Modern Warfare 2

Think its fair to say the Knife is a fluky thing at times and well overpowered, the guy gets the knife bounced into his knee and he's dead, damn poor that really.

That always makes me laugh, a knife from a throw or melee kills instantly regardless of where it hits, yet you can shoot someone 4 or 5 times before they die at times.

That always makes me laugh, a knife from a throw or melee kills instantly regardless of where it hits, yet you can shoot someone 4 or 5 times before they die at times.

That's why I preferred hardcore mode in COD4. I hate shooting someone 3-4 times, only to have them turn around and kill me... the only reason they knew I was there was because I put a few bullets into them.

Have they given any reason why they only have hardcore TD and SND modes? Also why solve the issue of team killing in hardcore SND mode but not in the hardcore TD??

Well, just completed it.

Didn't enjoy the story as much as COD4, but it's still pretty epic.
Nice to see us Brits save the day and the Americans portrayed as the bad guy. Shame you never really get near Makarov though.

I died so many times on the earlier levels, even on Regular that it's putting me off trying it on Veteran. I got upto the Helicopter extraction from Pripyat on Vet in 4, and barely tried much of 5 on Vet, only did the first level, so I'm not sure yet.

EDIT : Bloody doughnut

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a frustrating session last night... I was struggling to get used to hardcore TD, but it wasn't helped by a twat who decided that because he wasn't paired with his clan he'd take out his own team (us!). I reported him in the end as I'd had enough.
The only thing that cheered me up was getting a few snazzy kills with the shield ;)

it's a little more tactical, but when you get used to hardcore there is no going back. i'm so glad i've finally got to level 19, we battered that other team in the only hardcore game i played last night.

a twat who decided that because he wasn't paired with his clan he'd take out his own team (us!)
He was a right cock. I think he pissed jaygrim off so much that jaygrim just started shooting him back :LOL:

it's a little more tactical, but when you get used to hardcore there is no going back. i'm so glad i've finally got to level 19, we battered that other team in the only hardcore game i played last night.
Yeah we raped em, especially you mate with your 25 kills :TU:. I agree about hardcore mode, don't think I could go back to normal mode because personally I prefer the more tactical side of hardcore as opposed to the very random run n gun normal mode. It also makes you appreciate the radar more on hardcore as you only get one if your team has a UAV. It's nice to actually have people die when you shoot them too.

I agree about hardcore mode, don't think I could go back to normal mode because personally I prefer the more tactical side of hardcore as opposed to the very random run n gun normal mode. It also makes you appreciate the radar more on hardcore as you only get one if your team has a UAV. It's nice to actually have people die when you shoot them too.

Couldn't agree more which is why I'm so annoyed there's now less hardcore modes than COD4 :CONFUSE:

I was playing before and there was these 2 guys on the other team who were racking up loads and loads of kills by just sprinting after people and stabbing them. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or just an awesome combination of perks but they were near enough unstoppable, I'm talking seriously fast! It just didn't seem right after watching them chase people who just couldnt get away and watching the killcam after they got me.

It was on 'Rundown' and they changed to guns on the next map, which might be relevant.

This mode sounds much better. I could swear that I put about 5 or 6 bits of lead in the other player and they just seem to take one shot and Im dead.

Throw knives, they seem to be lethal if you hit someone in the knee, plus they bounce straight. :LOL:

Well, just completed it.

Didn't enjoy the story as much as COD4, but it's still pretty epic.
Nice to see us Brits save the day and the Americans portrayed as the bad guy. Shame you never really get near Makarov though.

I died so many times on the earlier levels, even on Regular that it's putting me off trying it on Veteran. I got upto the Helicopter extraction from Pripyat on Vet in 4, and barely tried much of 5 on Vet, only did the first level, so I'm not sure yet.

EDIT : Bloody doughnut

I've completed the single player 100% in the last couple of days, it wasn't actually that difficult and it's a fair bit easier than doing the same was on COD4, so I'd give it a go if I was you. Although I did play through it first on Hardened and Veteran isn't much of a step up from that.
There was no part as difficult as the Pripyat extraction anyway, if that helps. :)

hardcore mode I think?

I aint played it, but you can kill your team mates if you are not careful and I think its more realistic in that if you get shot you die.

Im not entirely sure if thats true though

It seems to be full of campers, i thought it was shite.

Went back to normal mode last night and now this morning, and playing in hardcore mode has definitely helped me. Just had a great game on the Estate map, 24-0-4 :)). Once I got a decent killstreak going I didn't go off running round like a tit, I kept it cool and just kept doing what I was doing. Called in 2 attack helicopters during that round too :)).

Argh, this game is the first game that I have started to have dreams about since Age Of Empires!

I think I am slowly getting better at this game. Still come up against folk that are just way too good though.

Hardcore should be the only way to play this game! Having little red dots popup when somebody shoots isn't exactly realistic. This is coming from somebody who is very poor at the game. Yeah, it might help me see where people are shooting from but it just makes the not so good players easy targets!

People go on about assisted players in FIFA, surely having a red dot popping up in MW is an assist?

Hardcore should be the only way to play this game! Having little red dots popup when somebody shoots isn't exactly realistic. This is coming from somebody who is very poor at the game. Yeah, it might help me see where people are shooting from but it just makes the not so good players easy targets!

This is what I hate too, the red dot on the map gives away your position. The only way to get around it is to silence your guns which takes too much power off your weapons when you consider in normal mode you already have to put 5-6 bullets in them. Then if you do kill someone they get to see exactly where you are on the kill cam :CONFUSE: it's just a recipe for run and gun no brains shooting.

At least with hardcore you can get done with stopping power and have fun with your perks. You can snipe if you want and not have the kill cam give away your position instantly. And of course you can shoot an unsilenced gun and not have your position pin pointed on the radar, unless UAV is up... but if I play hardcore I usually go for silenced guns anyway as I like to be invisable on any radar that will come up.

Sniper weapons are for fucking gimps.

Honestly, its not even fun. Ive tried it and ooohh sit somewhere high, or in a window or in grass and shoot one person every five minutes.

Its just fucking annoying i like to outsmart my opponent see where they are all headed and go round them or attack them full on, they should have a separate playlist for the boring cnuts that want to use snipers.

Sorry rant over.

Sniper weapons are for fucking gimps.

Honestly, its not even fun. Ive tried it and ooohh sit somewhere high, or in a window or in grass and shoot one person every five minutes.

Its just fucking annoying i like to outsmart my opponent see where they are all headed and go round them or attack them full on, they should have a separate playlist for the boring cnuts that want to use snipers.

Sorry rant over.

:JAY:

:LOL: Me and Joe were in a game yesterday and it was just embarassing. 3 pricks camped in the building in the base where one team starts in the Skidrow map. They didn't move from there the whole 10 minutes and we couldn't get anywhere near them. Then after the game they were giving it large so I fucking put em in their place via some choice words.

I do be a sniper myself sometimes, but I would never camp in the same place for a whole round! I usually mix it up if I die anyway.

Oh, and the ACR gun is awesome :)).

Back
Top Bottom