Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

Yeah i follow what you mean newitalianjob, if you upload them to filefront ill download them and put them into the pes image file as mentioned above. Only thing you'll need to do extra is put a notepad file in with instructions on where to put the blank comms in to blank out the rest of the pes comms so its just fifa comms. My final thought is just a thought, is it possible to rip some of nicks pes 6 andy and clive comms to fill the other 5,000 blank comms ?

Andy

now you can count me in for helping. i can take care of some co-commentary replacing. not all of it of course, but i think i could replace quite quickly some files. could you just give some sort of a lowdown about which fifas are used? only 2005? if it is one game only (as that 5000 samples suggest), i just feel it's not enough... and one thing that occurs to me, is that callnames can be quite limited. it might be bit of let down also.

yeah puuro thats why i asked if some of the comms from that old patch could be used also if its possible. As you stated pes has a hell of a lot of comms so for it to really be complete we need to find another 5,000 odd comms files. Anyone have any ideas ?

Andy

well, we don't really need 5000 more, but it would be recommended to go through the whole era of motson/mccoist in fifa games. easier said than done as one won't get fifa 2003 (for example) from a local shop anymore. of course there is one way, but i'd rather not say it out loud.

the main commentary (champion) in pes consists of lot of variations of the same things, so we shouldn't really look at those numbers like 10000+, as it's a bit misleading. it sounds like a lot of samples, but isn't really a problem. but co-commentary is the thing i would worry the most, for that part is a lot more "vulnerable" to little amount of samples...

however, this is just speculation, and we'll probably be wiser, when mister italy has uploaded the files.

hi guys - i'm going to do clive/andy instead as i only have fifa 05/tcm 05 and thats very limited. i don't want to pirate the fifa 03 as i dont want to go down that road! i have f.a premier league manager 2002 but thats clive and lawro.
so i have fifa 06,07,08,09 so i need to rip them.
i suspect it will be done in about 1-2 weeks

also another thing i have the pes 5 patch by nack22 but i have no comms map as i do for pes 2009 so i want to keep off that raod apart from the fact i will rip the blank adx files off pes 5 comms patch so that we can replace them with some pes 2009 files we need blank.
do you follow what i'm saying?

I'm slowly but surely replacing some of John Champion with clive tyldesley comms. Its easy to begin with basic parts like shooting comms but I will start to struggle with other points of comms. Dont even get me started on player names comms that will be a nightmare. I'll keep you posted guys and will test every now and then to see how the files fit in during gameplay.

Andy

I'm slowly but surely replacing some of John Champion with clive tyldesley comms. Its easy to begin with basic parts like shooting comms but I will start to struggle with other points of comms. Dont even get me started on player names comms that will be a nightmare. I'll keep you posted guys and will test every now and then to see how the files fit in during gameplay.

Andy

ok then - can you give me a map of nack22's comms plz?
also do you have a map of pes 2009 as i have one

yeah, nice one! and what a coincidence that clive is talking to andy, even if it is wrong andy. :)) is it townshend, perhaps?

co-commentator parts need to be taken out or replaced with gray. shouldn't be a problem though.

yeah, nice one! and what a coincidence that clive is talking to andy, even if it is wrong andy. :)) is it townshend, perhaps?

co-commentator parts need to be taken out or replaced with gray. shouldn't be a problem though.

i know its cool isnt it?!!!

ok then it shouldn't take long - want a map of pro evo 2009? i have one!

Yeah I know what you mean but i started doing it the long way. Ive typed word for word what each comms says. It will take a while but it means when it comes to replacing them for default pes ones ill be able to replace them with the closest speaches so it fits in better. If you follow what I mean that is. I also have a map for pro evo comms.

Andy

i know its cool isnt it?!!!

How exactly can andy townsend be taken out of the cl comms bits ? Do you have a program to edit adx files ?

Andy

well, there's no software to do adx editing as such (probably!), but you can record it with audacity or whatever in 96khz 24-bit, and one won't notice any difference in quality.

and newitalianjob did upload those also in wave format, so no need to even record it again. i see the biggest obstacle being the search for replacement file. in some cases it actually can be impossible. i can go through my libraries to see if i could find anything that would be suitable for these comms... i'll get back at this.

of course you can. i did point that out, didn't i?

but if you have to edit an adx file TAKEN OUT OF NACK'S PATCH (which i believe you might have to do at some point), it is 22050khz 16-bit mono by default, and if you convert that to wav with, say, dkz studio, it may have difference in quality then, because you can't, to my knowledge, alter the frequency. so basically you would then edit 22050khz file, which you have to save as a 22050khz file, so that you convert it to adx 22050khz file.

but as i said (or at least i thought i said), this isn't necessarily a problem with files taken straight out the game.

now, secondly, i'd just like to say that i may sort of give you some andy gray files replaced in the game. there are naturally some files, from which i've taken out all "clives", but i'd say, most of the files are probably usable. i may have to do some parts again, as i'm a bit bored already with some samples. things are a bit vague at the moment though, as i'm not sure what i'm going to do next. i've done a bit of everything, and now can't really decide. :))

and of course there is always the issue that i've done some eq to all the files in order to make them sound better with champion, and it might be that they wouldn't sound natural with tyldesley, dunno.

and one more thing, which i didn't mention, is that adx is something they call "a lossless" format, and well, it is probably quite true compared to some other formats. so wav -> adx converting is often quite good anyway. but the real point in that previous point is that when you have to do converting the other way around, adx -> wav.

but you don't have to stress so much about this. but you at least know this now, and while ignorance may be a bliss all the time, the knowledge can be a bliss also. :))

i'm terribly sorry for my english. sometimes i just can't say things simply enough. :BYE:

i don't know, i haven't asked you to cut anything.

if you mean those cl comms, well, i can just hope that you understand the difference between pes and fifa comms, and i'm sure you do. in pes there are no "joint" comms (which in a way is quite incredible at these times, means that champion and lawrenson have never been at the studio at the same time, just bad production), where both commentators are discussing something in the same file.

i'd rather not dwell on this too much, as it is quite boring.

but actually i will dwell on this, but just this once. everything you might need replacing townshend to gray in cl comms, you'll find at least in fifa07 and 08 comms: filenames starting c_... there are the entrance speeches among other things.

good luck. :BYE:

Last edited:
Well there is only one way of going about it. and that is taking the cl comms in wav format and chopping off andy townsends speach. we cant add andy gray cause its in adx and thats just overly complicated. To be honest it wont be that bad replacing the majority of the files. Personally id rather have clive and andy as my comms purely cause im tired of hearing john and mark (for now). So im gonna have a harder task as im replacing basicly all the commentary. But lucky for me the nacks22 comms works in perfectly with both andy and clive refering to each other alot. The biggest and only major problem is that it will take a hell of a lot of time to get the job done. other than that its a piece of cake :D

Andy

but actually i will dwell on this, but just this once. everything you might need replacing townshend to gray in cl comms, you'll find at least in fifa07 and 08 comms: filenames starting c_... there are the entrance speeches among other things.

good luck. :BYE:

Good shout matey! If someone has fifa 08 and would like to rip the cl comms from it with andy gray id be happy to add to my file list.

Just incase your wondering how long ill be before ive finished writing up the nacks22 files heres my current progress.

http://www.filesavr.com/nacks22mapping

Andy

i havnt got fifa 08 atm but i have a mate who has it - if i could borrow it off him i could... btw nice work so far mapping nack22's version. is this the pes 5 or 6 version?

Back
Top Bottom