PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while but I'm sure PES 11 had different pass assistance levels? PES 10 was the last one with universal settings.

But yeah, remember having Huddlestone at DM who couldn't move but could a ping perfect 40 yard ball. Also players with the 'Playmaker' trait were much better at splitting defences.

I think it was a mistake to remove the 'Passing Speed' attribute as well. Might not be realistic, but it worked well at making good passers more effective as their final ball had enough zip to make interceptions trickier.
Nope Pes 12 was the first game you could chose PA or not,before that,it was only the option it came with.
12-13-14:are great on PA1 and obviously manual to,same with 15,been shit since

Just played some bloke who was ping-ponging and sprint-spamming so I started knocking about between my defenders and midfielders waiting for gaps and scored. He managed to equalise and then afterwards messaged me abusing me. :LOL:
I once had a friend who used to play like that on ps - annoying to play against those. Anyways this year I play this demo online to see whats up and got smashed fair few times up to 7:0 til i remembered ping pongs. Anyways changed few things and no moar ping pong for them. They will score if i make a noob mistake, but in many cases what happens to you - after i block them and if i spend more time attacking in the first half than they do pongers will:
go afk
rage score into their net x3
sometimes play entire game, more often those afk or rage.

It is sad :SAL:

I strongly advice you guys trying playing on Wet Pitch. For me it makes a noticeable and positive difference, at least on medium difficulties. Ball moves better, games are usually slower, there's more control error etc. I even think AI becomes more human-like on that setting.

@Tinker as you just said it, i was playing with wet conditions only last night. :) i like the replays with splashing water effects... ;)
the game is different when the pitch is wet. like that. players sliding, falling...

one thing that i really liked last night, and it happend before, i was able to force the opponent in directs on the pitch where i wanted them to be. its so nice to "steer" them by jsut moving my whole team as a team! :)
and one other thing that has to do with this... my teammates respond so nice in 2019 to what i do with the active player. closing gaps n stuff... when i use my LB to not cover the side of the pitch (the opponent RWF) but instead move into the penalty box, my teammates react to that and close the gap on the outside of the pitch. lovely.
it goes so far that you can drive you own mates crazy when changing a lot where i go with the active player. :D
i like that AI behaviour... its one of the gameplay features that evolved, imo!

Agree that whole team defending is much more satisfying than last year.

Somebody (sorry, I forget who, may be this thread or general news thread) suggested defending without using sprinting. Tried this: ace. Am better at shutting down passing lanes and keeping shape. Love the advanced strategy of SMs tucking in when out of possession too. Playing a high line is no longer the death trap it used to be for me. I’m even using the offside trap!

Yes, it does get sprung, but some ping-pongers dong seem to understand how offside works. Which is helpful.

Manual passing in this demo is hard as balls! I was playing on professional last night for a few matches and couldn't even get a goal, even playing Liverpool against Palmeiras, etc. Passes I used to do in my sleep in 2018 go astray and sometimes I even feel they go entirely the wrong way! I did have manual shooting on as well so it didn't really help that the few chances I got were blown by lackluster shooting.

I'm used to playing Top Player, I feel there will be a lot of testing the full game out before I settle on a difficulty and play settings.

Manual passing in this demo is hard as balls! I was playing on professional last night for a few matches and couldn't even get a goal, even playing Liverpool against Palmeiras, etc. Passes I used to do in my sleep in 2018 go astray and sometimes I even feel they go entirely the wrong way! I did have manual shooting on as well so it didn't really help that the few chances I got were blown by lackluster shooting.

I'm used to playing Top Player, I feel there will be a lot of testing the full game out before I settle on a difficulty and play settings.
try professional with fuma! and dont give up please. it takes some time... but its so rewarding, if you nail it! :)
alone the freedom of putting the ball where i want it, be it passing (high or low, L1, L2 crosses) or shooting...!

let us have an online training session! discord chat, online match... and of we go! :) i dont like online matches but for helping purposes i would go there!

try professional with fuma! and dont give up please. it takes some time... but its so rewarding, if you nail it! :)
alone the freedom of putting the ball where i want it, be it passing (high or low, L1, L2 crosses) or shooting...!

let us have an online training session! discord chat, online match... and of we go! :) i dont like online matches but for helping purposes i would go there!
It's a date, soon as the game is out! How are you doing with the manual headers? I am still struggling to get some power into them.

It's a date, soon as the game is out! How are you doing with the manual headers? I am still struggling to get some power into them.
sometimes my striker isnt moving at all, like some said it before. but i get header at goal, floaty ones, strong ones, down to the ground (bouncing) ones...
but i have to go to the training ground to check on this in detail with some time at hands and the opponent not pressuring all the time. i'm not fully satisfied just yet. dont know if its the game, me and my timing or part of both...
really need that training sessions! :)

and there is more gameplay related stuff i need to check on in detail. i want to dive in soooo deep this year.

saying that: atting patters of the AI are "tweakworthy"! ^^ i want to see more variety in situations like when Salah is sprinting towards my pen area and going outside again or passing instead of going one on one into the pen area.
some other repetitive moves by the AI are there to see for years now... sad. needs tweaking.

lets see how long this love will last this time... ;) :D

Just played some bloke who was ping-ponging and sprint-spamming so I started knocking about between my defenders and midfielders waiting for gaps and scored. He managed to equalise and then afterwards messaged me abusing me. :LOL:

I questioned why he was so upset about not winning and he then sent me screenshots showing he was in Division 1 on 2018.

Imagine being so upset over a demo; is that the sort of crowd online attracts? Glad I don't fucking play it much and prefer offline. Whiny fucking crybabies.

EDIT: He was called SKARIOTE if anyone has heard of him; I'm not au fait with these online players and/or whether they're Youtube celebrities or whatnot.

Online co op was the same last year, ball huggers and sprint fanatics not playing as a team whatsoever but make one mistake yourself and they do that silly rage smiley nonsense for a minute or two and a nice message saying how terrible you are usually follows. Some people are just grime.

Online co op was the same last year, ball huggers and sprint fanatics not playing as a team whatsoever but make one mistake yourself and they do that silly rage smiley nonsense for a minute or two and a nice message saying how terrible you are usually follows. Some people are just grime.

You should join the manual crowd, much nicer people. Although there are some super- mega- fuma- fanboys who will abuse you if you use anything else than STRICTLY fuma but they are few. Like I said in some earlier post, the main thing is that passing is manual, the other stuff I can live with.

I liked the demo particularly the ball psychics and visuals (lighting in particular). What I don’t like is the player switching, I gave PES a break for three years before buying 18 and this demo reminds me of player switching from last year, it doesn’t feel as fluid or natural as the older games. Can that be fixed in the settings or have I got it wrong? The keepers staying on their line is another issue (I love chipping it over the keeper).

You should join the manual crowd, much nicer people. Although there are some super- mega- fuma- fanboys who will abuse you if you use anything else than STRICTLY fuma but they are few. Like I said in some earlier post, the main thing is that passing is manual, the other stuff I can live with.

To be honest I’m a terrible player with manual. I try to keep the ball, keep it on the ground as much as possible, nice through balls, not sprint fart constantly or try that glitch from last year where after a goal the opposition hit it long and your defense is static. Playing with randoms Co Op is very hit and miss.

I played on online game last night which reminded me of sometimes why i hat playing online. The guy had no interest in making a game of it it was through pass spam to Salah and dribble score.Not a hint of watching a replay it finished me losing 9-5. I mean come on! I don't mind losing but these type of players are just what makes the game unbearable. Bastards..

I liked the demo particularly the ball psychics and visuals (lighting in particular). What I don’t like is the player switching, I gave PES a break for three years before buying 18 and this demo reminds me of player switching from last year, it doesn’t feel as fluid or natural as the older games. Can that be fixed in the settings or have I got it wrong? The keepers staying on their line is another issue (I love chipping it over the keeper).

No. It's just not very good, unfortunately. Needs tweeking.

Finally got around to playing the demo. It's pretty good actually. Passing feels much better and that's been my main complaint for years.

Also realised how much more I enjoy playing with International teams than club teams. Feels freer, like I can experiment to make them suit the style I want. With club teams I feel like I should always be playing the 'correct' way.

i might give this more of a try this year. my issue is though with online hardly anyone plays fuma so I don't see the point in playing like that at a disadvantage basically I feel going against assisted players. I don't have the nerve for the shooting when I finally get a good chance on my manual passing and it goes to the corner flag ... lol now If i did join a league and everyone in the league playing full manual then that would be great. it's fun when the other person is also playing fuma . maybe offline I will play master league fuma this year and try it out but the majority of my play is online so that's why i don't give it much of a chance I guess. I will admit when I played fuma vs a buddy in the beta online so we can match up against each other it was pretty interesting how much more sim it makes the game playing that way. every pass and play you do was so rewarding basically at that point ... so I do hear you on that point. I started to pick up on the manual passing in my match and could move the ball decent but my shooting so bad it was funny... could never even hit the target. any suggestions specifically on how to shoot on manual? also I'm guessing when you play full manual there is no need for user to use Triangle for thru balls anymore right? you always use regular pass x or circle for every pass on fuma?

