Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

Here i only did 40 last night to make a start.I got back this evening knackered and it was the last thing i felt like doing but got it up to 100.Sorry for slow progress but i have a baby girl to look after.I do have a few windows of spare time comming up so expect an increase in speed.I must say im quite surprised at the amount of variations of the same comment as when i play pes he seems to repeat the same commentary over and over.Some of the things ive heard ive never come across when playing.

Yeah I noticed that too, there are sometimes 5 variations of the same comment, and a lot of the time the same comment is repeated. For example the first leg of a final, I have heard the same comment in about 4 different locations.

@ruyandre

I told you I posted the converter on the first page. Have you even read this thread?:BLINK:

Hey people even i would like to help..even i want fifa 's commentary to be completly decoded into pes 2009..so How far has the progress been made

Sorry I uploaded the FIFA 09 PC commentary already converted into wav format. But I think we need to keep mapping the PES09 commentary for now. And the player names.... thats another story. I think we should leave them until last, as they will be the most time consuming. Anyone agree with me here?

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/159326198/Extracted_Sound.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159341871/Extracted_Sound.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159365114/Extracted_Sound.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/159395360/Extracted_Sound.part4.rar

They are all Trafficshare downloads, so you won't have to wait to download each part

If anyone wants to help we need to complete the mapping of the commentary files. I have start from 3400 or so, where gabe finished off. Someone else started from 6000, so if anyone is interested in helping, they should start mapping from 8000 or so :)

is there any way in which we can link up special player comments coz fifa 2009 has special player specific comments too..man if someone can figure out how to do that ..that would be awesome..and guys we can get the champions leauge commentary from Ea sports uefa Champiuons Leauge 2006-07 for pes 2009..

I hope this gets finished cos i've got the fifa patch on my old pes 5 on the xbox and that is great. the new pes com is awful, Mark L sounds like a 5 year old reading a book.

Hey guys i have extracted the commentary files of uefa champions leauge 06-07 by Ea Sports and it has "champions Leauge commentary" which can be replaced in pes 2009...

Hey guys i have also extracted the Ea Radio audio files (uefa Champions LEauge 2004-05) which had all the comments ..it has comments related to champions leauge too...i think they can be used too

this is all great, id be up for helping too, just i have very limited time. but if i can i'll help.
if anyone comes across or finds where the goal celebration sound is located whilst doing this thatd be awesome, i searched for ages to find it in the Cs0d.img went all the way through and couldnt find it.
i want to patch in a better celebration sound but i have no idea where the sound is located! i have the extreme emotion patch for PES 6 so was going to use the sounds from that.

Hey guys i have also extracted the Ea Radio audio files (uefa Champions LEauge 2004-05) which had all the comments ..it has comments related to champions leauge too...i think they can be used too

Can you upload it? And do they use the same commentators as in FIFA09 PC? Clyde and Andy?

The project has barely progressed, mapping isn't done yet. No ETA for completion. Its done when its done.

No Italian commentaries, since no one involved in the project has access to Italian commentaries or understand Italian.

The project has barely progressed, mapping isn't done yet. No ETA for completion. Its done when its done.

I havent really had anytime to map anymore of the commentary files recently. And with December just around the corner, it looks like I will not get much time at all :( ETA 2010 ;) especially if we don't get more people helping. What happened to the guy who started this thread?

i'll help!

only i can only do little a couple of times a week, but every little helps right?

Last edited:
I don't want to listen to the FIFA PC commentary it makes me angry because I've been buying same old FIFA since 06 and its making me sick.
Infact a few weeks ago I uninstalled FIFA 09 cos its plain junk.
PES 2009 RULES its the best footy game on the PC!

I understand you've barely started was just asking out of curiousness. I have alot of free time myself as im a self employed window cleaner. So if there is any way I could help further the campaign then let me know guys.

Andy :D

Any news on this guys? i myself have been wondering about commentary, i can extract any commentary sound i want from fifa 08 into wav format and use dkz studio to convert to adx, perhaps i could give a helping hand but not sure to what extent i can.

i tested some time ago if it was possible to change lawrenson to gray, but the thing is that i didn't manage to get the older gray samples into correct adx format (frequencies and bits or whatever), and the volume was pretty poor also. thought the whole thing was pretty useless.

i used the old pes fifa commentary files by nack22, but i sincerely do believe that everyone interested should really forget it.

but if someone could rip the samples with good quality from older fifas, then it might still be on, but i doubt it. i'd wait for pes 2010 first, and see if konami change lawrenson to, let's say, that scottish bloke who has worked with champion, then that would be just amazing...

Craig Burley it is actually.

Last edited:
well, i could give you a map, which is originally compiled by gabe.paul.logan, but updated by me for most of the co-commentator in pes. but i think even after that you'd better forget it. but it won't hurt you, if you had a look, i guess...

where do you want it, does that msn e-mail of yours work?

LMAO, hey mate everything is hard to read when doing this stuff xD, both in making little sense, and my eyes are about to fall out of my head from strain xD.

And you can add me if you want, a litte bit of convo about this process and the like should make it easier, and generally talking about progress and what can be changed etc. etc.

BTW, fantastic edit to that file, its much much much better than before, at least now i have a better idea what i can replace.

Last edited:
my parts may have some spelling issues, but that's because i'm not a native english speaker. i used more precise way of describing, as i only dreamt about replacing lawrenson, for i actually like champion's commentary.

and now one can actually see the most used commentary in PES a bit easier, for the sake of testing, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom