Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

so are you about half-way in mapping the pes by nack?
i am going to try and get the xbox 360 audio comms for fifa 08/09

Hi Guys,
I've been having a go at doing a fifa commentary patch since jan 09 on and off. I've been using Sound Manager 09 to load the commentary files from Fifa 09. Then using AFS Explorer 3.7, I've loaded in the Pes 09 Comentary files so that I have both of the programs running side by side (Sound Manager 09 and AFS Explorer 3.7)
Alternatively if you have Fifa 08 game then you can do the same with Commentary Master 08, which is written by the same author as Sound Manager 09.
You can edit and splice the commentary files using SM09/CM08 which has an inbuilt wav editor, and also the quality is perfect. I did have a look at nacks patch but after extracting them found that they were slightly muffled in sound quality.

Also if anyones using Robbie and Juices Kitserver 8 program, There is no need to convert them to ADX format as Kitserver quite happily excepts WAV direct. Just create a folder called rs0e_e.img and place all the converted WAV files in here. Then paste the folder into the img folder of Kitserver.

I've also been using a program called The Rename which enables you to rename all the WAV files in one go. The method I've been using is to just save each file as a number coresponding to the unamed file of Pes. E.G. if adx file is unamed_788.adx then just save the file as 788. Then when you've done a few hundred files you can use The Rename to alter the prefix text and the format in one go.

I have currently converted 2,056 files so far which sound great in game. Unfortunately I am on Dial Up because of my location, so uploading is out of the question!
What I was wondering is if I could have the home address of new italian job or someone else so I can forward all the files I have converted on disc to him?
This disc will include all commentary files and software including fifa 09 game to help him complete the project.
Unfortunately due to new work commitments I cannot carry on with the project.
So as mentioned if someone could give me their home address or email to get in contact, I can get the discs in the post as soon as possible!
Any queries you can email me at terminator@fast4.net
Thanks Guys!!
Respect to Robbie and Juice for making Kitmaster and to Nack for his incredible undertaking of a fifa Commentary patch, which as we know is an incredibly daunting task to take on!

Hi Guys,
I've been having a go at doing a fifa commentary patch since jan 09 on and off. I've been using Sound Manager 09 to load the commentary files from Fifa 09. Then using AFS Explorer 3.7, I've loaded in the Pes 09 Comentary files so that I have both of the programs running side by side (Sound Manager 09 and AFS Explorer 3.7)
Alternatively if you have Fifa 08 game then you can do the same with Commentary Master 08, which is written by the same author as Sound Manager 09.
You can edit and splice the commentary files using SM09/CM08 which has an inbuilt wav editor, and also the quality is perfect. I did have a look at nacks patch but after extracting them found that they were slightly muffled in sound quality.

Also if anyones using Robbie and Juices Kitserver 8 program, There is no need to convert them to ADX format as Kitserver quite happily excepts WAV direct. Just create a folder called rs0e_e.img and place all the converted WAV files in here. Then paste the folder into the img folder of Kitserver.

I've also been using a program called The Rename which enables you to rename all the WAV files in one go. The method I've been using is to just save each file as a number coresponding to the unamed file of Pes. E.G. if adx file is unamed_788.adx then just save the file as 788. Then when you've done a few hundred files you can use The Rename to alter the prefix text and the format in one go.

I have currently converted 2,056 files so far which sound great in game. Unfortunately I am on Dial Up because of my location, so uploading is out of the question!
What I was wondering is if I could have the home address of new italian job or someone else so I can forward all the files I have converted on disc to him?
This disc will include all commentary files and software including fifa 09 game to help him complete the project.
Unfortunately due to new work commitments I cannot carry on with the project.
So as mentioned if someone could give me their home address or email to get in contact, I can get the discs in the post as soon as possible!
Any queries you can email me at terminator@fast4.net
Thanks Guys!!
Respect to Robbie and Juice for making Kitmaster and to Nack for his incredible undertaking of a fifa Commentary patch, which as we know is an incredibly daunting task to take on!

Hey mate thats very interesting stuff you've got there. I'm personally trying to map out the nacks22 pes 5 patch at the momment and its taking ages. I know you mentioned newitalianjob but im also involved in patching if you'd like to send the disc to myself let me know.

Andy.

Hi Mate,
I can get the disc into the post for you as soon as possible if you give me and address or email. Just to mention this is Clive Tildsley and Andy Gray that I've done from Fifa 09 game!

Having some trouble guys. Ive added in a few comms here and there just to test it in pes. commentary seems to crash and loop over and over. Any ideas why this would be ? Could the nacks22 file format or bitrates or anything like that just not work correctly with pes 2009 ?

Andy

hmmm... well, the format is obviously right, but i don't really believe that it's got to do with frequency (nack's files being 22050, and pes' 24000). it may be that, but i doubt it, thinking that spikehog has probably used the 22050 files. you're probably sticking the files in kitserver's rs0e_e.img, right? that might be an issue, if you haven't defragmented your drive in... recent years. :)) i had a problem with sticking the files in the kitserver folder, as it didn't really play any of the files in the game, just pure silence. then i began to import the files with afs explorer, and haven't had any issues since. of course, this way is just painful as it takes 3 extra minutes of my precious time every single time.

oh bug, i do vaguely remember having a problem of that sort, but i really can't remember was it when i was twiddling with comms or something else instead...

Last edited:
Yeah well im putting the comms files straight into the rs0e_e.img file in the pes inmage folder with afs. every match I play the comms at one point will start to loop the same small sentence over and over for a while untill some new comms interupts it. I wil defrag the drive pes is on and see if that helps. If you hear of any other fixes let me know

Andy.

this is probably useless, but i uploaded this anyway.

pes2009 eng co-comms map dated 5.5.2009:
http://www.speedyshare.com/641172501.html
(lawro end of match comms added.)

and i hear people asking (very silently though) is there any release date for the highly-loathed "gray in, lawro out" -patch (name changed for 6th time), and i keep telling them that one must never anticipate this crap. i may release a beta version for andy and newitalianjob to see if they could utilise the files i'm using (which i doubt because of the remastered nature and all that), and the download link may be public or not. probably public because i may want everyone, once and for all, to understand that there's more to life than waiting any patches by me.

this post is pretty close to a spam. i should be banned. :BYE:

Hi pandy, guys!
As an option for everyone who will eventually be using the patch when pandy has finished it, the most probable solution would be to convert all files to adx. Just in case anyone does'nt like using
kitserver, and wants to replace the adx files directly. For those of us who are using kitserver then this is no problem as it supports adx and wav. Either way both solutions are covered!

Strange thing going on their pandy, with the repeat issues, however I have sent you the disc which includes all files required and also as mentioned in my previous post The Rename tool so you can rename all your completed files in one go to adx or wav!

Another option since you are located near me is for me to show you the work I've done and how I was using the software!

If you want I can get to work on doing the 2,000 samples needed for the call names, which involve 3 types. Name in possesion (2 types) and name in opportunity. I've done 250 samples which are on the disc I sent you. This would free you up to concentrate on the main commentary files and would be a huge chunk off your total time to complete the commentary.

Soz for the long post guys but one final question, is it agreed that pandy is doing a Clive Tildsley and Andy Gray replacement?

Hi pandy, guys!
As an option for everyone who will eventually be using the patch when pandy has finished it, the most probable solution would be to convert all files to adx. Just in case anyone does'nt like using
kitserver, and wants to replace the adx files directly. For those of us who are using kitserver then this is no problem as it supports adx and wav. Either way both solutions are covered!

Strange thing going on their pandy, with the repeat issues, however I have sent you the disc which includes all files required and also as mentioned in my previous post The Rename tool so you can rename all your completed files in one go to adx or wav!

Another option since you are located near me is for me to show you the work I've done and how I was using the software!

If you want I can get to work on doing the 2,000 samples needed for the call names, which involve 3 types. Name in possesion (2 types) and name in opportunity. I've done 250 samples which are on the disc I sent you. This would free you up to concentrate on the main commentary files and would be a huge chunk off your total time to complete the commentary.

Soz for the long post guys but one final question, is it agreed that pandy is doing a Clive Tildsley and Andy Gray replacement?

Thanks very much for the cd mate just got it today been busy workin the day so had no time to reply and also watched the Barca - Chelsea match aswell.

Yes I would very much like you to do the call names if you can.
Yes the patch im interested in is Clive and Andy.

Again very good work on what you have done so far, hopefully your help will further the project along a little closer to a possible finish(dont get your hopes up yet people).

cheers,

Andy.

Last edited:
all the files in img folder can be found from the game dvd as they are. which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom