Modern Warfare 2

Brother's in Arms: Road to Hill 30 was the best single player fps I've played. It was all about using cover, laying suppressing fire and flanking the enemy. You couldn't run-and-gun through that game.

I know it's about a year since this was posted and I haven't seen if there were any responses, but for me the BIA series was horribly mechanical. I loved the idea of pinning them down with automatic fire but the way it was executed felt like one of those fairground stalls where you shoot water into a clown face's mouth until the balloon bursts (no innuendo intended). That red circle completely took me out of the game, but even if it wasn't displayed it was still the same mechanism that shaped the game.

For cover, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the latest Call of Juarez (demo was all I played) would automatically have you lock up against scenery and use the angle at which you aimed to determine how far down you ducked. For example if you were against something waist height, you could duck behind it by aiming up, thus allowing you to shoot someone above you without leaving you exposed to people at your level. As you lowered your aim, you would gradually stand up so you were just peering over the top of cover, until eventually if you were aiming low you would have to stand over the cover to see down but you would still be fairly covered against returning fire. It would do the same for using walls as cover - the more you aim to the wall side, the more you have to peer out when firing, but it wasn't a case of jumping into the middle of the doorway just to shoot someone at a slight angle.

I thought it was actually quite clever, because it didn't need cover to be certain heights and it wasn't actually activated by a button press (as I remember it, I may be wrong); it was quite natural.

Shame the game was pap, really.

On topic - finding Cold Blooded and a silenced SCAR with a red dot sight to be a hell of a lot of fun on those missions full of tall grass (except Wasteland, which I don't really like in MW2 at all). I'm racking up so many knife kills and headshots behind enemy lines at the moment. Completed a challenge where I took someone down with a throwing knife while I was completely flashbanged - it was called "Did You See That??" :D

With CoD4 I'd never get a streak over 3; last night I got Predator missiles, turrets, the lot. I don't know how I'm finding it easier (and a hell of a lot more fun - possibly because the world and his missus is playing, when it's only the elites left it'll probably be a nightmare again) but at the moment I'm just having IMMENSE fun.

One of the most enjoyable games of the year for me, which I hate to say because I'm "not supposed to" like it - it's not original, it's not realistic AND it's a sequel. But if it's fun, it's fun... Just a really good game...

So how long do you think it will be before they offer us MW1 maps as dlc?
I would have expected the to be on the disc already seeing as they're already made and should work. But no doubt they'll tweak them a tiny bit here and use that to justify charging us a tenner or more for them.

The knife throw was sheer chance. I finally got it today.

i stopped levelling up after 4th prestiege on COD4 so i'm gonna tear this up tonight!

original

Just got this :D.

I'm rubbish at shooting games and this is my first COD... What difficulty should I start on?

It is good with mates I agree, however I still have fun if it's just me and a load of randoms. I think the killstreak rewards are genius. A great way to keep people entertained - the better players can challenge themselves to get 9/11/15 killstreaks, while the more casual player can find it very satisfying to achieve 3/4/5.

I'm going on now if anyone else is up feel free to join me! :LOL:

It is good with mates I agree, however I still have fun if it's just me and a load of randoms. I think the killstreak rewards are genius. A great way to keep people entertained - the better players can challenge themselves to get 9/11/15 killstreaks, while the more casual player can find it very satisfying to achieve 3/4/5.

I'm going on now if anyone else is up feel free to join me! :LOL:
i would if i wasn't at work, i'll be on live tonight and would like to get involved in the EVO clan if anybody is on.

i'll be online tonight - are we 360'ing it or PS3'ing it?

i have both, but my ps3 version remains sealed, and is about to go on fleaBay...

I had a go on free for all last night for the first time and it is pretty easy to rack up kills

I got my 5, 7 and 11 killstreak again and got a score of 30-5 and i got to see my winning kill when i hit the 30 limit :)

The 11 killstreak must have got at least 10 kills :LOL: pity i died once again while on the laptop

I had a major problem tonight regarding kill streaks. Was playing Demolition and 3-4 times the very good players racked up the kills and soon as they had the chopper gunner they massacred everyone, the chopper gunner is so powerful it's like a big size 13 foot stamping on all the ants it's ridiculous.

I'm beginning to think all these kill streak options is only going to help the better players dominate even more. While the not so good players settle for UAV and sentry guns, the good players are killing 10 people a time with a chopper gunner and the bomber. Plus it encouraged camping as the players were only interesting in getting their kill streak going.

Could only join the EVO gang last night for half an hour (due to working late), but still enjoyed it.
Especially my match winning kill with the sticky grenade (it stuck to one camper, and as he tried to run away he took out his also camping team-mate) :SMUG:

I'd like to apologise to Tim and Adam who didn't get many kills once I came on at midnight last night :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom