PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the online thing, which I play first time since 2009 or 10, I notice most player let Ai and sliders help including standar low pass from flanks/sides and into the net. Unless it is someone that is not France/Barca/Liverpoo...then games are interesting.

I gotta say I do enjoy PA1 online with similar settings. It's not THAT assisted and you can defend against those who try to ping pong their way if you just concentrate a bit. But this will surely change when people who are used to this type of play get to grips with the exploits so I guess it will be Manual for me in the end anyways. 10% less assisted on PA1 and it would be REALLY good though.

i had a couple of good games last night then played Barcelona

Suarez went through on goal more or less dead centre with keeper to beat
I actually put my pad down to see what would happen
Instead of shooting he got to about 18 yards maybe a bit closer - stopped turned back away from goal
And then tried a chipped through ball over my defender - who had got back due to him stopping - to messi who had now overlapped.
I headed it away at this point

It's as though the AI has to pass, for me its even in the stats. Same game at half time the furthest accumulate dribble was on 7m (the length of my living room) all hlaf by one player. 3/4 of the barcelona team had Zero meters dribbled. Its just pass pass pass - into area shoot. And thats not just Barcelona

I really hope this is sorted on release as its a great game otherwise.

I usually forget to record nice plays, but remembered last night and just wanted to share.

Plays like this still remind me that playing football on PES is more then possible if people are willing. :BYE:

Full Match here:

I have to confess, I'm a ping-pong spammer too!:D
ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

I love to play slow build-up but the game is pushing me to be ping-pongy even on FUMA(lesser extent).
There are lot's of openings for ping-pong offense that doing a slow/possession build up feels senseless and inefficient at times.
I can just pass the ball around for the sake of possession and look for the right opportunity to penetrate..
but opportunities to penetrate with ping-pong passes are always there.

Last edited:
In the spirit of fairness I have kept at the demo. Its deffo got some good things going for it but those main issues of AI attack play, speed and game pace remain.

If they can:

Fix the goalkeeper stuck on the line issue
Get the AI playing a more random attacking game instead of backheels and low crosses
If they can somehow get the computer to slow the pace a little instead of bombing the ball forward at every opportunity

They might have something worthy of investment on their hands.

The passing is lovely, its just that everything is hurried. No one can put their foot on the ball and like Elanimator says above, myself slowing the game down feels inefficient and forced.

The passing is lovely, its just that everything is hurried. No one can put their foot on the ball and like Elanimator says above, myself slowing the game down feels inefficient and forced.

The hope in that probably lies in stamina punishment, they need to boost the effects. Then that way there's a trade off between forcing opponents to play quick, and risking it to slow it down. A team should be allowed to play how they want to, in 19 this seems to be possible on the field. Problem is playing slow, like you said, is inefficient and could back fire, whereas teams that plays quick and press quick, don't get punished enough.

That reminds me of all the stamina test videos out there, stamina seems to only effect offballers (move less, unwilling to track). On the ball it only effects touch. But in none of the tests, the speed is effected, which is really the main thing that enables a team to continue to play quick and press quick...There was one guy who did a test with a fixed selection player and ran all 90 minutes without stopping, when a player is under human control, he can run however much he wants all game long. Hugely disappointed with visible fatigue and the influence it has on the game.

ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

I love to play slow build-up but the game is pushing me to be ping-pongy even on FUMA(lesser extent).
There are lot's of openings for ping-pong offense that doing a slow/possession build up feels senseless and inefficient at times.
I can just pass the ball around for the sake of possession and look for the right opportunity to penetrate..

There is no doubt this game gives a far higher reward for ping pong passing rather than slow build up. I prefer to play slow but it's like the game "works" once you start ping ponging about.

Second yellow card shown to Rakitic and further Red card.
Both times he tackled Dybala. I liked this match.

Grass that actually looks a decent colour of grass. Also it looks way better detail wise than on my PS4 Pro and LG OLED

This the PC version i take it? What kinda specs you running?

Look at the difference between someone elses vid/gif
ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

On the lg mate try turning off the hdr mode on ps4. In normal game mode my picture looks like The pc one above and with hdr on looks terrible.

There is no doubt this game gives a far higher reward for ping pong passing rather than slow build up. I prefer to play slow but it's like the game "works" once you start ping ponging about.

This is true for me. I like to take a measured approach, but a change of pace (slow, slow, quick) seems to me a valid tactic.

It just seems a little too easy to pull off, and the constant (unrealistic) pressure means you have to resort to it just to get down the pitch.

Steam demo got patched today. Any patch for consoles?

Is that so? They actually patched a Demo?.
No official word about it?

Grass that actually looks a decent colour of grass. Also it looks way better detail wise than on my PS4 Pro and LG OLED

This the PC version i take it? What kinda specs you running?

Look at the difference between someone elses vid/gif
ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

My specs are right in my signature, mate.

ezgif-5-f07a672448.gif

Fuck me, that looks like a miserable way to play the game. It doesn't even look like football. To each his own though.

You are right.
Yesterday I had to go back from manual passing to PA1 because I just haven't been enjoying the demo lately. At all. And it instantly felt smoother and more enjoyable. I had to hold myself back from stringing first time passes though which is funny because... to enjoy PES 2019 you practically have to handicap yourself.

All the more reasons to have something in-between Manual and PA1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom