Modern Warfare 2

I finished the story last night and it was all brilliant

Its more like a film with you playing and being involved in everything from going in to getting away in some very good and well put together ways and there are a few twists and turns too which makes it even better :)
Is the single player longer than MW1?

Just been to Game near work and pre-ordered a copy. Couldn't see any leaflets about the trade in, though will have a look at the one in Bluewater over the weekend for one...
And if that wasn't good enough, the little sort serving me was quite flirty - when she asked to confirm my mobile number for the order she told me I'd be getting a call tonight (not that I expect it to happen, but hey) - beats the old days of being served by a stony faced sasquatch!

Just been to Game near work and pre-ordered a copy. Couldn't see any leaflets about the trade in, though will have a look at the one in Bluewater over the weekend for one...
And if that wasn't good enough, the little sort serving me was quite flirty - when she asked to confirm my mobile number for the order she told me I'd be getting a call tonight (not that I expect it to happen, but hey) - beats the old days of being served by a stony faced sasquatch!

:LOL:

Let us know if you do ;)

Is the single player longer than MW1?

It may be shorter, it definitely didn't last long that's for sure but with how much they have put in with story twist and all the details and surroundings you cant be moaning about how short it is because its very very good

Where was this?! Bluewater or Dartford?! I'll be there!

Yeah the single player campaign is only 6-8 hours long.

There's also Special Ops mode, and of course Multiplayer - the jewel in the crown.

It may be shorter, it definitely didn't last long that's for sure but with how much they have put in with story twist and all the details and surroundings you cant be moaning about how short it is because its very very good

Well good thing its cheap to get because imo paying £40+ for a 6-8hour game is like pissing on two £20 notes.

MP doesnt interest me either as run and gun on a 8v8 lagfested match where the host has a clear advantage over everyone with a ping of 0 is bullshit for me.

This is a rent title at best hehe

Well good thing its cheap to get because imo paying £40+ for a 6-8hour game is like pissing on two £20 notes.

MP doesnt interest me either as run and gun on a 8v8 lagfested match where the host has a clear advantage over everyone with a ping of 0 is bullshit for me.

This is a rent title at best hehe

Special Ops is mostly Single Player, too. Decent addition.

Does special ops have a storyline or is it just some sort of mission by mission mode that can be done via coop?

i only play SP mode when their is a decent storyline that goes with it

I think Special Ops is do certain objectives in a time limit/no health lost/kill x bad guys etc.

I agree that the price tag is purely based on the reputation of the game and how big it's going to be in multiplayer. If it was a single player only game, then it would be a hell of a outlay for 8 hours work.

GTA IV : TBOGT is around 10 - 12 hours, and that's a DLC. Saying that, MW2 will no doubt still pick up the Game of the Year award. No doubt mainly because of it's multiplayer content, though. :LOL:

Me and my mates was on Specials Ops last night for a considerable amount of time

you have to earn Stars to unlock the next levels and you only get 1 star for easy so that isn't enough so we went on Veteran for 3 and it is awesome

One took us 35 minutes (est completion time was 5) and that was to clear just 5 waves of people and vehicles but after 2 we got pushed in and ended up having to hide behind counters in the diner :LOL: God knows how you would do any of these alone

The single player side is worth £40 imo as it is just like a film you play in and has alot of surprises with you involved and some great twists in the story. Its the best single player game i have played in a long time, its even just watchable as some games are without getting bored

If you dont get this your missing out on what could be GOTY, simple as that really

Oh and its £40 here where i ordered

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58724-modern-warfare-2-(call-of-duty)--for-x360

Me neither. My point being, it would take a hell of a game to knock Uncharted 2 from being GOTY.

I'll be buying MW2 regardless of how much it is or how long it lasts. But £55 (in some places) is a lot of money to pay out for 6-8 hours worth of single player gaming, which is why I mentioned the Special Ops. Thankfully Coopz has put my mind at rest even further on that one.

No one has mentioned anything about the infamous airport level. Is it really that disturbing?

Yes, it's an airport level where your aim is to kill civilians. You can actually select to skip the level should you not wish to take part in it.

It does, however, contribute to the story.

Me and my mates was on Specials Ops last night for a considerable amount of time

you have to earn Stars to unlock the next levels and you only get 1 star for easy so that isn't enough so we went on Veteran for 3 and it is awesome

One took us 35 minutes (est completion time was 5) and that was to clear just 5 waves of people and vehicles but after 2 we got pushed in and ended up having to hide behind counters in the diner :LOL: God knows how you would do any of these alone

The single player side is worth £40 imo as it is just like a film you play in and has alot of surprises with you involved and some great twists in the story. Its the best single player game i have played in a long time, its even just watchable as some games are without getting bored

If you dont get this your missing out on what could be GOTY, simple as that really

Oh and its £40 here where i ordered

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58724-modern-warfare-2-(call-of-duty)--for-x360

coopz your gonna get bannend dude....

No one has mentioned anything about the infamous airport level. Is it really that disturbing?

Its not disturbing in this day and age but it was a shock because i never knew it was coming and have never seen anything like it

Some levels are just amazing, how it all blends in with its fast paced action with unexpected happenings till you have escaped or done your deeds (i could go on put it will spoil it, but you will know what i mean on the 10th)

And as for GOTY Uncharted 2 would beat its single player just for its longevity but i doubt it can beat the story, action and presentation of MW2, its just the length that lets it down but when you play it you will realise it would have took a hell of alot (and probably a bigger format of disk) to keep it going for longer with all the stuff that's in it so you have to appreciate it for what it is

The multi-player of COD turns me into one of "them", briefly.

SF IV online: No problem; It's a fighting game, i'm playing with old school arcade players i can relate to.

Pro Evo (when i used to play it): Same, "real" people if you will who are sat with a few mates and ales on a weekend ready for a blast online.

COD starts to turn me though, it makes me say stuff like. "Pwned", i know what a camper is and even what a "noob" tube is.

MW2 is going to be the final nail in the coffin for me now. I'll get a clan-tag, have my favourite gun and even start to plan proper "army tactics" if my mates are on the game. Doomed.

I'll get a clan-tag, have my favourite gun and even start to plan proper "army tactics" if my mates are on the game. Doomed.

:LOL:

Sounds like me and my mates

They are all very excited about it and 4 of us have seen the joys of it already, the multiplayer side is awesome and very configurable now as well.

Heres what you can get in killsteaks, AC-130 at 11 kills is the one for me :)

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/killstreaks/

he means you will get banned from xbox live. surely you need to be logged in to game on coop mode on this game?

2 player split screen for Special Ops and 4 player split screen for free for all and deatchmatch ect

The airport level is probably the weakest in the game.

The first snow, first favela, log cabin and the last are the best IMO

I personally wouldnt do this, but...

Littlewoods are selling it for £55 but is you use the code ZQ266 it gives you a £25 discount on all orders over £50

Obviously you need to sign up for a littlewoods account and then use the code at the checkout.

Says on their checkout page 'Delivery for the 10th November'.

Personally, I dont know if they'd get it to you for release date, but if so, might be a nice saving for some.

Back
Top Bottom