PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that´s just an extreme workaround, you just get ultralight floating headers out of it which mostly float over the crossbar.

It´s a bug, not more not less.
I agree! It's really weird and stupid that pressing shoot button doesn't have any reaction when marked.
Not sure what the devs are thinking!
Someone should let the devs/PR know about that bug, someone close to Adam or Asim;).
Not sure if they'd do something about it. Should be an easy fix if the want to or aware of it.

Last edited:
But that´s just an extreme workaround, you just get ultralight floating headers out of it which mostly float over the crossbar.

It´s a bug, not more not less.
???
have you ever controlled one of your teammates with RS?! ;)
get the point though...!

will try this today! i did some nice (fast paced) header in the demo. hm...

Wow guys i am currently riding a 21 game win streak on pes demo! On beta i went 21 unbeaten but this is 21 wins in a row! beats my pes 13 record of 17. Loving it

This is why i mention momentum so much, when game is released i cant win more than 2 or 3 games in a day and some just say you are making excuses for being poor but i know that is not the case

In fact can anyone on this forum now doubt how bad momentum/scripting is in PES? when you see how differently beta and this years demo play compared to released versions.

Yes, it seems like a bug. Once again the fm play is getting not enough attention. When i offer this in the football videogame, then then they had to implement it correctly or not at all. Its the same story with bal. The offers a mode which its every year the same without any changes and loveless work for this mode. So much opportunities to make this mode great, but nothing. Delete tgis shit and nobody would talk about another shitty mode. Honestly, that makes me wanna puke. They had a great game and destroy it with amateurish work on other things.

???
have you ever controlled one of your teammates with RS?! ;)
get the point though...!

will try this today! i did some nice (fast paced) header in the demo. hm...

Nt sure if i get what you mean. Emulating headers on goal with passes because of faulty implementation is the topic i wanted to address.

Wow guys i am currently riding a 21 game win streak on pes demo! On beta i went 21 unbeaten but this is 21 wins in a row! beats my pes 13 record of 17. Loving it

This is why i mention momentum so much, when game is released i cant win more than 2 or 3 games in a day and some just say you are making excuses for being poor but i know that is not the case

In fact can anyone on this forum now doubt how bad momentum/scripting is in PES? when you see how differently beta and this years demo play compared to released versions.

I am P12 W10 D1 L1 :BOP:

You need to use "though-ball" or "normal pass" for MANUAL header goals, if your player is marked. Weird but true!
But that´s just an extreme workaround, you just get ultralight floating headers out of it which mostly float over the crossbar. It´s a bug, not more not less.
Let's be brutally honest here, at the risk of sounding combative.

This is a perfect example of the excuses we make for Konami.

When someone says X or Y is broken, there's always a reason (that makes no sense) or a workaround. But it's never a "fault" - occasionally it's a "feature" - and it's why the game will always evolve so slowly.

Check out this absolutely incredible post by @Chilleverest. I've felt pretty jaded for a while now, but when you see the complexity of your input in previous games (where now every pass is perfect and every shot is a piledriver)... Frankly, it breaks my heart, as someone who spends a lot of their free time playing football games.

That's not to say I think PES 2019 is bad - nobody needs to defend their love for the game. I genuinely love to see how happy people are to play it. But making excuses for genuine issues can only hold back the game.

Last edited:
Can somebody please explain how this is an offensive foul? :CONFUSE:
Please forward to 9:40

I know the myth of Barcelona being favoured by referees, but this is too much :BLEH:
Unfortunately, it's a bad programming.
The PROGRAM considered that Busquet already have the possession of the ball then you bumped into him.:BLEH:
This has been an issue for a lot of years now.

I see Busquets make contact with the ball, which then comes off of the feet of the Palmieras player and out for a goal kick.

Nt sure if i get what you mean. Emulating headers on goal with passes because of faulty implementation is the topic i wanted to address.
yeah i know.
you said "extreme workaround"... i dont find it extreme to press a single button. moving 2 sticks and controlling 2 player at the same time is, imo!
its kinda wrong to press the pass button to do headers! sure. but i thought the word extreme was meant in regards to "finger management" on the gamepad!

yeah i know.
you said "extreme workaround"... i dont find it extreme to press a single button. moving 2 sticks and controlling 2 player at the same time is, imo!
its kinda wrong to press the pass button to do headers! sure. but i thought the word extreme was meant in regards to "finger management" on the gamepad!
Extreme is a strong word.hehe
I think he just meant why use "pass button" when your intention is to shoot, and there's a "shoot button" already.

I'm transitioning to Manual shooting this year. I finally convinced my cousin to use "Manual shooting" on our twice a week(race-to-4 win) matches.
I've been practicing manual shooting this last couple of days and got discouraged that the header shooting doesn't work properly.
However, there's no turning back now as I'm already having fun with manual shooting, aside from headers of course. I don't want my practice of manual R2 shooting go to waste:DD It's so satisfying when you score R2 goals with manual.

Last edited:
Did anyone see A Madrid v R Madrid last night? If it was a PES game people would go mad.
End to end
Backheels galore
Keeper errors in minute 1.
100 miles an hour
Both teams giving it away.

You know, I've been giving some thought to the speed thing.
I think some of us (or most of us) like/prefer a slow paced weighty game. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is what Top Clubs football is like. Any class A game is rather fast paced, because class A players usually don't keep the ball for too long, it's pass - control - pass. And also, class A players tend to be quick on their feet.
But not everybody is interested in playing as Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid, or Barcelona, or Manchester City, etc.
Some people want a slower PES because they like to play as low league teams, which inevitably will be slower in real life as well, as their first touch and ball control is rather poor compared to any of the top clubs.

I myself would slow PES 2019 down just a tiny little bit more.

Scored this yesterday night and it felt really good.
Top Player. Full manual.

Nice goal.
When you post this kind of videos, it's nice to include the real-time video and not just the replay.
Should look more satisfying in real-time.

Nice goal.
When you post this kind of videos, it's nice to include the real-time video and not just the replay.
Should look more satisfying in real-time.

Yeah mate you are right, but unfortunately I don't record every game I play! Would need endless HDD space for that :LMAO:

Yeah mate you are right, but unfortunately I don't record every game I play! Would need endless HDD space for that :LMAO:
You just need to enable to record the last "30 seconds" or so, in shadowplay.
When you score a nice goal, Just press the hotkey and your last 30 seconds will be saved.:))
Nice thing to do if you want to compile nice goals.

Last edited:
You just need enable to record the last "30 seconds" or so, in shadowplay.
When you score a nice goal, Just press the hotkey and your last 30 seconds will be saved.:))

Do you know if Bandicam has this feature too?

You just need to enable to record the last "30 seconds" or so, in shadowplay.

Really? Didn't know that.
I will have a look mate, thanks a lot.

yeah i know.

It is not about the button press itself (as you have to press one button anyway), it is that you don´t even get a header as you would expect it to score. It´s still a pass, abused to be an effort on goal.

Would you like to use the pass button as a substitution for regular shooting? I bet you won´t. Although it would work as well to a certain degree. So just imagine what "extreme" reactions the forums would show if KONAMI would accidentally forget to implement the shooting button.

Last edited:
Did anyone see A Madrid v R Madrid last night? If it was a PES game people would go mad.
End to end
Backheels galore
Keeper errors in minute 1.
100 miles an hour
Both teams giving it away.
Every time there's a game like this, someone posts "if that was PES people would say 'that wasn't realistic', they'd go mad".

How often does this happen? I'd say once every three months.

So those other 100+ top-flight games that aren't 100mph... They didn't happen? Football games should be based on 1% of top-flight football matches?

You want to buy a football game where each match is an end-to-end, 4-2 thriller? Isn't that exactly what we all pan FIFA for? It never ceases to amaze me, the stuff that PES does now but it's fine because it's PES doing it...

As @Antoine said. The problem has never been "one of the matches I played last night was 100mph and every pass was super accurate". It's that every match is like that (on PA1, i.e. by default, i.e. how 90% of people play the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom