PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me, that looks like a miserable way to play the game. It doesn't even look like football. To each his own though.
Ping-pong passing at it's best!
Why doesn't it look so miserable in real-life?
That's because each pass requires skills.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to translate a "football skill" into a video game.
ezgif-5-ee31c1a7e8.gif

ezgif-5-953a666e35.gif

Just a thought:
Does real footballers see what we see while playing?
We have the precise knowledge of where our teammates is, which means we can plan/string/execute our passes better(to a certain extent) than in real-life.

Real footballers only have 2 eyes. Imagine if they have a 360 eyes and have the knowledge to know the precise position of their teammates at all times.

Last edited:

Just a thought:
We have the precise knowledge of where our teammates is, which means we can plan/string/execute our passes better(to a certain extent) than in real-life.

Real footballers only have 2 eyes. Imagine if they have a 360 eyes and have the knowledge to know the precise position of their teammates at all times.

If you want to have that kind of experience, you should play BAL mode mate. And control your player in 1st person.
Otherwise football games just try to replicate the way you would watch a game on TV.

If you want to have that kind of experience, you should play BAL mode mate. And control your player in 1st person.
Otherwise football games just try to replicate the way you would watch a game on TV.
That's not my point.
My point is that we have a visual advantage over real footballers that's why we can do things better/unrealistic(like stringing touch/no look passes) to some extent.

That's not my point.
My point is that we have a visual advantage over real footballers that's why we can do things better/unrealistic(like stringing touch/no look passes) to some extent.

But you're forgetting football games have always been that way, yet they haven't always been ping-pong passing games.
This fashion started because of fucking Pep's Barcelona.
Before that we used to have first touch error, more error in passes. Etc.

You are right.
Yesterday I had to go back from manual passing to PA1 because I just haven't been enjoying the demo lately. At all. And it instantly felt smoother and more enjoyable. I had to hold myself back from stringing first time passes though which is funny because... to enjoy PES 2019 you practically have to handicap yourself.

All the more reasons to have something in-between Manual and PA1!

Man, ain't that the truth. I play with no [] COM pressure, no blind passes, no +90 degree passes/shots, no L1O, no 1-2 tsunami, no running full court...a lot of stuff u have to handicap yourself, coz it's just not there in the game to stop u from using it lol.

That's not my point.

Yea, since we play on audience view, vision isn't even a thing in football video games. The only way to have the same limitation is to play 10v10 with VR goggles (so u have to turn your head and look at blind spots).

But you're forgetting football games have always been that way, yet they haven't always been ping-pong passing games.
This fashion started because of fucking Pep's Barcelona.
Before that we used to have first touch error, more error in passes. Etc.
I have to concede that football games now are more ping-pongy, games before aren't.
But the "possibility of stringing consecutive one touch passes" from the very beginning of football existence is there.

I have to concede that football games now are more ping-pongy, games before aren't.
But the "possibility of stringing consecutive one touch passes" from the very beginning of football existence is there.

The possibility, yes. But it wasn't the order of the day.
Please show me videos in which people did that in PES 6 or in prior versions of the game.
No tiki-taka. Maybe a few 1-2s but nothing like what we've been witnessing since PES 2013 (and I loved that one).

Please show me videos in which people did that in PES 6 or in prior versions of the game.
No tiki-taka. Maybe a few 1-2s but nothing like what we've been witnessing since PES 2013 (and I loved that one).
What I mean is "possibility in real football".
If it's possible in real football but not in game, then the game is lacking.

BTW, I'm not saying the implementation of tiki-taka passing in today's video game is good.

sorry. i'm in a good mood but it was just tooooo tempting! ;)
:SMOKIN:

i'm not a fan of "over-comparison"... i dont want to start something here. its all said before...
BTW: it’s the first time I look something like this up.

lets get back to topic! i'll still buy it day on!
tonight ill have a look at the retail videos online... lets see what i can find.

Last edited:
Try to set Contrast to 75 and Brightness to 35 from the ingame settings. Play at Camp Nou at night.
We dont get that in the PS4 Pro version just a brightness screen

i'm not a fan of "over-comparison"... i dont want to start something here. its all said before...

tonight ill have a look at the retail videos online... lets see what i can find.
Oh i still have my PS2 and PES 6... might dig it out. Can you get wireless control pads?

Regarding Ping Pong it's clearly there in PES 6 always was really the difference is the game is no where near as open as current gen games. You can get from 1 end of the pitch to the other in 3 or 4 ping pong passes. Took a while for Palermo

Why doesn't it look so miserable in real-life?
That's because each pass requires skills.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to translate a "football skill" to a video game.
ezgif-5-ee31c1a7e8.gif

ezgif-5-953a666e35.gif

Just a thought:

Most football games don't look like that for 90 minutes. But if that's what you're trying to imitate, more power to you. Like I said, to each his/her own.

