Modern Warfare 2

I just had chopper gunner on Afgan and only got about 2 kills from it due to people using cold blooded :LOL:

I love it when everything just clicks into place. I had a great run last night.
I was on that map with the minigun and the courtyard... I can't think of the name of the map but it has the playground in the courtyard area. I ran up to the chaingun room and found 2 guys stood there with their backs to me (1 on the gun 1 by the window) so I knifed them both, flashbanged the courtyard to blind anyone in the other room who might be looking out the window - I ran into the other room and knifed the 2 guys flapping around blind. Then got another guy who ran up the stairs and walked right past me.

UAV'd the map and used my predator missile and then received the harrier and used the a little later. I think I finished the game with something like 26 kills 2 deaths and 4 assists.

I need some better kill streak unlocks but I'm only a level 29 I think so I'm still a few levels off another unlock. I wasted my first unlock on the nuke thinking 'wow I get to use a nuke!?' and only after unlocked realised that I'd have to actually get a 25(or 24) kill streak going to ever use it. Big waste. :(

If you want nice killstreaks i would suggest one at 5, 7 and 11

With hardline 4 kills aint hard to get then get 2 with a predator if possible (or sentrys which i think are shite).

After that you need 4 kills from the Airstrike and Plane (harrier strike?) maybe less if your still running around shooting people. So when you get to 10/11 you get the relentless Chopper Gunner which can get 10+ kills easilly :)

Nice gameplan there Coopz. I find UAVs really helpful so usually have those on, but I think I'll try your way today. I can't use hardline though as I find I literally HAVE to use stopping power now, or get hardly any kills.

Stopping power isn't needed on hardcore matches really and i took UAV off as soon as i played it because i have the heartbeat sensor which is on all the time :)

What is good though is cold blooded, that stops you getting seen on radars and getting seen by planes, choppers, sentrys, airstrikes and predators so it is a tough choice to leave that and have hardline

I still think the kill streaks are far too over powering. Like you say, if you set up with 5,7 and then 11 as your kill streaks it's not that hard to rack up the kills once you reach the first kill streak at 5. Soon as you have the chopper gunner at 11 then well... the other team stand no chance for the remaining time you're in your chopper.

With COD4 you knew what you were getting, UAV, airstike and heli. You can deal with all 3 if you're smart enough. But the other day on Wasteland someone got the chopper gunner and must have got about 25-30 kills purely with the chopper, and there wasn't a thing anyone on our team could do as we were dying just as quick as we were spawning, there was no chance for our team to fight back against it.

Now because these kill streaks are so powerful you find players just hiding and racking up the kills desperately trying to get a kill streak going. I've got no problem with people camping, I don't care about camping. But this feels cheap to me. Also a guy on my team got a nuke the other day, actually quite boring to have the game ended early like that.

Not really feeling this game :(

I still think the kill streaks are far too over powering. Like you say, if you set up with 5,7 and then 11 as your kill streaks it's not that hard to rack up the kills once you reach the first kill streak at 5. Soon as you have the chopper gunner at 11 then well... the other team stand no chance for the remaining time you're in your chopper.

With COD4 you knew what you were getting, UAV, airstike and heli. You can deal with all 3 if you're smart enough. But the other day on Wasteland someone got the chopper gunner and must have got about 25-30 kills purely with the chopper, and there wasn't a thing anyone on our team could do as we were dying just as quick as we were spawning, there was no chance for our team to fight back against it.

Now because these kill streaks are so powerful you find players just hiding and racking up the kills desperately trying to get a kill streak going. I've got no problem with people camping, I don't care about camping. But this feels cheap to me. Also a guy on my team got a nuke the other day, actually quite boring to have the game ended early like that.

I agree, they are too strong in this game. It's fine rewarding someone doing well but it's getting to the point where the better players just run away with it and nobody else can compete and that takes the fun out of the game.

