Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

i have fifa 09 currently installed, i can get the files to help.

only thing is im am brand new to pes 2009, im interested in modding my game & helping out around the forum.

i can make any new threads for some reason, so ill just respond to threads for now.

OK, im back who is with me in the season 9/10? Ill start to make a map of the "commentary img" this year again, but its a lot of work. Anyone could help me?
(im not making an english commentary patch for pes, ill make one for my own country, but this part of the editing is a common thing what we all need so please help)

i could probably do some mapping, but only if konami don't put all the samples they've ever recorded (champion/lawrenson era) into the img file. there's no point really mapping 10000+ files, when the game uses only small part of it by default.

what makes things annoying is that you really can't choose the files you want to replace for best result. you must replace almost ALL of them.

so let's see in month and a half how konami will build the commentary img file and then draw some conclusions.

probably would be easier to learn quickly other languages, and do a commentary patch on either italian or spanish commentary. :))

Can someone get into contact with Pesfan etc.. and ask about the structure of pes2010, why not try making for pes 2010 instead.

sorry if i'm being a bit noob-ish, but i sincerely have no clue. could they actually see inside the files like the pc users do? i mean, those who have a copy of pes2010, have it on xplayboxstations.

and by the way, at least fifa10 demo on pc don't really come up with anything new in comms department. so don't expect any fifa comm patches in english, unless the structure of pes2010 comms img file makes patching relatively easy. but i doubt it. :BYE:

Lets see the problem is if we open the sound img the files are all unnamed, while in fifa with soundmaster all the files are categorized.
Its the work of the tool maker or this is the way how the creators of fifa implemented the files?

I guess ill write a letter to konami regarding the structure of the files.

i guess what you're pondering if the filenames in fifa pc are like that originally (ie. YELLOW_CARD), and i can answer that yes, they are like that by default. however, in pes they will always and forever be unnamed_xxxx.adx and so on, no need to ask konami about it.

i mean how brilliant that would be for all the editors, if they were named like crappyliverpoolchants_1.adx. maybe in the next life. :))

Last edited:
i guess what you're pondering if the filenames in fifa pc are like that originally (ie. YELLOW_CARD), and i can answer that yes, they are like that by default. however, in pes they will always and forever be unnamed_xxxx.adx and so on, no need to ask konami about it.

i mean how brilliant that would be for all the editors, if they were named like crappyliverpoolchants_1.adx. maybe in the next life. :))

but somehow they insert those files with a use of some structure and maybe that structure doesnt in the img but it exist somewhere, like in a .excel file or somethin'

Can anyone upload the files in .adx(or .wav) of the commentary names in fifa09? I want to add some names into pes6, which doesn't include the names like Gago, Higuanin and so on.

Can anyboday tell me how to add new .adx files to e_sound(pes6) and make it work? I have added some commentaries, but it doesn't work in the game.

Or could someone tell me how to edit the names appear in the edit mode? I want to replace them.

does anybody know where i can find the commentary file for the player names in fifa 2010??? how can i open it??? i want to insert the fifa player names in pes 2010!

guys,

i have posted a new thread with regards to introducing NG commentary in pes 2010 but it looks as if we have not found a way around decoding PS3/XBOX files??

anyone got any news on this front?

guys,

i have posted a new thread with regards to introducing NG commentary in pes 2010 but it looks as if we have not found a way around decoding PS3/XBOX files??

anyone got any news on this front?

I have also read all topic from another forum about searching for program that converts FIFA NG audio files, but the topic was 1year old, so maybe today there is a way to convert them. The guy who wrote most useful informations was able to extract those files, but converting them was too hard to do.
Maybe nowadays someone wrote/will write a tool for this.

thats kinda what i am hoping for m3ron...we will have to wait and see i guess.

during my countless hours spent searching a way around this i have come across a site called fifakorea which states that it has a commentary patch to download from fifa 07 with martin tyler/andy gray commentary.

now i can confirm that the pc version of fifa 07 had the clive tyldsley/gray commentary and so if they are correct then maybe they have the console version??

needless to say i have downloaded the file and am trying to use biggui to extract the files/convert to wav before converting to adx format.

fairly new to the whole process though so if anyone is a whizz at the process mentioned above then give us a shout!! :) ta

Xbox Backup Creator 2.9, the latest version, you have to make an iso from the game first, then with this tool you can see the real files inside and also extract them. Some guys using this to extract files from the SVR10 xbox game and there the coding is the same as the ps2 versions, lets hope fifa has also the same on 360

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I know this topic has almost died but I'm trying to resusitate this project to get this fifa commentary patch finished.
I've been beevering away on a patch for pes 2010, which includes clive tildsley and andy gray.
So far i have completed 3,840 samples and as you know there are over 10,000 to convert.
The main point I want to get accross is that this project is too large for one person to do, and I feel that it should be undertaken by at least 5 people, all with the task of converting around 2,000 samples each. This way it reduces the boredom factor and keeps us focused with an end product.

I can supply to anyone the required tools and software to start the conversion process.

The tools I'm using are
1 SM09 which is a tool for extracting the commentary from Fifa 09
There are previous versions available for 08 and 07 but I dont have the relevant fifa games for them.

2 AF Explorer 3.7 this I use to play each of pes2010 commentary samples back so I can find the right fifa sample to replace it with. In Pes2010 the commentary can be found in the dt00_e.img folder.

3. Fifa 09 pc game to extract the commentary using SM09

4. Kitserver by robbie and juice to put all the converted samples you've completed in appropriate folder. This helps with playtesting so you can hear the samples in game and they coincide with each other.

5. PES2010 Game.

Now during my trials and tribulations of this project there are many samples that I cannot find to replace. There are quite a few call names that are not in SM09 and therefore need previous or later versions of the fifa game to maybe get these samples.
The best way around this temporary is to replace the relevant samples with a blank sound file. When PES10 is played the missing players call name is not sounded.
We could release it as a beta, work in progress patch untill we can 100% complete all samples.

I cant load all the tools on a website because I dont have broadband, so the only way I can get the files out to anyone is by sending them to your home addresses.

With the announcement of PES2011 in Nov/Dec we have plenty of months left to get this project completed and distributed.

Even playing the game with the 3,800 samples I've done adds an incredible atmosphere to the game, It's brilliant. I wonder if Nack is still out there and would like to contribute seeming that he completed the fantastic commentary patch for PES6. We all know how amazing that patch was!

Anyone interested then please give your comments on this forum!
PES will always be better than FIFA!:WORSHIP:

Hey guys,
I know this topic has almost died but I'm trying to resusitate this project to get this fifa commentary patch finished.
I've been beevering away on a patch for pes 2010, which includes clive tildsley and andy gray.
So far i have completed 3,840 samples and as you know there are over 10,000 to convert.
The main point I want to get accross is that this project is too large for one person to do, and I feel that it should be undertaken by at least 5 people, all with the task of converting around 2,000 samples each. This way it reduces the boredom factor and keeps us focused with an end product.

I can supply to anyone the required tools and software to start the conversion process.

The tools I'm using are
1 SM09 which is a tool for extracting the commentary from Fifa 09
There are previous versions available for 08 and 07 but I dont have the relevant fifa games for them.

2 AF Explorer 3.7 this I use to play each of pes2010 commentary samples back so I can find the right fifa sample to replace it with. In Pes2010 the commentary can be found in the dt00_e.img folder.

3. Fifa 09 pc game to extract the commentary using SM09

4. Kitserver by robbie and juice to put all the converted samples you've completed in appropriate folder. This helps with playtesting so you can hear the samples in game and they coincide with each other.

5. PES2010 Game.

Now during my trials and tribulations of this project there are many samples that I cannot find to replace. There are quite a few call names that are not in SM09 and therefore need previous or later versions of the fifa game to maybe get these samples.
The best way around this temporary is to replace the relevant samples with a blank sound file. When PES10 is played the missing players call name is not sounded.
We could release it as a beta, work in progress patch untill we can 100% complete all samples.

I cant load all the tools on a website because I dont have broadband, so the only way I can get the files out to anyone is by sending them to your home addresses.

With the announcement of PES2011 in Nov/Dec we have plenty of months left to get this project completed and distributed.

Even playing the game with the 3,800 samples I've done adds an incredible atmosphere to the game, It's brilliant. I wonder if Nack is still out there and would like to contribute seeming that he completed the fantastic commentary patch for PES6. We all know how amazing that patch was!

Anyone interested then please give your comments on this forum!
PES will always be better than FIFA!:WORSHIP:

Hey mate I might have free time to help again. Ive quickly mapped the first 220 commentary files. Hopefully you havent done them. Let me know so we dont map the same ones, so we can save time. If you start from one end and I start the other would be easier.

Andy

Hey Pandy be great if you could help, I've done about 4,500 so far I'll let you know the files I've done later tonight on this blog!

I've done all the call names I can although there are some missing, I'll let you know later the sample numbers that are missing. Maybe you can somehow find them by other means. Again weather nacks patch contains them i dont know, but his patch could be extracted and filtered through to get the samples.

As mentioned previously if we ever get round to finishing what we can, we can release it as a beta for everyone to play test, and report back all known problems. We can then rectify any issues that have been reported back.

So I'll let you know later about the samples later round 10.30ish

Hey pandy,
Dont do any of the samples from 1 to 4000 as I've done them.

I've had a quick look at the files that still need doing and was wondering if you could do the following groups of samples:
5078 to 5507
5549 to 5602
5758 to 6147
12275 to 12556

Thats around 1,150 samples.
Is that ok with you?

Once you've completed these then we can send each others samples on a blank disc. While your doing that I'm gonna do 12877 to 13345.
Please dont do anything else apart from the samples i've allocated you above otherwise we'll be doing the same samples as each other.

Please let me know if your okay with this mate?
:CONFUSE:

Sorry for the late reply man. Been busy fixing up my bicycle in time for the summer.

So my task is to map
5078 to 5507
5549 to 5602
5758 to 6147
12275 to 12556

and then replace with Fifa 09 alternatives ?

Let me know matey.

P.S if you can please send the 4000 you have done so I can test etc.
(pm me if you need my address)

Final Note: Ive also done 13779 to 13783 so remember to miss those out.

Pandy

Last edited:
Hey Pandy,
Yes if you could crack on with the samples I've listed would be great!
I'm beevering away on the other samples on and off so getting there very slowly!

Keep us updated on how many and which samples you've done of the list I set you.

Cheers Mate!

Hey Spike

Distracted with other things but will get back onto it this weekend.
So far ive maped the following:

5078 to 5088
5549 to 5602
12275 to 12471
13779 to 13783

Ill try and speed up a bit and do more in a day.

Pandy

Note: As well as maping ive also converted and renamed the fifa comms for 13779 to 13783

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom