PES 2011 Video Thread

Here are a few goals I have scored in the last couple of weeks that I recorded for different reasons. Julio Baptista's at 2.31 mins highlights the use of R2 as a body-feint perfectly. In fact, it's a double-tap of R2 here, the first opens up his body to let the ball run through, the second he steps over the ball to keep the momentum of the pass moving, and then a great finish into the bottom bag. Like I have said before, this R2 is very subtle, but very effective, and that goal was a great example. Also, the last goal by Pellissier was a R2 Finesse Shot. Beautiful. For those who questioned the ability to drive a long shot low for distance, Suarez answers that question. :)

YouTube - Nice Strike Sir

One last video that captures my 5 favourite online matches. A mixture of MLO matches and Exhibition matches against guys from PEEL. All of them great games, and all with great goals.

1. Boca 4-1 Not sure of the team.(MLO)

A nice lobbed goal from Jeda and a nice dink, with a great long-range low drive from Suarez that caught the keeper unsighted due to the defender in front. I love that one as once again it demonstrates zero keeper-scripting, his vision is obscured and he doesnt react till it's too late. The consolation goal from my opponent was a screamer as well.

2. Chievo 4-2 River Plate

This was an Exhibition match against a guy from PEEL. Another superb game with a fantastic range of goals. The pick being a long-range screamer from the left peg of Constant. It reminded me of Gio van Bronckhorst's in the World Cup, it definately stayed hit.

3. Chievo 4-2 Werder Bremen

Another Exhibition game against another PEELer. I only managed to record my goals as the time ran out. Werder scored two nice goals in the last 10 minutes. The first time lob from Pellissier for the first was sublime. A nice passing move and drilled left foot finish for the 2nd, then two R2 Finesse Shots for goals 3 and 4.

4. Chievo 3-3 Chelsea

An online Exhibition against some random dude. There are two R2 Finesse Shot goals in this one as well. Gutted I conceded in the last minutes, but great game and superb goals.

5. Boca 2-3 ?(MLO Div2 Team)

Two brilliant strikes from Wright-Phillips and Arteta put me 2-0 down early doors, and I feared the floodgates would open. A stunning strike from Suarez pulled one back for Boca, and then an inch-perfect throughball from Vukojevic finds Djemsav who cheekily beats the keeper with a R1 Dink shot on the half-volley. This is probably my favourite finish yet due to the quickness of the thinking to even attempt that type of shot, very instinctive and something I would probably attempt in real-life. Boca very nearly complete the comeback but D'Agostini see's his cracking shot smash off the angle. My opponent then grabs the victory in the final minutes with a snap-shot from Gignac to break the Boca fans hearts. Great game though, stunning.

YouTube - Take a bow lads

I love this game. :)

Last edited:
Nice videos Jimmy :) Some fantastic goals, love the chips - I've only scored two in total on PES 2011. The R1 dink is great though, I use that very often, players with the 1-on-1 finish card can pull off some sublime finishes with it (and the R2 controlled shot).

I posted these in the discussion thread but may as well post them here too;

YouTube - PES 2011 Online - Srna free kick

YouTube - PES 2011 Online - Another Srna free kick

YouTube - PES 2011 Online - D'Agostino header

YouTube - PES 2011 Online - Olic belter

:)

I didn't record the video, Tim did, I just posted it here (I thought he would have already! :P) so I'm not sure what TV he's using.

I have a 20' Philips TV, yeah I know that sucks but it's HD and I don't sit far away from it so it does the job, would be nice to have a bigger TV though.

:LOL: Thanks for that Rob :DD. I couldn't believe it when it went in! Especially after the game before I scored that rocket off the post!

Simcut, I've got a 50" LG Plasma TV, and recorded using my iPhone 4 :)).

Ah right, I use a Sony Bravia HDTV but its crap for PS3, I get shit fps on replays and cinematics and the game just doesnt feel great for me :/ you on a ps3 slim or a fat bugger? :)

wow that goal by Andr3 is crazy!!

@simcut.. the PS3 graphics are worse than PC/XBox, so i don't think a different setup is going to change that for ya :/

Nice goals fella's :) It's funny that most of the goals I score on PES are worth making it to a compilation, whereas on FIFA I would have to discard 75% of the goals lol.

Quick question - can I save replay files from my xbox to USB stick then email them to someone so they can load them on their xbox and record them with a capture card? My phone camera resolution is garbage...might have to borrow my brother in law's HD camera ;)

Also - is it just me or do the replays play at a slower speed than normal in game highlights? Anyway to get them at normal speed when replaying them?

wm078 - nice goals mate! i should have brought salt n vinegar with me with all those chips in there haha.

i cant get the knack of the chip shot just yet but you have it down pat i can see. great work. is that mainly offline?

YouTube - PES 2011 Goals Montage - Xbox 360 - HD!

Montage of the best goals I've scored on PES 2011 thus far :)

Nice goals mate. What kind of phone did you use to record this video? I am getting a new phone soon and hope to put together a nice little montage of goals. I notice you used a transition between each goal...is that because the replay video stops as soon as the ball hits the net? I wish they'd give an extra second of time on that lol.

Do people like the slower motion that the replays play at or do they prefer the full speed?

Sweet, when I get round to it I'm gonna post some of my best goals to this. It's odd, but generally routine goals also look cool sometimes in this game purely because how realistic the game makes them look. But the goals posted above are amazing.

Quick question if Jimmy's reading at some point, but one of the goals you posted at the top of the page, I think the second or third goal, where you dribble for ages before scoring, how did you do that?! Using R2? Even on Professional level, I can't do that. The players just run in and take it off me without hesitation. I dunno, R2 seems to make them simply travel too slow sometimes for me.

Also, what game speed do you play on? I'm asking because I'm starting to muck around with different speeds, seeing if it's easier or not if I bump the speed up to -1 (I've always gone -2 but sometimes find everything a bit too sluggish like this).

Cheers

I play on 15 minute games at the default '0' speed, I feel it's the most balanced overall. And I was dribbling with R2. I dont keep it pressed down though, it's more subtle little touches combined the relevant direction on the left stick/D-Pad. The dribbling is very difficult to master, but realistic for it.

Last edited:
I play on 15 minute games at the default '0' speed, I feel it's the most balanced overall. And I was dribbling with R2. I dont keep it pressed down though, it's more subtle little touches combined the relevant direction on the left stick/D-Pad. The dribbling is very difficult to master, but realistic for it.

Ahh, I think I see now. So you can maintain the general dribble speed, then use R2 when you take a touch of the ball that changes direction for example. I think I also tend to dribble too close to the defenders, almost trying to tease them into sticking out a foot before making a move. I don't think this method works too well in video games, your dribbling in that particular goal seems to see you changing direction before a challenge is committed. I'll give that a go too.

Cheers dude!

Back
Top Bottom