Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

hey andy pandy, can you post the files which spikehog has given you to filefront? cause i pretty well much need them!

Hey All!
Glad you received the cd's pandy, hope they will help you a little!

I'll get started on the call names then, and should have them finished in the next couple of weeks!
Again I'll get them posted off to you once completed for you to upload for the other lads!
I know its going off the forums principles a little bit but anyone see the Barca v Chelsea match last night, That ref should have gone to spec savers! But you know what they say uefa are getting embarassed that there would be two english clubs in a european final yet again, which pretty much shows up the european clubs!
Was it pre fixed? I dont know!!

Cant wait for pandy to complete the patch overall! Even playing the game with the 2,000 samples I did brought an entirely new atmosphere to an already incredible game, so once all 10,000 are done its gonna be awesome!
The pes original commentary is naff and Tildsley for me is the ultimate football commentator, along with Gray!

Once the patch is complete, does anyone know which files contain the text at the start of the game?
The text that says "Commentary by John Champion and Mark Laurenson"
This text will have to be changed obviously to Clive Tildsley and Andy Gray.
Anyone know then please post, as Pandy can include the altered file along with the rest of the modded files!

Hey All!
Glad you received the cd's pandy, hope they will help you a little!

I'll get started on the call names then, and should have them finished in the next couple of weeks!
Again I'll get them posted off to you once completed for you to upload for the other lads!
I know its going off the forums principles a little bit but anyone see the Barca v Chelsea match last night, That ref should have gone to spec savers! But you know what they say uefa are getting embarassed that there would be two english clubs in a european final yet again, which pretty much shows up the european clubs!
Was it pre fixed? I dont know!!

Cant wait for pandy to complete the patch overall! Even playing the game with the 2,000 samples I did brought an entirely new atmosphere to an already incredible game, so once all 10,000 are done its gonna be awesome!
The pes original commentary is naff and Tildsley for me is the ultimate football commentator, along with Gray!

Once the patch is complete, does anyone know which files contain the text at the start of the game?
The text that says "Commentary by John Champion and Mark Laurenson"
This text will have to be changed obviously to Clive Tildsley and Andy Gray.
Anyone know then please post, as Pandy can include the altered file along with the rest of the modded files!

Glad to hear you'll be workin on the player name calls mate that helps me alot. On your last part im already a step ahead of you :P managed to get a program that you casn alter the text in that part. Ill include the new file if/when the patch is completed.

Andy

ya know the ref was smuggled outta country by police because of death threats?
appaling chelsea they should be banned next year from europe

Fantastic Stuff Pandy! Thats that problem resolved then!
:COOL:
I know its going off the topic slightly but does anyone know what Konami have got in store for Commentary duties on PES2010?

I really liked the way that Konami thought of us modders this time around by seperating the Folders into more managable files! Hope they do the same for pes2010.
It was far less hassle knowing that the menus and icons were all in a dedicated folder!
If only the commentary could be mapped by them into the txt of the actual words spoken!
Imagine how much easier it would be to do a fifa commentary patch then, instead of trawling through all those unamed_ files!

No doubt EA have bought the rights for Fifa including Tildsley and co till the end of time!

well, konami hasn't really said anything about commentary, so i guess nothing will change. there are a lot of phrases not used and they will just edit the exe in order to use these "new" phrases. so, champion as it is right now and third set of lawrenson is my guess, although in the ideal world champion would go to konami and record some teamname comms, at least for teams in UCL and UEFA cup (or whatever it's gonna be called).

but all this is guessing. i'm still hoping konami would bring craig burley to co-commentate and with better producing, of course. but it's so easy to wish things like that. i mean, people can say "yeah, bring him on", but it might just be the case that no-one's interested in commentating in any kind of game, good or bad.

:SMUG:
Hey Pandy, I've just completed the first 1,379 of the call name samples. This does include the first 250 or so samples I sent to you on the disc, so essentially I've done 1,100 odd. There are over a hundred call names that I could not find in sound master 09 so I've replaced them with a blank wav sound for now. Maybe you can find them on commentary master 08 although you will need the fifa 08 game to do this.
Obviously in game, the blank wav sounds overide champions commentary with no sound for the odd call name, which you cant detect when the game is in full swing. I believe Nack had to opt for this method when he did his commentary patch which is understandable. However as mentioned you might be able to rip some from fifa 08.
Once I've done what I can on the call names I'll include a txt file indicating the missing names, which I'll get out to you on disc!
Tomorrow night I'll start on the secondry call names.:YAWN:

:SMUG:
Hey Pandy, I've just completed the first 1,379 of the call name samples. This does include the first 250 or so samples I sent to you on the disc, so essentially I've done 1,100 odd. There are over a hundred call names that I could not find in sound master 09 so I've replaced them with a blank wav sound for now. Maybe you can find them on commentary master 08 although you will need the fifa 08 game to do this.
Obviously in game, the blank wav sounds overide champions commentary with no sound for the odd call name, which you cant detect when the game is in full swing. I believe Nack had to opt for this method when he did his commentary patch which is understandable. However as mentioned you might be able to rip some from fifa 08.
Once I've done what I can on the call names I'll include a txt file indicating the missing names, which I'll get out to you on disc!
Tomorrow night I'll start on the secondry call names.:YAWN:

Thats brilliant mate, seems you've been hard at work. Unfortunately for me there is alot of specific comments from Mark Lawrenceson that doesnt seem to be replaceable. Which means there might end up being alot less commentary in the game.

Andy

Hey Pandy!
I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I was wondering If you could send me any fifa commentary files that you've downloaded, and also any files that you've ripped from say fifa 08/07 and even the champions league game, I'm sure someone uploaded them for download.
The reason I ask this is that I would like to get everything prepared for doing a possible commentary patch for pes 2010 when its released!
This way I could get straight into it, and possibly have a release for xmas 09. This is bearing in mind that Konami will be releasing the game in October!
As to the current call names progress I'm up to 1,550 ish. I should have them finished at the weekend ready to post out to you on Monday!
Again as mentioned if you could send me all the files you have on a cd-r/dvd-r, as downloading would be out of the question!

Hi, im almost done my fifa com patch for hungarian languague but theres a prob with the main commentary. Hes talking about the penaltys while you choose the order of the players whos gonna shoot...and ive changed EVERYTHING and its still the pes commentary whos talking during that. Anyone can help?

The problem that kitsever no longer works means im no longer working on the patch. copying the edited sound files directly into the pes image files just slows the game down and loops sound files so no point goin back down that road. Ill wait untill maybe someone comes up with a new kitserver or there abouts.

Andy.

gabe, I appreciate your work, but if would be better if you can answer or these 2 questions that I think are "dramatically":
-Which commentary of FIFA will be imported ? The PC version commentary or NG one ?
-When this patch will be released ? I KNOW it's a lot of work into it, no doubt about it, but in 3 Months PES 2010 is coming, and I'm sure PES 2010 commentary will be better than FIFA 09 PC one (I don't know but I have a feeling the ported commentary will be the PC version of FIFA).

gabe, I appreciate your work, but if would be better if you can answer or these 2 questions that I think are "dramatically":
-Which commentary of FIFA will be imported ? The PC version commentary or NG one ?
-When this patch will be released ? I KNOW it's a lot of work into it, no doubt about it, but in 3 Months PES 2010 is coming, and I'm sure PES 2010 commentary will be better than FIFA 09 PC one (I don't know but I have a feeling the ported commentary will be the PC version of FIFA).

Sorry but i dont make english commentary, i only translate to my own language. By the way what its "NG" version?

NG = Next-Gen.
FIFA is next-gen on PS3 and Xbox360.
CG = Current-Gen
FIFA is Current-Gen on PS2.PC,PSP and Wii.

fifa commentary patch has been ready for years, it's for PES6, and it's brilliant. check it out. :BYE:

guys pls this could be the patch of the year, great idea....How much is gone take?I can't wait till is done:WORSHIP::APPLAUD: pes 09 rocks!!!
If someone has this commentary patch please upload it somewhere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom