PES 2011 Video Thread

Ok guys - here is another little compilation. A few offline goals to kick it off then some MLO goals. Excuse the cheesy royalty free music once again haha. Only uploaded it 2 hours ago to youtube so I'm not sure if the HD video has been processed yet. Hopefully it looks ok quality wise (all captured and edited with the iPhone).

YouTube - PES 2011 goals

Great videos guys :) Loads of very well worked goals.

I've filled up all of my save slots for replays... Would anyone watch a compilation video? Thinking I might make one tomorrow.

Not sure whether to chuck in my old (already uploaded individually) goals as well, might end up being fairly long if I did!

I'd definitely watch it, I watch all of them lol

That's the problem I face aswell, I'd like to do more, show more angles etc but 9mins with just the one angle is long enough anyway.

Great videos guys :) Loads of very well worked goals.

I've filled up all of my save slots for replays... Would anyone watch a compilation video? Thinking I might make one tomorrow.

Not sure whether to chuck in my old (already uploaded individually) goals as well, might end up being fairly long if I did!

Do it mate...the more the better lol

Cool, hope you enjoy it guys :).

YouTube - PES 2011 MLO Compilation.avi

Sorry about the quality - I have a rubbish TV and filmed it with a digital camera :P.

Thanks for taking the time to make that video. Was great. Some real spanking goals there and some nice variety too. The free kicks from Murphy and a couple of the curled shots (Keane hit a couple) were especially tasty.

God bless this game lol

Some great goals posted on here!

Just scored this beauty, Rooney waits, beats his man, flicks the ball in the air which wrongfoots a number of players, then side foots it into the net.

YouTube - 3

The second one, Ozil gets a cut back pass before spinning on the spot and totally surprising the keeper with a blasted shot straight over his head.

YouTube - 1

Thanks for taking the time to make that video. Was great. Some real spanking goals there and some nice variety too. The free kicks from Murphy and a couple of the curled shots (Keane hit a couple) were especially tasty.

God bless this game lol
Thanks, nice to hear that you liked it :).

A few notes on most of the goals;

0:17 Macco - Manual pass used to shoot.
0:28 Minanda - Super cancel used to meet the ball and powerfully head it in.
0:57 Khlosneri - Last kick of the game to win :).
1:24 Murphy - Looked kind of like Beckham's v Madrid
1:46 Murphy - Free kick perfection? :P
1:59 Cahill - Love how it clips the bar! :)
2:06 Mphela - One of my faves, turned out just as intended :).
3:07 Vukojevic - Last kick to win, great hit by someone poor at shooting!
3:22 Luis Garcia - Trick goes against the defender's momentum and completely skins him.
3:42 Johnson - Debut goal to win 2-1.
3:54 Kranjcar - Just a rocket! :CONFUSE:
4:07 Nene - Another FK close to perfection!
4:19 Iaquinta - Keeper had no chance even at his near post!
4:29 Berbatov - Shows what to do to wait for support in the box, and how taking chesting volleying is worthwhile if you have the space (first time effort probably wouldn't have gone in).
4:40 Keane - Good ball, and then a shot fake followed by a sublime controlled finish.
5:06 Keane - Flat-footed keeper makes it look very nice imo :) Also a super cancel first touch.
5:13 Berbatov - Nice little dink over the onrushing keeper.
5:22 Berbatov - Shows how flicking on crosses can be effective, good volleyed finish.
5:32 Cahill - Just a neat goal IMO, the chest control from the keeper kick, the nicely weighted pass, then the change of direction which takes out two defenders, then the side-footed finish :).
6:00 Iaquinta - R2 dribbling owns the defender, then he hits a sweet low drive into the far corner.
6:06 Berbatov - Berbatov being Berbatov, smart finish. Last min winner too!
6:12 Iaquinta - Nice ball to switch sides, Luis Garcia controls the ball and beats the defender, then whips in a cross which Iaquinta nods in. Happened exactly as planned!
6:52 Keane - Pires rolls back the years with a surging run, Keane finishes it off.
7:06 Keane - Nice turn to find some space to shoot, then an emphatic finish!
7:12 Pires - Great off-the-ball run, pinpoint early cross and a neat finish.
7:43 Nene - Another flick-on from a cross, love using these!
7:55 Kranjcar - 40 yard diagonal ball controlled with the head followed by a powerful finish.
8:05 Berbatov - Absolutely deadly cross by Mathieu, the header was even mishit and he still couldn't miss!
8:12 Owen - Decent diagonal ball (got cut out of replay), brilliant inswinging cross by Nene puts the goal on a plate for Owen.
8:42 Nene - Classy chip. Wonderful finish.
8:53 Keane - Super cancel first touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to watch this Rob, I just cant at work or on my Iphone as 3G is terrible. I never feel like going on my laptop when I finish work either, but I will tonight, especially after your list. :)

Hope you like it :).

Just watched it again myself - If the video makes me look like a mindless forward-passer, this isn't the case! :P
Just remember, these are goals, the final injection of pace in the move - a lot of the goals were preceded by a period of possession before I saw the opportunity to go forward.

Watched it again Rob, checking against your notes lol. The manual pass goal was interesting. Do you find it more accurate than a placed shot in those 1 on 1's?

Also, I understand the concept of super cancel but how do YOU use it? Does your player stop dead and you take control of his movement so you can make him run onto the ball etc?

And with your free kicks, you aim between the head of the defenders do you? Were they using the down arrow plus left after the shot was powered? It seemed too quick to be one of those free kicks where you also hold down the pass button ("A").

Also I was playing around with the Chip shot curler that players like Del Piero can do. Has anyone scored goals like this? Where you run parallel to the goal and do the lob shot but it gives it a lot of sidespin (doesn't necessarily have a lot of swerve though).

That's one place I'm hoping they tweak the ball physics. Just to have some natural swerve, curl and dip. I'd accept the cheesy animations for placed shots if I could get some bend on the ball! haha. Maybe they can do it like free kicks where you hold left or right (or up/down for dip) to get some swerve after the power bar is on screen.

Watched it again Rob, checking against your notes lol. The manual pass goal was interesting. Do you find it more accurate than a placed shot in those 1 on 1's?
It's actually quite difficult to perform - the only reason I tried it was because Macco would have almost certainly screwed up the finish had I tried a normal shot :P I've scored a few more of them but I rarely try it now with the quality of finishers my MLO side now has!

Also, I understand the concept of super cancel but how do YOU use it? Does your player stop dead and you take control of his movement so you can make him run onto the ball etc?
Super cancel basically just takes the player off his "rails" and allows you to move them around freely.

For example if you play a pass and your player is waiting for the ball to arrive at their feet, or they're letting the ball run, you can change their direction so you can take the ball earlier or at a different angle. On lobbed passes your player will take the ball out of the air, controlling it with their head or chest if you super cancel into the ball.

Also helps to take the ball in your stride rather than having to stop, control the ball and turn, there's loads of other uses as well, you can use it defensively to "manually" tackle and make interceptions.

Hard to explain really, I use it so much that it just comes naturally.

And with your free kicks, you aim between the head of the defenders do you? Were they using the down arrow plus left after the shot was powered? It seemed too quick to be one of those free kicks where you also hold down the pass button ("A").
They were done by just holding the direction I want the ball to curl, no power modifiers. I hate those weak free kicks, they look stupid IMO. I aim differently depending on the player and distance, you have to try and gauge how much the ball will curl. I am pretty crap at FKs though, but they tend to look quite good when they do go in!

Also I was playing around with the Chip shot curler that players like Del Piero can do. Has anyone scored goals like this? Where you run parallel to the goal and do the lob shot but it gives it a lot of sidespin (doesn't necessarily have a lot of swerve though).

That's one place I'm hoping they tweak the ball physics. Just to have some natural swerve, curl and dip. I'd accept the cheesy animations for placed shots if I could get some bend on the ball! haha. Maybe they can do it like free kicks where you hold left or right (or up/down for dip) to get some swerve after the power bar is on screen.
I'd forgotten about that curled shot that only certain players can do - I remember Rooney and Henry being able to do it on PES5/6.

I also hate the lack of curl on shots, and some of the ball physics in general, needs improvement.

Thanks Rob ;)
Was showing my young cousins a couple of FIFA compilations on youtube last night. I look at the shooting animations and curling shots and wish they were in PES. Most other things in PES kill FIFA but the "look" of the shot and the ball trajectory don't do the game justice very often IMO.

There is one nice animation I've found that looks quite nice in PES though. When you have a striker trying to hit a first time placed shot and the ball is slightly behind him and he tries to dig it out on a half volley with the side foot.

Very nice! Good to see you actually finished it with a goal too :)

I have seen some players do it randomly but not beat their player. It gets intercepted. Not sure if I even pressed anything like you did. I have tried the R2 and backwards thing in training but haven't been able to do the flick like that.

Ok guys - just wanted to post 4 recent goals I scored rather than doing a compilation like last time.

Khedira long range screamer (Top player Germany V Austria). Notice the late subtle swerve to bring the ball inside the post.

YouTube - Khedira long range screamer on PES 2011

Xabi Alonso chests it beautifully to his advantage and a nice shooting animation to finish a Spanish move vs Argentina, playing against my mate.

YouTube - Xabi Alonso great finish PES 2011

Cameron Watson from my Adelaide United team in Master League (Professional)

YouTube - Watson powerful shot

Finally, Andwele Slory from my Adelaide United team in Master League (Professional)

YouTube - Slory goal PES 2011

Thanks - I noticed that too haha. It's halfway through my first master league season. And I created the stadium myself. I'm hoping it fills out once we climb out of the bottom 5 haha

Back
Top Bottom