Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

HEY ! is anyone still interested in making this fifa commentary patch??if yes reply to my post.I can help by providing sounds, and maybe we can use commentary from real life.I mean only pieces and put them together.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for the ultra late break in updates.
Been working on the Fifa Commentary Patch on and off. I would say the patch is about 85% complete, so far which translates to just over 9,000 samples complete. Theres the odd call name sample here and there that I cant find a fifa equivalent for so will replace with a blank sound sample for the time being.

I'm hoping to release this as an open source beta patch next month for the public to playtest and report any errors.

This project has took far longer than I anticipated and is too bigger job for one person to undertake. The commentary variations in PES2010 have trebled since PES6 and as you all know there are over 13,000 samples to convert as opposed to PES6' 9,000.

I'm really excited at the release of PES2011 in October and can assume that the commentary will be simular to the current version. I wont be doing a Commentary Patch for PES2011 because of the time scale and effort to complete it. I hope other PES fans can combine and undertake the task.

In addition Fifa 11 for PC has been announced and will have the Next Gen Engine of the consoles. Lets hope Konami can inject some fresh originality into the franchise to compete. Commentary wise I think Konami need a fresh set of voices for PES2011 as Champion and Lauro really grate after a while. In my opinion either Jon Motson or Martin Tyler would fair better for the main commentary as for the coverage perhaps Alan Hansen.
What do you guys think?

Anyone intrested on mapping the img file of pes 2011 where the commentary files can be found. Ofcourse after the release.

Ps.: Im not making english commentator, but hungarian...but the mapping is common thing.

Anyone intrested on mapping the img file of pes 2011 where the commentary files can be found. Ofcourse after the release.

Ps.: Im not making english commentator, but hungarian...but the mapping is common thing.

i'm interested for this project , i've made french commentary for pes2010 : http://www.pes-patch.com/2010/07/patch-commentaires-pes-2010-by-tunizizou-v-2.html

And this year , I want to make the same for pes 2011 .

So in first , we need to wait full game ;)

i'm interested for this project , i've made french commentary for pes2010 : http://www.pes-patch.com/2010/07/patch-commentaires-pes-2010-by-tunizizou-v-2.html

And this year , I want to make the same for pes 2011 .

So in first , we need to wait full game ;)

Ill start the job with you IF:
- the pes commentaries are much better(they using team names, more player names in different situation)
- the hungarian fifa commentary is good enough
- theres a way to extract the commentary from fifa :D

Ill start the job with you IF:
- the pes commentaries are much better(they using team names, more player names in different situation)

Yes , team names this year !! confirmed! ("barcelona vs real madrid" in intro of the match , etcc ..)

- the hungarian fifa commentary is good enough
don't know but french YES

- theres a way to extract the commentary from fifa :D

I think that there is a way because this year lot of people are working on editing FIFA 11 , like Modding way team and Master Ariel

I think that there is a way because this year lot of people are working on editing FIFA 11 , like Modding way team and Master Ariel

There should be a way as all the data you're looking for are in .big format. So technically, it could be exactly the same as older FIFA pc versions. Of course, you might have to wait up-to-date .big-tools, but in the meantime, do try the ones linked in this very thread. Could just work, you know...

Someone might want to check WENB's editing thread, I remember there's one guy who has talked earlier about porting english comms to pes.

But I'd say it's going to be hard work anyway, I know from experience, so good luck.

If you can gather a big group, here's a top tip for you: Forget about writing any messy txt map files, do folders to your comp instead, and name the folders like "keeper save - corner" etc. Once you come up with loads of folders and fit names for them, then it's just copy-paste method all the way through.

Think about it. You might find this method useful or a lot faster anyway.

Last edited:
There should be a way as all the data you're looking for are in .big format. So technically, it could be exactly the same as older FIFA pc versions. Of course, you might have to wait up-to-date .big-tools, but in the meantime, do try the ones linked in this very thread. Could just work, you know...

Someone might want to check WENB's editing thread, I remember there's one guy who has talked earlier about porting english comms to pes.

But I'd say it's going to be hard work anyway, I know from experience, so good luck.

If you can gather a big group, here's a top tip for you: Forget about writing any messy txt map files, do folders to your comp instead, and name the folders like "keeper save - corner" etc. Once you come up with loads of folders and fit names for them, then it's just copy-paste method all the way through.

Think about it. You might find this method useful or a lot faster anyway.

I did both last year :D

Amairi:
So...i have the dt00_e.img. Lets get mapping :) You can download it from the editing section.
First thing first, lets find where starts the commentary and the co-commentary files and callnames.
Then forget the callnames, someone will do a map of them, im sure.
And at last, i'll start the mapping from the last commentary file and you'll from the first, if its ok for you. And first work on the main commentary, im going to that, just after that comes the co-commentary for me :)

ps: You dont have to write the exact lines...just like this example:
2030-2056 corner

Well, the old bigGUI doesn't open FIFA11 .big files (from the demo). "Invalid header" it says.

But there should be a way soon, if there isn't one already.

Well, the old bigGUI doesn't open FIFA11 .big files (from the demo). "Invalid header" it says.

But there should be a way soon, if there isn't one already.

Yes , bigGUI , Dragon UnPACKer 5 and big extractor don"t work ... we need new fifa11 commentaries for PES !... so let's search a tool for extract files :COOL:

Last edited:
Ok I have found a converter which converts dat to wav, you have to use it thru cmd, but it is quite easy to make a batch file. I have FIFA 09 & 07 so there is no problems extracting and converting the audio. It will just take a lot of work.
Here's the converter & BIGGUI which you use to extract the dat files from the big file + an example of a dat & wav file conversion

http://rapidshare.com/files/159071492/dat_converter.rar

How do you use this tool ? someone can explain method to convert .dat file to .wav ?

and the commande "sx -wave -.wav *.dat" doon't work ...

PS : i want to convert all .dat file :)

Last edited:
This patch will mean so much so PES2011 fans!
Thanks so much for all your hard work and effort.
Can't wait to play PES2011 with great commenntary!

Back
Top Bottom