Modern Warfare 2

The favelas was the best level?! It was fucking awful, one of the most annoying levels I've ever experienced in a game due to bloody respawning enemies (the other level incidently was one in COD4 where you're going through some Russian high-rise apartments and unless you get to the checkpoint, they just keep coming). Pissed me off no end and I got sick of constant bombardment from everywhere even after killing everyone, only for them to magically reappear.

On the other hand, I thought the snow level with the bikes was superb and the bike section was pretty exciting.

It's COD, the story and the way the missions are told are pretty good. But the respawning enemies take it down a LOT in my eyes and it's not even close to being as good as Batman for a GOTY contender.

But the respawning enemies take it down a LOT

Cant believe they still doing this, I enjoy the games, the scenery they build like in Battlefield BC, the looking around and taking it all in. The running to a checkpoint shortens the game soooo much, and simply pushes you through and you miss half of the experience I fear.

To be honest the game and for that matter the entire series is way over hyped by some segments of the gaming crowd. The single player in most of the games has been short, cliched and done before in other FPS titles (sometimes better, sometimes not). Granted the actual gameplay is good but its obvious that the main attraction for nearly everyone is the multi-player which is thoroughly enjoyable. Other than that there actually isnt much else to it.

To be honest the game and for that matter the entire series is way over hyped by some segments of the gaming crowd. The single player in most of the games has been short, cliched and done before in other FPS titles (sometimes better, sometimes not). Granted the actual gameplay is good but its obvious that the main attraction for nearly everyone is the multi-player which is thoroughly enjoyable. Other than that there actually isnt much else to it.

True, I have always prefered Medal of Honour as a single player experience. When I completed the story in COD 4 I thought 'is that it' but I have lost count of the hours I have put into the online section

The controversial Airport level :

This could be a spoiler for alot of people, plus it may also be abit too much for people to watch.

Edited : Could be a story spoiler. Holio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a pain the multiplayer gets played so much on this, keeps the price up for a long time. I'll just wait, as I did with 4 and then complete the game in a week.

Cheers Holio. I figured if people didn't want to watch it, they didn't have to, but I appreciate the Spoiler tags, mate :))

The favelas was the best level?! It was fucking awful, one of the most annoying levels I've ever experienced in a game due to bloody respawning enemies (the other level incidently was one in COD4 where you're going through some Russian high-rise apartments and unless you get to the checkpoint, they just keep coming). Pissed me off no end and I got sick of constant bombardment from everywhere even after killing everyone, only for them to magically reappear.

On the other hand, I thought the snow level with the bikes was superb and the bike section was pretty exciting.

It's COD, the story and the way the missions are told are pretty good. But the respawning enemies take it down a LOT in my eyes and it's not even close to being as good as Batman for a GOTY contender.

I can't recall any re-spawning happening on the hard difficulty level, because we cleared areas before we moved on and that wouldn't be possible if they were re-spawning

When they see you they shoot at you so you know how many are there and how many are left as you pick them off

That's why i cant see where Dags is coming from with respawns because we were clearing areas before moving on

The first favala mission you just cannot clear it out, the one where you're chasing the guy. You think you kill them but they just keep coming back and taking the position of the person who was the originally.

It's still very clearly checkpoint-orientated, though not as bad as COD4 was. Nearly completed it now and it's been more fun than COD4 was, the presentation is just awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The controversial Airport level :

This could be a spoiler for alot of people, plus it may also be abit too much for people to watch.

Edited : Could be a story spoiler. Holio.

:CONFUSE:

I understand the relevance to the story but I find this level a bit unnecessary. I'm not normally bothered by violence in games but for some reason this crosses the line for me and I find it a little distasteful. At least there is an option to skip it but I don't honestly think many will.

I don't see the problem with it. Those scenes have been in films for years now and it's not something new to people.

I understand the relevance to the story but I find this level a bit unnecessary. I'm not normally bothered by violence in games but for some reason this crosses the line for me and I find it a little distasteful. At least there is an option to skip it but I don't honestly think many will.

Don't play Godfather II, mate ;)

Even worse is reading the comments on forums from kids saying things like "I can't wait to play that level, it looks so fun".

The levels probably the worst in the game IMO. Not for the killing of people, it's just short, and unexciting

Even worse is reading the comments on forums from kids saying things like "I can't wait to play that level, it looks so fun".

I've seen the stupid comments like that on youtube as well. I don't see what is fun about massacring unarmed civilians. When games are taking shit from all sides about glamorising violence I think this level is going to add fuel to the fire. You know there will be millions of 8 year-olds play this and think it's a great laugh. That's my issue with it, really. The point of it will be lost.

I've seen the stupid comments like that on youtube as well. I don't see what is fun about massacring unarmed civilians. When games are taking shit from all sides about glamorising violence I think this level is going to add fuel to the fire. You know there will be millions of 8 year-olds play this and think it's a great laugh. That's my issue with it, really. The point of it will be lost.

I'd have to agree with you, again I'm not usually someone who would be bothered with violence in video games. But that part of the game is really not needed, there's plenty of shootings in the states as it is. Don't need to give people ideas!

Its the first time i have ordered from them but it will be the regular place for me from now on :)

On another note Infinity Ward are resetting all the leaderboards and ranks on Monday so there is a level playing field on release day, thats a pain in the arse for me because all my progress from now till Monday will be wiped :(

I got a email on the 5th saying it had been dispatched, they must have sent it early because of the strikes

Back
Top Bottom