Modern Warfare 2

jaygrim

TheAllSeeingEye
26 July 2005
Everywhere.
Man Utd
Infinity Ward community chief Robert Bowling has let slip that a Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare sequel is in development.

Speaking on his blog, Bowling Twittered that voice-overs for "Modern Warfare 2" have already been recorded.

"Reviewing some radio-chatter VO we just finished recording for Modern Warfare 2 today. 'Cujo Two-One this is Vulture, solid copy on all,'" said Bowling.

That's the first we've heard of a Modern Warfare sequel, despite Activision quite openly planning more instalments in the Call of Duty franchise.

This fits with the alternating Call of Duty development cycle between Infinity Ward and Treyarch, too - the latter having delivered Call of Duty: World at War last year.

We've asked Activision for clarification, but we don't expect to hear more for a while.

There's no other information at the moment, but we'd be surprised to see a Christmas period without a Call of Duty game.

Re: Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2

Woot, Infinity Ward for the win!

I'll be getting this if they can manage to top the last game.

Must buy for me, bring on November. [I hope!!]

Set a bit more into the future isn't it?

I hope it's not like Battlefield 2142.

Present day ftw.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 info leaked?
Now-banned play tester supposedly spills the beans...

Below is the rumored list of details for Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

They were apparently slapped up on IW's twitter page by a play tester, who's now banned and deleted - which could say alot about their legitimacy. There's loads in there, from guns you'll be seeing again to new multiplayer game modes. It looks quite credible, if you ask us.

The game's supposedly due out this November, according to the 'leak'.

Check it out below:

* Vehicles will be in MW2
* M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
* Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
* M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
* Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
* There are more unknown weapons that will not return
* New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
* New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
* New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
* Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
* Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return
* Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
* Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)
* Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1's campaign)
* All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
* All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
* New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy's Intel)
* New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
* Solider customization for each class (and each country)
* Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
* There are NO bots in local multiplayer
* Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
* NO guest players online, 1 player per console
* Killcam save feature
* There is blood and gore
* Offline/Online Co-op
* Story takes place in the Middle East
* Role as US marines return
* Ken Lally voice work in campaign
* Release is set for sometime in November
* New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
* Campaign-only weapons

Liking the sound of this, if it is legitimate!!! :D

Activision has confirmed that Modern Warfare 2 will launch worldwide on 10th November this year, and seems to have confirmed that it will no longer carry the "Call of Duty" name.

The press release establishing the date - following on from the GDC teaser trailer that originally announced it - studiously avoids referring to the game as "Call of Duty".

"Modern Warfare has taken on such a life of its own, it has become our focus now," an Activision US representative told GameSpot. Activision UK said it had nothing to add to the US response.

The release also said that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - the first Infinity Ward game in what now appears to be a spin-off series - has sold more than 12 million units worldwide based on figures from NPD and GfK/Chart-Track.

If Modern Warfare is now its own series, the expectation is that Call of Duty will continue to play out in the hands of Infinity Ward's stablemate Treyarch, which developed last year's phenomenally successful and warmly received World at War.

Treyarch aren't half as bad as people make them out to be, I enjoyed COD5 a lot since the game was just like COD4 but just a different setting and a few tweaks which I found a step up. I think people are choosing to dislike treyarch just because they decided to go back into WW2.

I'm highly anticipating the new series, I hope they have some beta testing as well.

I don't DISLIKE Treyarch myself, there's a lot of fanyboyism involved I reckon. But COD4 will be better always for me, though I do like WAW as well, I mean IW did patch glitches and things quicker than Treyarch have patched things, the Castle glitch anyone?! That went on for at least a month before it was sorted.

hope they add all the cool features that killzone 2 has like CLAN SUPPORT and 32PLAYERS!!!!

Yeah I heard that Treyarch are going to carry on with the Call of Duty franchise and Infinity Ward are concentrating on Modern Warfare now.

Well the first one didn't blow me away in the slightest so I'm not going to jump into this one either. I played the first on my old SDtv and thought it was alright but that's about it. I couldn't get into the online side after coming from COD on the pc so i missed all of that and the 'xp' idea.

When i got a hdtv i thought id give it a look as everyone said cod's graphics were stunning and i thought it looked shocking in HD. Especially all of the blurred textures and 2d pixelated grass. I tried online and every game was filled with rockets, grenades and helicopters blowing the shit out of everything.

I think once i play MAG as well going back to something like this will be a huge step down. Every FPS game I played after Battlefield felt wrong without the destruction and it's taken me ages to forget about that and accept walls that don't break.

Last edited:
yea the first one diddnt appeal to me much and got bored of it pretty quickly. its a good game to play for 2mins though online

COD4 is better than COD5 so i'm glad the 2 companies are making separate games

Oh yeah tiny white picket fences that deflect bullets or tank shells and tiny walls that cannot be jumped over and you must walk around them so my head in.

COD aint about realism its about running and gunning and none stop action

Oh and bullets go though most stuff in the game and you can jump over walls at a certain height ;)

I was meaning most games have the annoying walls that cannot be jumped over not specifically cod. I played COD WAW and got the fun side of it. It's very accessible to new players and the XP means you'll go out of your way to use all of the guns to upgrade yourself.

I'll probably rent this 2nd MW game but it depends on how much of a lasting impression MAG leaves on me and what else is released around the same time.

Modern Warfare 2 intel captured in latest Game Informer
mw2cover580px.jpg

As per this month's Modern Warfare 2 cover story in Game Informer, details of the piece have surfaced over at GiantBomb. A smattering of new revelations are covered, including the flat-out refusal of co-op play in story mode (said to break the narrative experience). Additionally, Captain "Soap" MacTavish returns, bringing with him distinctly more open-ended gameplay, and a significantly fleshed out "special forces" mode (one that will mimic and expand upon the final "Mile High Club" airplane battle in CoD4).

If you want more, you're just going to have to snag a copy of this month's GI. We'll be honest with you, though -- at this point, we expect greatness from the veteran development team at Infinity Ward. Luckily, from the looks of things, the game's release on November 10 will bring ever-widening smiles to the faces of existing fans and reignite our already burnin' love for the series.

Back
Top Bottom