Modern Warfare 2

lol @ Nick.

It just frustrates me. This is a fast paced online shooter, no matter how you dress it up its action packed just like the SP.

Slow online would probably be operation flashpoint or something but it pisses me off that some yank kid thinks he's the king because he can snipe me repeatedly for 10 minutes. Fat little cunts are more akin to Private Pyle than anything else, thats why they wont run around.

Other than that i love this. lol

lol @ Nick.

It just frustrates me. This is a fast paced online shooter, no matter how you dress it up its action packed just like the SP.

Slow online would probably be operation flashpoint or something but it pisses me off that some yank kid thinks he's the king because he can snipe me repeatedly for 10 minutes. Fat little cunts are more akin to Private Pyle than anything else, thats why they wont run around.

Other than that i love this. lol

Some people play it as a fast paced shooter when it doesn't have to be.

In hardcore mode its all pretty quiet with people creeping around instead of going gung-ho

Yeah sniper is good sometimes. But I don't know how they stay in the same place all of the time!

There is nothing like a good head shot though from distance, with a sniper rifle. Especially when you play sabotage and the guy thinks he is on a free run to plant the bomb, then Boom!! "Bobby is in town and he just shot you in the head!!"

I don't see why you're complaining about snipers? In real life you don't see snipers running around! Sniping is about disguising yourself, so I have no problem with snipers. Seeing as I regularly like to snipe. And it's not boring at all, if you have a nice position you could be taking multiple enemies out. And if you're pissed about a sniper, out smart him ;)

but thats my point, im not moaning cause im shit because i see myself as average and good enough to hold my own. But there are places on the maps that are untouchable, therefore there is no outsmarting to be done, dont get me wrong i love a bit of chucking a grenade at the fuckers but sometimes you cant even get near.

@ COOPZ yep agreed hardcore mode is pretty decent for that a bit less chaotic and more sneak and smash.

Stopping power i find is more or less what you need in single-player.

It's not set in stone of course but you get that damn little hit-cross appear at random times denying you a proper kill even when you've got the drop on opponents.

Hardcore mode just does away with that. You still get it sometimes but a mere fraction of the times you see it on normal mode....It eliminates things like a person being able to duck or hide if you've spied them in a window and got a shot on them.

You get more of a choice then, stopping power becomes a 100% kill, cold-blooded is probably the best to use in hardcore, it can make you the evilest camper known to man, or the best camper hunter which your team will love you for....hardline can have you getting all important UAV's in hardcore all the time, or make airstrikes easier to drop on snipers whose cold-blooded stealth antics are useless when you just carpet bomb their favourite spot.

It's where teams start getting real good i've found. That scary point where you realise you're playing this game a bit more "proper" than you should.

You get a team with your invisible camper hunters who screw up all the hiders, one of your mates doesn't give a toss whose seen him cos he has a heartbeat sensor and a big gun...in the meantime your other sniping mate is picking off the other little hiders who are now scurrying around from hiding place to hiding place because the boys with the SMG's are screwing their sit and wait plans right up.

Hmm, I didn't think stopping power actually did that much when I tried it. I'll give it another go tonight. Previously I had ALWAYS used hardline to help with the killstreak.

Well i think the main thing in hardcore is the weapons are bit more balanced because at the end of the day they all just kill, with different ranges or fire-rates.

There's not so much of the "you follow me and i'll kill the guy after he kills you and is weak" going on, because especially with big guns like those LMGs you can mow-down groups of people quickly...wheres in normal mode you might catch one person but the others have had time to turn around and pop you.

Sneak up on a group of people in hardcore with almost any gun and you'll get them all without them really knowing what happened.

The flip-side it makes for a few more campers, especially, but if you hunt them down and are wise to it you throw their game-plan off and they start becoming dead weight to the other team. Especially when their run and gunners are getting spotted on UAV all the time.

Hmm, I didn't think stopping power actually did that much when I tried it. I'll give it another go tonight. Previously I had ALWAYS used hardline to help with the killstreak.

Yea Bailzebub pretty much summed it up. I haven't tried taking off stopping power on MW2 yet, but on MW I used to find that I'd lose a 1 v 1 gun fight on normal mode way too often than I should, I knew it wasn't my aiming because I was hitting them enough but the fact they had stopping power gave them the advantage and they'd win the fight.

Most people playing normal mode will have stopping power on. Which I think is a shame because it more or less removes an entire perk slot, that's what I mean when I say you can experiment more in hardcore. It's just personal preference and I prefer hardcore.

It all depends what gun you use

With the ACR stopping power is needed for normal mode whereas using a SCAR or AUG for me doesn't need stopping power at all

I used to be wary of playing hardcore to tell the truth cos i'm the kind of spaz who would accidentally kill his mates...Or just be crap. Now it's those objective games i guarantee i'll ballax up. :D

I got well into it now though and just feel it's how all the multiplayer modes should be. Not enough hardcore modes at the mo.

The bad news is i've become that guy now as well. You know almost like the Gareth from The Office of MW2?

The other night all my mates were on and i actually assigned them roles for the matches,

"Ok Tank...Big machine gun and park arse somewhere, back Tyrer up. Tyrer...get sniping, Tank'll cover you.

Foz, me and you will cover each other with rifles...Mart, Shrew, you boys go and hunt out campers."

We got twatted by proper clans all the time but had a right laugh.

Last edited:
I used stopping power with the ACR last night but to be honest didn't notice any difference whatsoever. I'll be going back to hardline tonight.

I usually move every couple of minutes if I'm sniping.

Deliberately try and find great spots that you'd never find though, camping in obvious and easy places like windows is rubbish, there's no challenge.

Right, I used the M16 last night with stopping power and that definitely did make a difference, it's a 3 round burst gun and if you get a clean shot on the oppo with stopping power they would pretty much die straight away which is much better :)).

The M16 has a much higher damage rating than the ACR, so I guess this is why it makes more of a difference. The difference when using stopping power with the ACR is just a more powerful hit, but the difference when using stopping power with the M16 is hit someone and kill them.

I think I'm gonna start changing which perks I use depending on the situations now, i.e. which map it is, which gun I'm using etc.

I'll be on later today :)).

I think I'm gonna start changing which perks I use depending on the situations now, i.e. which map it is, which gun I'm using etc.

That's what I always do. I choose a gun to use for a long time and change perks almost every map. Same with the title :).

Anyguys looking for a good laugh look out for my n my mates from work clan

the 'baxi' clan

we are biblically shit!!!

I love going stealth!!:JAY:

My one i use is..

Primary Weapon
Scar-H with Thermal and silencer attached
Secondary Weapon
Stinger missle(amazing for taking killstreaks out AC130. Harrier, Helicopters)
Equipment
Semtex
Special Grenades
Stun Grenade

Perk1-Scavenger-Pro
Perk2-Cold-blooded pro(No red crosshair or name shown when you are targeted)
Perk3-Ninja:JAY:

earlier today I thought I would try out some of the other modes.

I played the 3rd person 1v1. it was on the submarine snowy map, it feels totally different, pretty good.

I think there are other 3rd person view modes too, worth a go if you havent tried it.

Back
Top Bottom