Last edited:
Feels like the demo is getting tighter for myself and my opponents...faster passes, faster pressure, almost like the game is a little more aggressive and rushed (please no).

In the span of a few minutes in this clip...there were close calls of a sombero, a powerful header, a shot to top corner....just easy and too clean too clinical. Sombero had a lot of errors when I first jumped on the demo? Weaker players couldn't do them consistently, now it's like easy again like PES18 and before. Everything felt easy to do since the last weekend.

I much rather have space and time in the midfield to pick out my plays and play a thinking game, than having a high intensity game where I'm forced to depend on dribbling actions (which are also too clean to be realistic). Some games are really starting to feel like PES18 and every year before that, because of the lack of space/time for midfield choices. It looks exciting for a moment but I'm worried it'll get too action packed to cater to run and gun games.

Feels like the demo is getting tighter for myself and my opponents...faster passes, faster pressure, almost like the game is a little more aggressive and rushed (please no).

In the span of a few minutes in this clip...there were close calls of a sombero, a powerful header, a shot to top corner....just easy and too clean too clinical. Sombero had a lot of errors when I first jumped on the demo? Weaker players couldn't do them consistently, now it's like easy again like PES18 and before. Everything felt easy to do since the last weekend.

I much rather have space and time in the midfield to pick out my plays and play a thinking game, than having a high intensity game where I'm forced to depend on dribbling actions (which are also too clean to be realistic). Some games are really starting to feel like PES18 and every year before that, because of the lack of space/time for midfield choices. It looks exciting for a moment but I'm worried it'll get too action packed to cater to run and gun games.
that deflection before the header: nice! the header animation itself: lovely! so much happening! like your play style, but you know that. we need to play against! :D

that deflection before the header: nice! the header animation itself: lovely! so much happening! like your play style, but you know that. we need to play against! :D

If you are on PS4 u can find me! Lately I'm putting my time in 10v10 it opens the game up even further (dynamic positioning, game reading feels more engaging than having AI in the background).

Playing this less and less

Cant put my finger on it but it just doesnt feel same at all anymore. i have gone from 21 wins in a row and 20 shots a game to 7 or 8 shots a game and hardly any consistent wins

Maybe i am not concetnrating , maybe all good gamers waited a few weeks to play beta

I dunno but doubtful

While waiting for the full game to unlock on PC I decided to play a few games on the demo against the Ai using manual passing and shooting. All I can say is WOW! What a difference. The Ai plays more organically and significantly more aggressive, sure manual passing/shooting takes alot of patience but it's well worth it.

manual passing and advanced shooting is for me all pes stands for... playing against frineds and we try at first PA1 was absolut boring... no freedom, no satisfying, i fell dead inside playing PA1 :)

Is the online mode in the demo going to stay on once the full game is out? I played two games then didn’t come back to the demo, the offline gameplay just does nothing for me - but I only realised there was an online mode last week. I just wouldn’t be able to put up with PA1 but PA0 is feeling a bit like last year’s beta to me. I don’t see a lot of passing individuality, the heading is a real issue and keepers are awful at 1v1s... but I’m fully willing to put up with a lot of the flaws for the sake of that ball physics. Curling long passes is an utter trouser-rubbing joy.

Is the online mode in the demo going to stay on once the full game is out? I played two games then didn’t come back to the demo, the offline gameplay just does nothing for me - but I only realised there was an online mode last week. I just wouldn’t be able to put up with PA1 but PA0 is feeling a bit like last year’s beta to me. I don’t see a lot of passing individuality, the heading is a real issue and keepers are awful at 1v1s... but I’m fully willing to put up with a lot of the flaws for the sake of that ball physics. Curling long passes is an utter trouser-rubbing joy.
@ClassicD and @romagnoli posting on the same day, my old heart can't take this. Lovely to hear from you.

There's no news regarding the demo - you would imagine they'll pull it eventually, but saying that, you can get the free myClub version of PES not long after release, so. Maybe not.

Has the PC demo been patched so that 20min sider no longer works? :(

Also unable to find opponent in matchmaking.

Now THIS demo is a TRUE reflection of the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom