA are piss poor. It's like playing the game from Japan (which is weird because it never used to be that way).

Back
Top Bottom