Konami Pes2008 Pc Patch 2

I repeat myself: Talking about NoDVD-cracks in here will get your asses banned, guys. So stop it.

Good thing Konami keeps working on fixes ( altough they have a long way to go )

Can anyone confirm that installing the patch messes up the team names or kits?

It didn't mess up a single thing here. All imported EPL teamnames and kits are still there and nothing has been mixed up.

It does help me framerate-wise, no slowdowns or stuttering anymore. Even my replays are smoother. (offline)I can even play at higher resolutions without the aforementioned glitches now.

2.0 GHz
1Gig RAM
Geforce 7300 LE
Vista Home Premium 32bit

i put it back on put the i.2 patch on now it comes up saying error cant connect to internet change your settings in your router or connect straight to the internet,so changed my firewall to off and still the same anyone getting this please

had a few games online and one match ran smooth, and then i played someone called deathbrinder666 who i felt was cheating. Everytime you tried to trackle him, lagged kicked in and he skipping the ball into my goal each time. Everytime i had the ball it ran smooth, but when this kid got the ball it was lagging all the time :(

My real EPL names (that worked online) are actually gone and are back to North London FC and so on...

installed new patch, online still crap. how am I supposed to play when I can't even tell where players are or the ball?

Crap game, its all the same no difference at all.
For me, I will only play this game until a new patch comes and makes it better or at least less bad.

Crap game, its all the same no difference at all.
For me, I will only play this game until a new patch comes and makes it better or at least less bad.

i think for offline you will only play only when you will change your hardware... :roll:
I repeat: Delete your stupid sign about offline LAGS... Not true...

For Online the problem is on netcode and on servers...

Lol?
You don't even know my specs so you shouldn't even be talking, my internet connection is great to and who in his perfect mind is going to spend money in a computer to play a soccer game that doesn't simulate reality as it should be? Oh sry im not a nerd so i don't understand that situation, i prefer to play real soccer thnk u.

i prefer to play real soccer thnk u.

Personally I prefere girls... :lol:

PS:Im sure you have not a decent hardware optimization if you have all the problems you writed about offline game...

bugs are only in online ...

(install latest drivers for your audio and video cards)
Play at medium details, reduce resolution and for sound problems, go on:

START
RUN and write DXDIAG

go on AUDIO pannel and select STANDARD ACCELLERATION..

I'm on a 10M down/1M up cable connection.
Comp is Intel Quad Core w/ EVGA 8800GTS vid card.
Not top of the line, but very powerful.

After installing the patch last night I got online to play against a mate in Toronto and I'm in Chicago. (Same distance and London to Newcastle for the geographically challenged :lol:)
I'm guessing that Konami doesn't have the same kind of server infrastructure in the North America as Europe, so I was expecting it to still be laggy.

The game ran alot smoother. There was only 4 moments of noticeable lag, though one led to a goal.
It's still not perfect, but it is an improvement.
Like others my adboards were "Konami-ed", but all of my modded kits, faces, balls, etc...remained intact.

My guess is there will be another patch, and more downtime for Konami's servers due to the load this version of the game puts on their machines and bandwidth.
Hopefully they will continue to improve things and keep the PES online community alive.
They've already made one major misstep by releasing the game w/o being prepared, hopefully they won't continue that way.

Offline this game is superb especially if you have the power to play on high settings!! So far i've experienced no bugs offline only online.

still suck gameplay ..ronaldinho..super duper driblle..shit..wtf..

lame ass..defender...come on konami..fix the gameplay...

what the f88k konami

Last edited:
For Online the problem is on netcode and on servers...

I'm on a 10M down/1M up cable connection.
Comp is Intel Quad Core w/ EVGA 8800GTS vid card.
Not top of the line, but very powerful.

After installing the patch last night I got online to play against a mate in Toronto and I'm in Chicago. (Same distance and London to Newcastle for the geographically challenged :lol:)
I'm guessing that Konami doesn't have the same kind of server infrastructure in the North America as Europe, so I was expecting it to still be laggy.

The problem is the game doesn't run on servers in the first place, it's P2P. The Konami servers are basicly chat rooms. They put them there in order to disable direct IP connections and control who plays on-line for anti-piracy reasons. A sideeffect of the above is the inability for LAN play.

The only way to have proper multiplayer online gaming is by using servers. In contrast think of playing a game like counterstrike P2P, meaning no server and each player sends its own data to the others. Even if it's only two players (like in PES) the game's performance would still be hindered by the perfomance of the pc being the host (which in PES changes with each half).On a dedicated servers the lagger loses not the other way around.

The only way is for Konami to turn their sucky chat room servers into proper dedicated game servers so that people can enjoy lag-free online gaming. But I don't expect to see that happening from those narrow minded Japs. 10 versions of the game and they still haven't figured out simple things like replays after the ball is out, or near passes in a midfield free kick etc

8600M GT Machine. C2D T7500. 2 GB RAM

When I install 1.20 patch fps went to 50 fps, before, with 1.10 I have unchanging 60 fps

Anyone experienced this issue?.
:shock::shock:

I'm not that bad. I play on high and it was great on 1.10 but have the original slowdown on replays and slight slowdown in the boxes that i used to have. I want to play with 1.20 though because of the gameplay changes. I'm gonna play with lodmixer till there is no slowdown i think.

Geforce go 7950GTX, T7200, 2GB RAM

haters, that´s all... I quit defending PES 2008, as people just loves to come here and talk bad things about the game. I will keep playing this great game. I don´t care about what you haters say. Don´t like it, don´t play it. Bye

I love PES allways, but this version just sucks mate..maybe you ahven't opened up your eyes yet. Or maybe you are one of those annoying people who teleports all over the field when I play online. Because PES 2008 favours the slower connections, so that people with a good connection can get raped.

^ yep I discovered that yesterday.

I played my first 3 matches online last night and all 3 were laggy crap, one minute the ball was being kicked away by my defender, the next thing I know its at the other player's feet running into my box and scoring, pisses me off.

Why on earth does somebody online with 3 green bars have a lag of 2000/3000 ? ridiculous :(

Lost all 3 of my opening matches....

6-0
4-3
5-0

Is there anywhere I can look to play decent people online? I'm new to online gaming in terms of Pro Evo (I normally play FPS games online).

Please can somebody give me some hinters on where I can play with you guys (on PES that is lol). I live in the UK and am on 20mbit and have configured my router properly so there should be NO lag at all :P

Thanks

Simcut, the answer lies in playing on a ladder, where you arrange matches against like-minded souls.
Like the one where I play - evo-league.com, the problem is that the ladders are dying a slow death due to the game's issues.

funny that even crap games like cycling manager (180 cyclists) run without lag, but konami can't even get 22 players and a stadium run well

Back
Top Bottom