PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does advanced through ball work? Is it much different from playing through balls on manual passing?

i rarely use use through ball - as a full manual player i find them really difficult to judge in terms of strength/direction.

PES 2016 demo had a good thru-ball system that I felt I could LEARN and SKILL UP on but then konami ruined that idea as it was nerfed in the full version.

Ever since, I do not use throughballs - although I insist that the setting is set to "Advanced".

HOWEVER, if you do what i did a couple of days ago and turn indicators on and start to use through balls, I have seen that opens up more passing options and animations in PES 2018. I am able to create chances better than when I wasn't using through balls.

Hence, why I have started a League in PES 2018 with indicators on and may be able to transfer these skills to PES 2019 online FUMA whenever I come on board.

Edit : I'd also add I unfortunately have NO idea how basic through ball differs from advanced, simply because I've never played with basic. Sorry.

I just can’t stand these circles moving around!! Dafuq. I’m not playing Wii!!
Not my thing, same as indicators and “advanced shooting” aka “I press away from goal to shoot at it”! ^^ ;)
Each his own.

there are no circles if you switch indicators off.

(...but i think i get what you are saying)

there are no circles if you switch indicators off.

(...but i think i get what you are saying)
Yeah. Even if I turn them off, it’s basically the same and I know it’s there.
Same with advanced shooting rectangle.

Wasn’t these mechanics introduced to all PES when the PES Wii Version came out (around 2014)?!

@orangebard @philla interesting, gonna give -2 a go tonight. I've been pretty contempt with default speed but that's what this demo is for - experimenting. There's moments in your video where it looks nice & weighty like PES 2014 and the shots don't look too bad but then there's other moments when the running doesn't really compliment the gamespeed at all same with the keepers diving. But I wanna feel it for myself though. Nice Vids.

i rarely use use through ball - as a full manual player i find them really difficult to judge in terms of strength/direction.

PES 2016 demo had a good thru-ball system that I felt I could LEARN and SKILL UP on but then konami ruined that idea as it was nerfed in the full version.

Ever since, I do not use throughballs - although I insist that the setting is set to "Advanced".

HOWEVER, if you do what i did a couple of days ago and turn indicators on and start to use through balls, I have seen that opens up more passing options and animations in PES 2018. I am able to create chances better than when I wasn't using through balls.

Hence, why I have started a League in PES 2018 with indicators on and may be able to transfer these skills to PES 2019 online FUMA whenever I come on board.

Edit : I'd also add I unfortunately have NO idea how basic through ball differs from advanced, simply because I've never played with basic. Sorry.
I don't use through-ball since 2016 but put it in advanced.
I thought the purpose of FUMA players in putting it in advanced is to make it pretty much useless when the indicator is off.:DD

A few days ago. I tried playing without using normal pass. I only used throughball as normal pass the whole game.
It's surprisingly good, but you need to apply more power than usual.

I also tried turning the indicators ON and has the same experience as you. It's fun passing the ball into space and there's more weight(spin) on the pass so you have more control on the distance. Depending on the situation, the receiver usually meets the ball where your "target circle" is aimed.

Last edited:
@orangebard @philla interesting, gonna give -2 a go tonight. I've been pretty contempt with default speed but that's what this demo is for - experimenting. There's moments in your video where it looks nice & weighty like PES 2014 and the shots don't look too bad but then there's other moments when the running doesn't really compliment the gamespeed at all same with the keepers diving. But I wanna feel it for myself though. Nice Vids.

Expect arial balls to be a bit too floaty, but in opinion that´s much better than having 22 pilotfish on the pitch.

Just to clarify something for me - when you mention FUMA are you passing solely by holding the manual modifier? Is it more manual than PA - off?

Before I switched to advanced through-ball I liked using it for short sharp pass as it seemed to have a more immediate pace. This is on 2018 btw.

One of the things I think makes PES PES for me is that it feels like there are some controls that are off the grid, even (through seemingly random programming) to the makers of the game! An early classic example would be super-cancel which I feel like was in the game for a number of iterations before it was ever mentioned in an instruction manual! I realised the other day that if you hold down L2(or L1, or both, I can't remember now. I'll edit this later) then it converts an advanced through-ball back to a regular one, which is good to know as I find short adv tb to make very hard to judge. Also, using low early cross anywhere on the pitch gives a nice driven pass aesthetic, but I'm sure this is common knowledge. It's a weird box of tools that konami has given us but you can sometimes create some great moments. (Please make the AI better though konami, I know you'll read this!)

Just to clarify something for me - when you mention FUMA are you passing solely by holding the manual modifier? Is it more manual than PA - off?

Before I switched to advanced through-ball I liked using it for short sharp pass as it seemed to have a more immediate pace. This is on 2018 btw.

One of the things I think makes PES PES for me is that it feels like there are some controls that are off the grid, even (through seemingly random programming) to the makers of the game! An early classic example would be super-cancel which I feel like was in the game for a number of iterations before it was ever mentioned in an instruction manual! I realised the other day that if you hold down L2(or L1, or both, I can't remember now. I'll edit this later) then it converts an advanced through-ball back to a regular one, which is good to know as I find short adv tb to make very hard to judge. Also, using low early cross anywhere on the pitch gives a nice driven pass aesthetic, but I'm sure this is common knowledge. It's a weird box of tools that konami has given us but you can sometimes create some great moments. (Please make the AI better though konami, I know you'll read this!)
reading that, i want the training ground!! NOW!! :BYE:

-2 game speed kills the passing for me. Would be nice to have slider to increase the pass speed like FIFA, when using the -1 or -2 game speed.

In FUMA, pass assist setting is PA0. It doesn't matter if you use L2 or not.
I agree with you, pressing L2 on advanced through-ball makes it a regular PA0 through ball.

I think FUMA players wanted to eliminate through-ball. Unfortunately, they can't do that since it's in the game.
I think, they want "normal pass" to be used as through-ball since it's more manual than basic throughball.

I think they also noticed that Crossing isn't manual on PA0, but they can't do anything about it.
That early cross you're talking about is assisted as f***. Try using it with a good passer.
The only way to make crossing manual is by pressing L2, but they can't force everyone to press L2 on crosses all the time.

But remember, FUMA is not jut about manual passing or shooting. Other things like "teammates control" is set to manual, auto-feint turned to OFF, and a lot of other things.

Last edited:
I don't use teammate control and I generally experiment with auto-feint before turning it off because all I seem to do is stupid roulettes when I have it on! :D

Anyway, I never play online so it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to check that when I said I played FUMA that I was getting it right. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Still very much enjoying the demo, had some great games. Unfortunately I have also played some of the worst kind of ping pong full assist spammers I have ever played. I play on PA1 and feel there is a nice balance there, I don't need the hassle of being perfect every time with full manual when I want to just have fun but PA1 seems the right level for me. Playing against PA2 or PA3 online, I dont understand how Konami allow it. I get they want anyone to be able to pick up and play but the competitive side of the game, ie, the online, shouldn't be catering to that. If someone wants to be good online then having a mode where you can first time pass all the way down the field with zero error is counter intuitive. It seems Konami caters for the exploiters and the spammers more than it does for those of us who just want a decent game of football and that I don't understand..

That said, when you play someone who isn't a cheap exploiter the game feels incredible. Can't wait for release day, at least then I can just start blocking the ping pongers once I have played them like last year.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2019_Screenshot_2018.08.15_-_14.32.25.36.png

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2019_Screenshot_2018.08.15_-_14.33.18.40.png

Damn! The gameplay graphics is so good now.
The only difference from the REPLAY is the 3D grass(and little bit in lighting).

I don't think we'll have 3d grass on free/goal/corner/penalty kicks with the current gen of consoles.
I think the Devs targeted minumum 60fps on gameplay and adding a 3D grass will sure make the framerate below that.
On replays, minimum 30fps is fine that's why we see some 3D grass.
The other game can do it but of course they're using a different engine.

I'm very sure on Playstation 5, we'll finally see some 3D grasses on kicks.

I just can’t stand these circles moving around!! Dafuq. I’m not playing Wii!!
Not my thing, same as indicators and “advanced shooting” aka “I press away from goal to shoot at it”! ^^ ;)
Each his own.
You can turn directional guide off.

On full manual with manual buttun the ball goes in the direction you are pointing - completely manual it isnt the same as PA0. Try it with arrows on first to show you on screen ..in 18 when i absolutely needed to score i used manual with button and 3/4 power - keeper hardly ever saved it - same applies with passing

I honestly can't give my impressions of this years demo yet, but I often find myself playing for a few hours straight without the feeling of "this aint right"... YES, the keepers need to be more active in the small box, etc.

If it wasn't for our amazing PC modding community, I wouldn't have been playing the demo for more than 5 hours tops! 5 min games is retarded AF.

I honestly can't give my impressions of this years demo yet, but I often find myself playing for a few hours straight without the feeling of "this aint right"... YES, the keepers need to be more active in the small box, etc.

If it wasn't for our amazing PC modding community, I wouldn't have been playing the demo for more than 5 hours tops! 5 min games is retarded AF.

I give up on the demo due to the 5 minute games...Game looks so much better and plays good, roll on release

First impressions of this ... I love it.

more I play, the more cracks appear ... I am also a little bored already. It still hasnt got that ' magic ' of the old PES games like 3 and 5.

whats missing? I cant put finger on it. game feels ... I dont know. Lifeless.

maybe because its demo and short halves so wont write it off BUT worried now.

very worried.

more I play, the more cracks appear ... I am also a little bored already. It still hasnt got that ' magic ' of the old PES games like 3 and 5.

very worried.

No game can make me feel like like I did 20 years ago.
It’s called growing up unfortunately
Stop looking for that feeling - it don’t exist anymore

Someone handle the manual headers with airbattle against defenders? 90% of these i lost and when i get the chance and win the duel the ball goes wide over the bar like a balloon...

very worried.

Because magical moments are never far away in modern pes. The difference between players ability on the pitch is minimal, due to modern games needing to impress instantly. i.e. very little learning curve, online, youtuber's etc.

Not even close. PES 2019 five minute buggy demo is better than that.

:LOL: PES 2013 s a game before its time!

I agree with Klash here. PES 2013 is the best football game along with FIFA 16, for me.
I can't figure out what happened to both companies after each of those games. The cards were on the table, the best football games in history were possible after that. But...

Yes, although i hate FIFA 16 because it has no tactics whatsoever. OFFTOPIC!!!!! SORRRY !!!

TBH I've enjoyed online play on PES 2019, although it's harder to use smaller teams on 1 Bar than it is on 3 bars becuase they don't have that ping pong pass equaliser. Interesting this is. I mean I haven't even bothered with 3 bars but I've seen this Brazilian guy on a stream bat guys with Santos and Flamengo using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom