Modern Warfare 2

Team deathmatch on COD MW2... I cannot wait!

As long as it's hardcore! That's how this game should be played.
I'm not very good at the game at all but having all those red dots show up when people shoot is a load of tosh imo.
Not very realistic at all.

yeah it has to be Hardcore

Juggernaut is just fucking stupid in the normal modes

Game have just announced some new MW2 accessories.

The throat mic for the 360 looks quite smart:

343404ps_500h.jpg

When will other devs start implementing fully destructible enviornments? if this game had that it would make it 10 times better

The arse with host migration is if no one can handle the game of what 10 vs 10 with their connection everyone usually get's booted out of the game.

I hope there is some kind of fair ranking system on line with the next lot, not just pick your own, I'm always just a dip in and out guy, it gets annoying when you come up against kids who are virtually wired to their consoles just charging around picking you off with super weapons and armour...

You don't get extra armour or weapons that are much better than the ones open at the start on COD

Your using my excuse, when people are just better at it than me they must be cheating :LOL:

For me it was the perks that put me off COD4. As I started playing it late I found everyone had juggernaut or the martyr shit or those ones that make your bullets penetrate more and your aim is more steady.

You don't get extra armour or weapons that are much better than the ones open at the start on COD

Your using my excuse, when people are just better at it than me they must be cheating :LOL:

:LOL: Everyones better than me, I think I play weird, I play like you would in real life, I try to avoid getting shot period.
I try to stay alive too much while everyone is charging round like fearless chickens shooting and getting shot I like to sneak around and pick my kills.
I always end up with crap scores but hardly any deaths, there needs to be a game where if you get shot you get a 20.000 volt off your pad... :P

For me it was the perks that put me off COD4. As I started playing it late I found everyone had juggernaut or the martyr shit or those ones that make your bullets penetrate more and your aim is more steady.

Like Coopz says play hardcore. I play COD4 regularly but strictly hardcore only.

I hate how on softcore your bullets come up on the radar everytime you shoot unless you have a silencer. I'm almost always a sniper and they have no silencers so I get rumbled everytime I kill someone...not to mention the kill cam!

Hardcore is so much better and is where the proper action takes place.

New 'MW2' multiplayer details revealed

Classes, maps and killstreaks have been revealed for Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer.

One of the new classes will be Riot Control, which will give the player a riot shield and a duel-wielding pair of SMG as the secondary weapon, according to Kotaku. The class can be used to draw fire away from other teammates.

The First Recon class provides a FAMAS and hand-cannon as weapon choices. It has been confirmed that there will also be Grenadier, Sniper Scout and Overwatch.

For custom classes, players are no longer restricted to a pistol as their secondary weapon, allowing them to choose from rifles to rocket launchers.

Killstreaks such as the UAV, AC-130 gunship, sentry guns and predator missiles have been revealed. The UAV and gunships can be shot down by opposing players.

The UAV will also introduce a 'Care Package' dropped into the map, which could provide anything from ammunition to a Killstreak, allowing less experienced players to have the chance to control gunships without having the kills beforehand.

Another balancing feature will be Deathstreaks, which will give benefits to less skilled players. These will include Copycat, allowing the dying player to mimic the killer's class and weapons for one round, and Painkiller, which provides additional health.

Every kill will also display a 'Call Sign', showing the player name and rank on the dying player's screen. It can be customised with a unique background and image.

Three maps to be included in the final game include the office rooptop area Highrise, the Rio de Janiero-based Favela, and the sand-filled Afghan.

Screenshots and videos of the new multiplayer features can be seen on Level Up here.

Modern Warfare 2 will be released on November 10 for 360, PS3 and PC.

550w_gaming_modern_warfare_multiplayer_1.jpg

550w_gaming_modern_warfare_multiplayer_2.jpg

550w_gaming_modern_warfare_multiplayer_3.jpg

550w_gaming_modern_warfare_multiplayer_4.jpg

* Customizable Kill Streaks. Possibly the most anticipated new feature is a pretty darn cool one. You now unlock kill streaks as you rank up, and though you can still only take three into a match with you at one time, you can at least have some control over how many kills you need to rack up to use them. Some of the kill streak rewards require three, four, five, six, seven, nine kills… In addition to old favorites like the UAV, there are things like a care package that's parachuted in and grants you a random upgrade; stationary sentry guns you can put down to beef up defenses, especially in objective-based games; and of course the AC130 gunship, which requires 11 kills to use (and which, consequently, I did not see). Best of all, it seems like kill streaks stack, since I was able to use my five-kill Predator missile, then immediately activate the four-kill care package right afterwards.

* Death Streaks. Death streaks? Yes, you will now be rewarded for dying too many times in a row, in an effort to prevent frustration for those just getting into Modern Warfare 2. The only two in the demo I played were Painkiller, which starts you with a triple health boost after you're killed three times without making any kills of your own, and Copycat, which lets you use the loadout and perks of the last guy who killed you for one life.

* Secondary Weapons Replace Pistols. No more piddly sidearms. Well, not quite true; pistols are still in there if you want them, but you can pass up the lo' Desert Eagle in favor of tactical shotguns, automatic machine pistols, and other nice gear to augment your primary rifle. All these secondary weapons can take attachments just like the primaries can, so if you want to throw a suppressor or digital camo on your shotgun, more power to ya.

* Fancy New Equipment Instead of Grenades. Toss out your frag grenades, if you want, and replace them with some nifty gear that serves a variety of other purposes. Perhaps you would prefer Semtex timed sticky explosives? How about some throwing knives? The most abstract but perhaps coolest piece of equipment I saw was the tactical insertion, which looks like a typical flare when you throw it down. In practice, it acts as a mobile, single-use spawn point, so anytime you're moving into a heated area, throw one down and that's where you'll restart if you die.

* Experience Boosts Galore. It seems like you get experience point bonuses for doing damn near anything in the new game. I'm not just talking headshots; any stylish or meaningful kill is going to give you some kind of experience boost. Kill a guy just before he's about to get a kill streak? Bonus. Take out the guy who just killed you? Bonus. Get the last kill in a match? Bonus. IW says the leveling (which now caps at level 70) has been tweaked to take the faster accumulation of points into account, and you'll get something gameplay-related for prestiging this time around. They aren't saying what, though.

* Callsigns. Infinity Ward has been playing a lot of Street Fighter IV. The title and emblem system from that game is reproduced almost exactly here, with dozens upon dozens of descriptive phrases you can unlock and slap on your profile to give other players a sense of exactly how you've been putting it down online. The titles and emblems you can get will correspond to your behaviors, so if you spend a lot of time camping or you rack up a ton of melee kills, everyone will know it. The titles I saw in this demo version

Back
Top Bottom