There is ways of getting round everything on it

As i said before if you use cold blooded you cant be seen by the choppers ect and if you equip yourself with a Stinger you can take them out easily

People set classes for mainly killing and not preventing there enemies from doing anything. You see alot of stopping power, commando, scavenger ect instead of going for stuff to not get killed like cold blooded, ninja ect so for some it is easy racking up kills

I've been on both ends of it and it's just to extreme now.

People who are getting 11 kill streaks for example are probably already doing the best anyway so giving them the opportunity to pull even further away with ease seems a bit stupid to me.

There is ways of getting round everything on it

As i said before if you use cold blooded you cant be seen by the choppers ect and if you equip yourself with a Stinger you can take them out easily

I understand Coopz but I have a class especially for shooting down heli's etc. Which I switch too as soon as the other team call a chopper in, and I still couldn't do a damn thing because our team just kept spawning in the same place and that area was being bombed constantly by the guy in the chopper. I just feel it's too overpowering and takes from the game experience.

Also I don't understand the logic of the nuke, because surely the nuke kills every single player? Including your own team?

The logic of the nuke is that it ends the game, it's that simple and the person that calls it in deserves to for getting 25 kills in a row.

Anyways, I've unlocked the thermal scope for the 50 Cal and it's effectively cheating, but there are some right bastards on this game, especially the ones using that really powerful shotgun whilst having akimbo so fuck them.

The logic of the nuke is that it ends the game, it's that simple and the person that calls it in deserves to for getting 25 kills in a row.

Anyways, I've unlocked the thermal scope for the 50 Cal and it's effectively cheating, but there are some right bastards on this game, especially the ones using that really powerful shotgun whilst having akimbo so fuck them.

Yeah i have found that happens alot lately

They are very very powerful (1 shot kill) and for a shotgun they have a snipers distance :LOL:

The only good thing about it is that its 2 ranks away from prestige so unless they stay at rank 70 you wont be seeing it for long

I understand what a nuke does, I just question the logic of using a nuke in the first place. Besides these days a 25 kill streak isn't as hard as it once was.

I would put a video up showing my point, but the guy on it talks crap for 5 minutes before eventually explaining very badly that he believes killstreaks are overpowered.

I have never seen anyone get a proper nuke

The only 2 Nukes i have seen are from cheating twats who have a mate on the other side with a tactical flare. We had one in our game so we all followed the guy who was on 22-0 so the enemies knew where he was and he eventually got shot, he wasn't happy after either :LOL:

I have to say this game is simply amazing. A bit arcadish but does a good job balancing it with realism. The darn game has so much depth that I still don't know how or when to use all the perk goodies to my advantage. Need to educate myself more on this. I have yet to experience the C30 and Chopper gunner due to my kill streak only lasting to 6/7 kills. I am at level 44 but sooooo many options to choose from on perks and guns that I just don't know what to do. LOL!
Too many options is not good sometimes.

What a great game though! Very satisfying..

Honestly, I have no problems with the nuke problem and so forth. I've only been affected by it once, and that person earned it. I got a 25 kill streak by camping a house floor, unluckily I didn't have the streak class on! I love playing this game with a UMP / silencer running, killing and never stop moving. Plus the knifing along the way.

Honestly, I have no problems with the nuke problem and so forth. I've only been affected by it once, and that person earned it.

You'll understand when you'll be nuked 5 times in a row in less than 10 minutes.

Last edited:
One thing I do love though, is how over the top the stealth bomber is.

Considering it's 'stealth', a giant black arrow flying through your peripheral vision isn't exactly hidden.

Looks so fucking cool whilst it's flying and dropping bombs though.

The infinite creates one was fixed in the recent patch

The one thing it has added which i dont think i have mentioned yet is people creating private matches and putting them into proper ranked matches

The favourite for them is domination on Rust with no time limit!

People are racking up 600+ kills a game on it and if you do get in one when searching for a game you will get well and truly mullered

What i want to know is how the hell do these fuckers find stuff out like this?

More fuckers about now online

3 of the 4 games i had on free for all last night had people with unlimited Rocket launchers or Grenade launchers

Pain in the arse trying to get away from people firing them none stop and the noise is annoying as well, just a constant boom boom boom boom boom

Tossers

Back
Top Bottom