3 games in a row my opponent has gone to have a shit at the start of the game and isn't contolling their players ffs

Most football games don't look like that for 90 minutes. But if that's what you're trying to imitate, more power to you. Like I said, to each his/her own.
Come on man! I'm not saying, it's the best way I like to play the game.
I'm simply saying from the very beginning that the game is almost forcing me to play this way.
I love possession build-up but it just feels unnatural in PES.
Why do you need to possess the ball longer, when the opportunity of attack with consecutive touch passes are there. Game obviously needs fixing.

And by they way, how would play the situation in my GIF. Isn't passing to an open teammate the right play to do?
That's all I did, and then it looks miserable to you.

Also, I'm not saying that I like how PES implemented ping-pong passing.

Lastly, I want to see what's less miserable way to play this game.
Teach me!:)

Last edited:

BTW: it’s the first time I look something like this up.

Mate, none of those videos look unrealistic in terms of the amount of passes strung together in a row.
In fact the first video only has 3 first-time passes, and the 3 players were like 3 meters away from each other. So I don't think that counts as unrealistic. Most professional players can perform first time passes accurately at that distance.

And the second video only has 4 first-touch passes. The rest are more like receive-control-pass, and a few of them even run with the ball before passing it. I'd say it's pretty standard football to me.

Compare THAT to THIS
https://twitter.com/ID7Kun/status/1031251110831562757

I told you, I don’t want to get into this swirl... ;)
It’s all good.

BTW: I string together some first time passes with manual too. WHEN it’s needed in certain situations. It’s just a part of my build up opportunities or when the opponent is gegenpressing in my own third. Like it is in real life...

Ping-pong passing like we say is actually highest level of technique in football. I don`t have issues if some of the best teams play that way but 5 star teams, not teams like Watford, Levante, Nice etc.(no offence to anybody). Problem with this is that both Konami and EA made complete mess jumping from assisted passing to optional manual passing. I can understand really how difficult is to implement all that stuff and made stats matter when pass direction actually is your responsibility as a player and analog stick. Imagine they let direction to player and if some good passer like Iniesta, Fabregas etc. did not pass the ball precisely and other scenario, if he has good passing stats cpu will somehow assist you to pass the ball in right direction if you play manual. Now imagine how difficult is this to work like we want, FLAWLESSLY. It`s really hard to make it ok becouse other people play PA1,3 even 4. Same is the situation with Fifa, there are three options. In my opinion and wish companies need to get rid of PA and make it all manual, then focus on stats and how ball is moving when passed with different stat players. Same for shooting. People will become familiar after while and game will be much more satisfying for all...

3 games in a row my opponent has gone to have a shit at the start of the game and isn't contolling their players ffs

I had a game like that early on, didn't disconnect, just left the match after a few minutes, I still had trouble scoring as the AI was absurdly good at shielding and even dispossessing me of the ball! only managed 3-0, although I did give the guy the entire first half to get back from taking a dump if he wanted to.

I told you, I don’t want to get into this swirl... ;)
It’s all good.

BTW: I string together some first time passes with manual too. WHEN it’s needed in certain situations. It’s just a part of my build up opportunities or when the opponent is gegenpressing in my own third. Like it is in real life...

So you just passed by, dropped the bomb and then ran away? hahaha

I haven't yet had my keeper rolling the ball into the feet of an attacker. Used to be a problem last year if you wanted to get a quick throw out there. Now the keepers wisely throw the ball over any attackers.

It's alright, but next time, don't expect people not to answer to you when you are talking to them.
If you're not willing to engage in a conversation, don't start one.
Perhaps some people are a little tired of the negative brigade jumping on every post about 2019? I appreciate this is a discussion forum and that people want to discuss PES (both the good and the bad).

If you read through both this thread and the general PES 2019 news thread every time someone posts something positive about the newer game there'll be a flock of the negative nancies jumping on the post. After a while people might be a little tired of engaging in that discourse.

It's alright, but next time, don't expect people not to answer to you when you are talking to them.
If you're not willing to engage in a conversation, don't start one.
told you, its all good!
i just did what you asked for... nothing more, nothing less. i dont wanted to start a conversation. see 2142

come on, we both leave it here, cool!? :)

Perhaps some people are a little tired of the negative brigade jumping on every post about 2019? I appreciate this is a discussion forum and that people want to discuss PES (both the good and the bad).

If you read through both this thread and the general PES 2019 news thread every time someone posts something positive about the newer game there'll be a flock of the negative nancies jumping on the post. After a while people might be a little tired of engaging in that discourse.

It's not only negatives though. In fact just yesterday I posted a video a red card shown to Rakitic because I liked how the whole thing went down. And what I was saying is that you can have a different opinion, and you are entitled to express it. But when you do, you're opening yourself to debate it. You can't just say "This is what I think: Blah blah blah. But I don't want anybody replying to me". That's not how forums work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom