Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

that actually is quite rare, to think about it: in the intro, and half-time, and in the end, and even then, only maybe. when i gave it some thinking, i thought only the intro might have to be looked into. "mark lawrenson is sitting here alongside me" or something...

i would have used only the samples, where andy isn't speaking directly to "clive", and problem solved, and changed those rare ones, where jon is speaking to mark.

Hi guys...not been on here for a while. Good to see others looking to convert the commentary. It's a tough long job. I no longer have any of the data I had for PES5 + PES6. The one for PES6 was a joint project between myself and Nack22.

Nack actually wrote a little program which extracted and converted all the player call names which saved a huge amount of time. He also provided about 1500 converted comments and I did the other roughly 3500-4000 comments. It wasn't all fully converted. The rest of the slots were filled with blank adx files.

Your all on the right track tho. Unfortunately I no longer have the time to mod and stopped doing stuff after PES6. If Nack is doing the commentary for the PC version then it should be compatible with all versions. But he would be a good person to start with.

The other ones were just a case of replacing the whole commentary file with the modded one. The one file worked on PS2, PC, and I think XBOX.

good luck folks

Hi, yea, it's a pity we can't use the crappy PC version of FIFA. We could use the sounds that NACK used, from the PES6 patch, but obviously they're older. I think it's Motson and Gray.

Are you sure that while the gameplay of PC FIFA is diff., the commentary isn't the same as the console version? I'd be surprised if they recorded 2 sets of commentary.

Anyway, it seems some people are interested, though I'm not sure if it is enough to make the job easy enough.

Pretty sure the PC Fifa 09 Commentary is inferior to the NG consoles version. It's lacking in polish and attention to detail, a bit like the rest of the game. I really don't see the point in porting the PC Fifa commentary over. Now, if someone could figure out how to get the NG commentary, different story!

ill make a fifa commentary with hungarian lenguage, ive started to map the rs0e but trust me the pes commantary is 1000times better so theres no point to replace english with english

i can certainly understand that view of this whole thing not making sense. I balance all the time on "no way" and "maybe" about this. on tuesdays i might think, well, that andy gray would just be great to have in pes. on wednesdays i think i just can't be bothered.

i will release this map thing now, it has gone ahead a bit since last time. started by gabe.paul.logan and updated by me. i've updated only some lawro parts. i won't continue for a while. maybe never again, but who knows? i have certain ideas, but they might not concern this version of pes. or do they? :))

http://files.filefront.com/rs0e+e+maptxt/;13394127;/fileinfo.html

i've put our files together, and would you believe it: added some lawro stuff at the same time, just to honour gabe's comeback, and indeed, his fantastic input. or output? dunno which one. all the same really.

concerning co-commentator mapping, there are still the halftime and end of match talk plus the substitutions talk left (about 1050)

any help would be appreciated, of course. every little bit helps. just tell beforehand, if you're doing something, so that people aren't doing the same things.

And one final note, if someone wants to sort out the lawrenson stuff, no need to describe as precisely as i have. on hindsight, i've probably done way too much work with what i've done. it is just the way i chose to do it, and i've stuck with it.

here it is: http://files.filefront.com/rs0e+02+03+2009txt/;13397102;/fileinfo.html

Ill do then the main commentary, then continue with the callnames...but maybe its unnecessary to make a list about the callnames

Last edited:
well, at least callnames could be in a separate file. probably would be nicer that way. and maybe they're not important at all. it's your call, gabe.

and now i've done also numbers 7784-7837, which is basically lawro before extra time and before penalties. now i'm really going to put halt to this. i have some other pretty important things to do.

Last edited:
i just keep getting back from retirement. :)) i knew that it would be fast to check the tactical changes and substitutions, so i kind of did them too. to me, i might be wrong, lawro have ever used two sentences in-game:

7378 "no surprise he's coming off, he's been out of form in my opinion, he's not happy himself either."

and 7379 "he's been taken off and he can't have any complaints about it, wasn't having the best of days out there."

so consider 7236-7419 pretty much done. although it isn't really, but i'd say don't bother. because otherwise it is always champion wondering how these changes will affect the game.

so from lawro parts there are 7420-7784 and 7838-8280 undone. which makes about 808 samples left. it would be great if someone helped with those, for now i'm retiring for a while. and i mean it this time.

final upload from me (too many uploads already, sorry): http://files.filefront.com/rs0e+0203finaletxt/;13398887;/fileinfo.html

great, well u already did a great job, this could be another 4 weeks for me

thank u, ill give credit to you when the hungarian fifacomm patch is ready:D

good luck with the hungarian patch, gabe. sounds like a very ambitious project. :)) shame i can't help as i don't know a single word of hungarian. some say that finnish and hungarian are some kind of relative languages officially, but i think they're just winding us up. :COOL:

and here are the co-comms. not all of them, but i did a few more (meaning about 350) to mourn the death of Filefront. well not death as such, but a great loss anyway.

however, i'm releasing this edition now, as i don't see myself getting back to it any time soon. maybe the added information concerning half-time talk by lawro is useful to gabe's hungarian patch, if nothing else.

note. there might be some secret language used. in those cases it is just me using some secret language. But the numbers AFTER various lines in the early parts of the document is me trying to single out some keyphrases. so it very well might be that if one replaces only those comms (numbers) the result would be pretty good anyway. however, this is not certainty, it's only a theory. if anone has questions concerning this, be no afraid to ask, the only danger is that i might answer. if i'm in the mood, that is.

link: http://www.speedyshare.com/777495802.html

and finally, well done to gabe for finishing the main comms.

so now about 3 weeks later, is anyone doing anything?
i might be able to help as i did a sound patch for the menu's and i have my own patch aswell but i dont have a lot of time to do this stuff - 1.30 hours a day... maybe a bit more at a push

well, i saw that someone has done italian fifa comm patch, although i believe it uses italian pes comms as a base. as it should, actually. No point using rs0e_e for it. I don't know about that too much though, but saw it in gamingaccess, could be worth a try anyway.

Also i think it's safe to say that full english comm patch from fifa hasn't been alive for months.

i've been doing slowly but surely "lawro is substituted for gray" -patch with very encouraging results. i've found that my focusing only on keyphrases on missed opportunities is working just as i was hoping it would. i've replaced about 200 phrases out of 500 about missed opportunies and it has completely erased lawro. :BOP:

i've sort of remastered gray samples volume-wise so that they would sit together with champion a bit better and it is quite alright. it's not perfect, but it's ok. i've revised also some champion comms and replaced some of them fully and some of them partly. some of it has turned out to be quite cool, lets co-commentator have a few words every now and then. replacing champion comms is possible only 'cos of gabe's mapping, so thanks to him.

maybe one day it'll be finished. will it be released? dunno. i think most of pes fans are quite tired of fifa pc comms anyway or so it seems from what i've read. i'm doing this for fun, so i don't really care what others think. if i released it, it would still go to june or even july, or, even before but without the end of match comms... maybe i'll release "make your own andy gray commentary patch" -patch in order to give the community a chance to develop it, when i can't be bothered anymore. :))

sorry for my english.

well, i saw that someone has done italian fifa comm patch, although i believe it uses italian pes comms as a base. as it should, actually. No point using rs0e_e for it. I don't know about that too much though, but saw it in gamingaccess, could be worth a try anyway.

Also i think it's safe to say that full english comm patch from fifa hasn't been alive for months.

i've been doing slowly but surely "lawro is substituted for gray" -patch with very encouraging results. i've found that my focusing only on keyphrases on missed opportunities is working just as i was hoping it would. i've replaced about 200 phrases out of 500 about missed opportunies and it has completely erased lawro. :BOP:

i've sort of remastered gray samples volume-wise so that they would sit together with champion a bit better and it is quite alright. it's not perfect, but it's ok. i've revised also some champion comms and replaced some of them fully and some of them partly. some of it has turned out to be quite cool, lets co-commentator have a few words every now and then. replacing champion comms is possible only 'cos of gabe's mapping, so thanks to him.

maybe one day it'll be finished. will it be released? dunno. i think most of pes fans are quite tired of fifa pc comms anyway or so it seems from what i've read. i'm doing this for fun, so i don't really care what others think. if i released it, it would still go to june or even july, or, even before but without the end of match comms... maybe i'll release "make your own andy gray commentary patch" -patch in order to give the community a chance to develop it, when i can't be bothered anymore. :))

sorry for my english.

Oh Well...
Pity about that maybe we should just wait for pes 2010 and hope they get new commentary!
btw your english is fine!:OOOH:

puuro, is there anything i can do to help you with it all?
i have quite a few fifa titles for pc!
if you could tell me how to rip them off the disk maybe i could do something!

puuro, is there anything i can do to help you with it all?
i have quite a few fifa titles for pc!
if you could tell me how to rip them off the disk maybe i could do something!

I'm obviously delighted that you've offered your help. :)) There are few things one can do. (however, i would advise everyone to read this post fully to a closing statement before doing anything hastily)

1) for instance, map the rest of lawro remaining (unnamed_7838-unnamed_8280). i should warn that it can be extremely boring so one should take all the sharp things close to computer and place them in the kitchen so that... well...

or

2) well, as i don't have the end of match comms by mr gray with me where i'm sitting right now (i live in two places), you could take older fifa titles (meaning 06-08 and older ones, as gray have commentated in fifa even earlier) and rip the comms, and search the end of match comms and upload those somewhere (as .wav files) and send a link to me by pm. no use for anyone else, i think. the actual ripping process i can't remember at this very moment, so i'll get to that later, if necessary. but please, read on.

however, concerning that number 2, i'm bit doubtful that it's going to be of any use, 'cos at least in fifa 09 there aren't too much of end of match comms. and by end of match comms i mean something like "they were just a better team and it showed here" or "they really wiped the floor with them, they were absolutely useless". one place to search those older ones would be nack's fifa comm patches for older pes games. it actually could be more fruitful than searching from fifa 06-08, can't really remember how was it as i was doing it quite a while ago.

but then again, although it could speed up the process, i'm not sure if it makes sense to put someone to do something i've already done, but 'cos of my thoughtlessness i forgot them somewhere else. so that mapping thing (1) would make more sense in a way at the moment.

i can't think of any other way to help right now. the process is so damn complicated as now i'm probably doing something that could make things easier in the future if this kind of patch really is needed then. if konami play their cards right, lawro could actually sound quite alright in pes2010.

the other issue i'd point out, like gabe has already said so many times: there are very few fifa comms compared to pes. now, while this remark is unfounded in most situations when it comes to co-commentator samples, one thing where it is so true, is the goal comms. in a way, it is sort of an anti-climax: on missed opportunities mr gray can be just so brilliant with his "that's what separates the best from the rest" -phrases, but after the goals, in order to avoid too much repeating, you end up using short phrases like "oh stunning goal" and that might be it.

so, one has to really weigh up the options: shall i help this poor sod with no life to finish a patch that might not be exactly something i've always hoped for, or, shall i just play the game with spanish comms or the comms turned off...? :))

if anyone is still after all this willing to help, i'll try to help with proceedings, of course. :))

------------------------

sorry for my english (and by "my english" i mean more of its general tediousness and poshness and the clear fact that it hasn't got any flow what-so-ever)

well, if you want to know just for fun how to rip comm files and probably some other sound files from fifa and convert them to .wav, read the posts #14 (dat converter link) and #58 (for explanation how to use those converters) in this thread. there might also be a way of using fifamaster programs by rinaldo or someone called like that, but those i don't really know much about.

BUT now i'm a bit wiser about this. so actually, i DON'T need comms from fifa07 or 08. but i would definitely be interested in comms from 06 but ONLY if it hadn't the team-related commentary yet. can't remember when EA started to use that style of comms. if you happen to have 2006 version, can you enlighten me about this thing before actually doing anything?

by team-related commentary i mean things like "rooney shouldn't have missed that" or "man united's been impressive today, they really have"... so was it generic or not so generic in 06?

and, while i'm on a subject, do older fifas have announcer after goals for example? bit off-topic, but it would be actually quite cool to replace pes' japanese announcer to something with more european intonation... an idea for patch, anyone can use this idea. i don't take royalties. :))

Last edited:
i'm not sure about the older fifa's but i have fifa 09 - if you could tell me where they are located, i could rip them off for you.

Back
Top Bottom