PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180823_142718.jpg
Not sure why but Salah kept trying to block my shot there, he did duck eventually but it was enough to eff up my concentration and the free kick.
Maybe it was just a hot strat though.

It's not only negatives though. In fact just yesterday I posted a video a red card shown to Rakitic because I liked how the whole thing went down. And what I was saying is that you can have a different opinion, and you are entitled to express it. But when you do, you're opening yourself to debate it. You can't just say "This is what I think: Blah blah blah. But I don't want anybody replying to me". That's not how forums work.
Noo I completely agree with you, it's definitely not how forums work but there for sure will be some people that just want to make their point and then not be involved in a conversation afterwards!

Maybe it's just the good old Pes placebo, but I think after the patch on steam the players jump more for the headers on manual. Or maybe it's because I raised the difficulty.

I noticed smth after the update
CPU passes are reduced, and cpu players are finally running/dribbling with the ball!
I Had 45 passes , Cpu 65
I dribbled 180 meters in total, Cpu dribbled 140!
Finally!

If the Cpu is fixed, then i can talk about the best Soccer ever made.

CPU passes are reduced, and cpu players are finally running/dribbling with the ball!
I Had 45 passes , Cpu 65
Finally!

thx for the info. and now: PLAY MORE!!! :D

na, really. thx. this is the PC demo, right!?

Most of the headers at goal look so weird and physically impossible... As if the player's head is absorbing the impact like a sponge.

Powerful whipped cross, solid contact on the ball... Loops slowly towards goal. Feels completely wrong.

It doesn't seem like headers from crosses (and most other situations) are naturally redirecting the ball with proper physics involved - it's just sending the ball on one of a few scripted trajectories/speeds as a separate event. Maybe only blocks/deflections, tackles and GK saves are using real physics/collisions.

Sometimes it can still produce good looking results, but it still feels very primitive and unnatural, especially if you jump on PES after playing a game with totally real-time proper physics like Rocket League. Even compared to old PES games there seems to be much less variety in the ball trajectories in various situations (headers/shots at goal in particular).

Look at this header from PES 2011, anyone had similar in 2019?

Last edited:
I Had 45 passes , Cpu 65
Finally!

placebo-139387-1.jpg

Most football games don't look like that for 90 minutes. But if that's what you're trying to imitate, more power to you. Like I said, to each his/her own.
Games on Pro Evo dont last for 90's it's usually 90's crammed into 10-12 minutes so it's basically highlight football the way it should be. A sim would never sell.

3 games in a row my opponent has gone to have a shit at the start of the game and isn't contolling their players ffs
Thats happened to me a few times...thought it was down the the other guy quitting.

Amazing after all these years the Japanese are still 10 years behind the rest of the world!

Last edited:
Most of the headers at goal look so weird and physically impossible... As if the player's head is absorbing the impact like a sponge.

Powerful whipped cross, solid contact on the ball... Loops slowly towards goal. Feels completely wrong.

It doesn't seem like headers from crosses (and most other situations) are naturally redirecting the ball with proper physics involved - it's just sending the ball on one of a few scripted trajectories/speeds as a separate event. Maybe only blocks/deflections, tackles and GK saves are using real physics/collisions.

Sometimes it can still produce good looking results, but it still feels very primitive and unnatural, especially if you jump on PES after playing a game with totally real-time proper physics like Rocket League. Even compared to old PES games there seems to be much less variety in the ball trajectories in various situations (headers/shots at goal in particular).

I get you and I’m with you that something with manual header seems off.
But I don’t want to see those rocket headers like in that video. Totally unnatural! I was playing a 4 letter soccer game where this is the norm. Don’t like it at all.
Some player can’t even shoot that hard. ;)
But these headers in 2019 seem fixable to me. Let’s see.

did anyone noticed when playing against AC Milan that Bonucci play long balls almost all the time? Last year in my city AC Milam were guests in Europa League qualification and I was on rhe stadium. Looking at him how play on pes look almost like he played in real life, animations of long pass, movement and all. The more I play the game I notice more and more this kind of stuff which is good :)

I get you and I’m with you that something with manual header seems off.
But I don’t want to see those rocket headers like in that video. Totally unnatural! I was playing a 4 letter soccer game where this is the norm. Don’t like it at all.
Some player can’t even shoot that hard. ;)
But these headers in 2019 seem fixable to me. Let’s see.
Maybe not with that extreme power, but it should be possible to do stuff like that whether it's on manual or not. Running onto the ball and attacking it with a powerful downward header... Possible in much older games on lesser hardware but regressed to the current crap headers we see in a game in 2018...

The ghost/shadow bug seems to be gone for me after the update. Veltins Arena at night, high graphics settings and no adaptive vsync - no ghosts at all.

I have to confess, I'm a ping-pong spammer too!:D
ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

I love to play slow build-up but the game is pushing me to be ping-pongy even on FUMA(lesser extent).
There are lot's of openings for ping-pong offense that doing a slow/possession build up feels senseless and inefficient at times.
I can just pass the ball around for the sake of possession and look for the right opportunity to penetrate..
but opportunities to penetrate with ping-pong passes are always there.
The game is build to play ping pong, no choice, adam bhati even defends it

Ping-pong passing at it's best!
Why doesn't it look so miserable in real-life?
That's because each pass requires skills.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to translate a "football skill" into a video game.
ezgif-5-ee31c1a7e8.gif

ezgif-5-953a666e35.gif

Just a thought:
Does real footballers see what we see while playing?
We have the precise knowledge of where our teammates is, which means we can plan/string/execute our passes better(to a certain extent) than in real-life.

Real footballers only have 2 eyes. Imagine if they have a 360 eyes and have the knowledge to know the precise position of their teammates at all times.
Xavi had 360 eyes lol

Maybe not with that extreme power, but it should be possible to do stuff like that whether it's on manual or not. Running onto the ball and attacking it with a powerful downward header... Possible in much older games on lesser hardware but regressed to the current crap headers we see in a game in 2018...

The problem is also that not a lot of players are making runs for the cross. In 10v10, there are some guys who are good with headers, giving me tips to always charge my run with a few steps swinging my weight into it. And also to pick a heavy guy (so when collisions need to happen, I'm in favor). But that isn't possible in 1v1 mode, I cannot control the player before the ball arrives (unless u use manual team mate control, tough to do tho). So all I'm left with, is to watch for runs before my cross into the box, but hardly anybody is gesturing a run. No run, no power in headers. I'm not sure if centering target in advance tactic helps?

One thing I've noticed about a lot of these demo videos and PES videos in general over the years, is that people use the sprint button far too much. The game is much better and more realistic when the sprint button is used sparingly, to get out of tight situations or when one on one with the keeper, for example. Some of you should try it. Play a whole game without touching the sprint button. Takes discipline.

The problem is also that not a lot of players are making runs for the cross. In 10v10, there are some guys who are good with headers, giving me tips to always charge my run with a few steps swinging my weight into it. And also to pick a heavy guy (so when collisions need to happen, I'm in favor). But that isn't possible in 1v1 mode, I cannot control the player before the ball arrives (unless u use manual team mate control, tough to do tho). So all I'm left with, is to watch for runs before my cross into the box, but hardly anybody is gesturing a run. No run, no power in headers. I'm not sure if centering target in advance tactic helps?
I get your point, and did see better headers in 2018 in the co-op and team play modes, but it still shouldn't be necessary to do all this extra work to get decent headers.

I don't think that is the problem though - I've had balls perfectly stood up to attack from wide free kicks, super cancelled to time my run and jump, got what looked like a clean contact on the ball (from the animation), and the resulting header is still really weak.

Centring targets seems to make the striker make runs across the face of the defenders in central positions around the six-yard box, which helps with scoring headers, but only the same types of them again and again... Beating the keeper at very close range. I score a lot of these, but it's very repetitive and unsatisfying.

See this video and keep your eye on Burgstaller, on the first goal he gestures 3 or 4 times for the ball while making some movement;

Here are a couple more examples from PES 2011 of the kind of powerful headers I never see in 2019;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom