Modern Warfare 2

I am sure it is one of the greatest fps ever made, i still don't get the genre of going around with no whatsoever cover system and kill people. It all seems to be based or reaction time and little tactical strategical coordination.

But as i said, i never got fps, still the ones implementing a cover system at least provide some sort of real world elements.

The new trailer spoils the story but it is intense :APPLAUD:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o54QI1OowAw

They did for COD4 so i guess they will this year as well

The queues will be ridiculous though

Fantastic game this, especially the new bonus thing where you do certain objectives with a friend and there is quite a lot from stealth to all out war to snowmobile races

The best one was me in the planes gunship thing (that only shows people as white) and my mate was on the ground trying to get to the checkpoint whilst i cover and guide him and all this is at night.

Seeing all the explosions on his screen that i was causing was great and even seeing his laser sight shining half way across the map from my view was a nice touch. Its bloody hard on the ground though as you don't have a clue where your going so you have to rely on the other player to guide you in the plane above.

Another was in a favela trying to take out as many gang members as possible, the problem though was that there were civilians running around and bolting out of doors and stuff so you have to avoid shooting them.

To put it simple its all so much better than COD4, better levels, better guns (the new gadgets are brilliant), better story and the AI seems more realistic as well, for example my mate shot down one side of a bridge and they all positioned themselves behind cars leaning towrds him so i could sneak down the other side and pick them off without them seeing me, i cant recall that happening in COD4

:LOL: Everyones better than me, I think I play weird, I play like you would in real life, I try to avoid getting shot period.
I try to stay alive too much while everyone is charging round like fearless chickens shooting and getting shot I like to sneak around and pick my kills.
I always end up with crap scores but hardly any deaths, there needs to be a game where if you get shot you get a 20.000 volt off your pad... :P

I belive Homer Simpson had a simular game like that once.. :THINK:

Fantastic game this, especially the new bonus thing where you do certain objectives with a friend and there is quite a lot from stealth to all out war to snowmobile races

The best one was me in the planes gunship thing (that only shows people as white) and my mate was on the ground trying to get to the checkpoint whilst i cover and guide him and all this is at night.

Seeing all the explosions on his screen that i was causing was great and even seeing his laser sight shining half way across the map from my view was a nice touch. Its bloody hard on the ground though as you don't have a clue where your going so you have to rely on the other player to guide you in the plane above.

Another was in a favela trying to take out as many gang members as possible, the problem though was that there were civilians running around and bolting out of doors and stuff so you have to avoid shooting them.

To put it simple its all so much better than COD4, better levels, better guns (the new gadgets are brilliant), better story and the AI seems more realistic as well, for example my mate shot down one side of a bridge and they all positioned themselves behind cars leaning towrds him so i could sneak down the other side and pick them off without them seeing me, i cant recall that happening in COD4

Sounds great mate, how about the achievements? Mind taking a peek for me. Let me know if their easy, or not. Cheers

Played some more multiplayer and checked out all the weapons, weapon attachments, perks and kill streak stuff and there is alot of new stuff

The weapons are brilliant and some of the add-ons are even better, you have all the usual stuff plus heartbeat sensor which is great with the sniper rifle, thermal scope, holographic sight, throwing knife and a even a shotgun on the end instead of a grenade launcher :LOL:

The kill streak has a random crate drop (from a plane) at 4 kills which can get you a auto-turret which is deadly, a UAV stopper, Chopper, Air Strike and this self controlled missile and maybe a few more there is that much new stuff in the game i forgot most of it

The multiplayer maps look very good as well and they are nice and varied, this will be game of the year once again

The mission in the favelas on this is the best one i have played in a while

Put it on the hardest and it is awesome, they come out from doors, windows on the roof and throw granades all over the place so you dont know where to look next. A good part was i thought i killed a guy but he was still slightly alive on the floor and he pulled out a grenade, pulled the pin and blew himself up and nearly killed me just after i had realised what he did :LOL:

Last edited:
Coopz, just out of interest, did you like WAW?

I loved COD4 on PC, never had xbox then, but couldnt get into WAW.

Definitely picking this up tho.

A new weapon attachment is a shotgun on the end of the gun instead of a grenade launcher

Coopz, just out of interest, did you like WAW?

I loved COD4 on PC, never had xbox then, but couldnt get into WAW.

Definitely picking this up tho.

WAW was alright, COD4 made it look worse for me though because im not into WW shooters really so i carried on playing COD4 until i sold it this week :LOL:

I can see some fun Evo Web nights on this :)). What kind of online game modes are there?

Same as WAW, only 1 new mode i think and that's that flag runner thing which may even be just capture the flag

I played more last night as well and the levels are very different and keep you on your edge at all times

From running off in the favelas (which was brilliant) to moving through American streets which have been invaded to sneaking onto a Oil Rig

Its just all so well put together, bullets flying everywhere hitting stuff and fighting around diners with them throwing grenades and the windows glass exploding like smoke and they way it all interacts is brilliant. Something surprises you every level and just makes you say "did you see that", little bits of random stuff as well like a enemy parachuting down and smashing into a roof killing himself and one trying to cut himself himself loose after being stuck in the air to avoid getting shot and alot more like that

There is so much stuff that happens i cant remember half of it :LOL:
Were all in for a treat on the 10th though :)

Just seen in the paper that HMV will be selling this for £9.99 if you trade in one of Uncharted 2, Forza 3 or Tekken 6. Also 125 HMV stores doing a midnight launch.

Game are offering it half price if you trade in COD4.

Seen the ad for this last night during halftime of the Champs League, looks crazy busy and lots of schnizzle being blown to bits.

I finished the story last night and it was all brilliant

Its more like a film with you playing and being involved in everything from going in to getting away in some very good and well put together ways and there are a few twists and turns too which makes it even better :)

Just seen in the paper that HMV will be selling this for £9.99 if you trade in one of Uncharted 2, Forza 3 or Tekken 6. Also 125 HMV stores doing a midnight launch.

Thanks for this.

Back
Top Bottom