Fifa Commentary patch - group effort?

thanks but no thanks, i've got those comms already. b8hoven has uploaded the 09 comms earlier and the links are somewhere in this thread.

lately i've been going through some non-generic stuff from 09 comms to see if i could change them to more generic by removing names, and i've got now few more phrases that way. most of the non-generic stuff are naturally useless, but fortunately there are some quite brilliant phrases even. not that it makes any difference to anything at the end of the day :))

now it's just bye bye, at least for a while. :BYE:

Last edited:
that's a lovely idea. have never heard mccoist in real life commentary let alone in fifa, but he must sound fantastic, being a scot and all that... everyone must have heard motson, don't know about his quality in game comms though. but all i can say is good luck. i understood they were long-term commentators in fifa games, so enough material should be out there.

by the way, how come anyone hasn't done brackley/brooking comms for these newer pes games? baffles me. they were bloody marvellous. peter brackley, the most original voice of football, forget motsons and tylers, give me a good old brackley, and i'd watch any game. true story. :))

i wasn't really serious about that brackley/brooking thing. that was just me talking off my head. some call it irony, i call it "trying to be dead funny". but it seems it always backfires. :)) it might be something in my looks or the way i walk that people seem to think i'm not supposed to tell jokes. maybe i, being myself and all the rest of it, am the biggest joke of 'em all, so every joke i try to tell can't really do anything but be disappointing. not worth all the hype, in a way. i don't know...

:COAT:

you can do whatever you like, you don't need any permissions from anyone. free world, if you like. looking forward to your motson/mccoist patch already. when is it ready? where's the download link? :))

just remember to play the game itself at least occasionally, as modding is overrated. ;)

you can do whatever you like, you don't need any permissions from anyone. free world, if you like. looking forward to your motson/mccoist patch already. when is it ready? where's the download link? :))

just remember to play the game itself at least occasionally, as modding is overrated. ;)

What i mean't though is will any1 be interested in it?

read the posts 14 and 58 by b8hoven. that's how to convert them to wav. it's a two-step procedure. his dat-converter pack includes all the software you'll need.

and after that when you have lots of wave files, i recommend you use dkz studio's multiple files converter to convert them to adx, it's the easiest and the quickest.

except, to think of it, it might not work out with dkz studio as the default files in fifa aren't 24000khz 16-bit mono. it may work, but don't be surprised if it doesn't... then you might have a problem, and you'll probably have to contact to houston, 'cos i don't have a quick fix for that.

hopefully it works though.

except that i use vista and when i do what b8hoven says in post 58, it says program has stopped working.
i tried it 3 times and still same - what do you think i should do?

except that i use vista and when i do what b8hoven says in post 58, it says program has stopped working.
i tried it 3 times and still same - what do you think i should do?

its ok now - i just used my other computer which has xp runing on it and they are converted! :APPLAUD:

all i need to do now is transfer them back on USB 1.1!!! :PIG:

i've converted and now its the painstaking part of putting it into pes.
this is for 2009 by the way.
if enough people want it for pes 5 i will do it.

for 2009? lovely stuff.

you should remember a few things. in most commentary, to my experience, file's length (in time) is very important. you shouldn't replace original comm file with longer file in order to get the best result. there are probably few exceptions to this, and i can actually talk only about the co-commentary. for example, you don't have to care about halftime talk by lawro, you can replace files just as you wish, they will play however long the new mccoist comm is.

and only putting the files to kitserver's cs0d.img in order to test doesn't work properly, unfortunately. so to test your work you should use afs explorer to import the new files to the original rs0e_e.img. this make things a bit messy, as you probably have to rename the files to unnamed_xxxx.adx so that you can import them. although i'm not too sure about this, i may be wrong. so you'll end up files in 2 different folders and probably even 3, with one folder for renaming the files with a specialized software (i use bulk renaming utility, which i believe is pretty fantastic, once you get the hang of it). you should think for few seconds about your methods.

and with afs explorer you must always rebuild the file when it asks it. i noticed this being extremely important, because it might be that some of the original comms aren't replaced, if you don't rebuild the file.

may it just be pointed out that i'm not the most experienced about commentary modding, but having done about 50% of my patch i'd like to think i have some knowledge... :))

i'll be posting a beta version probably with about half done sometime this may - then when i have completed it - i suspect about june/july - i will charge money for it - i will give a free version to any1 who helps me out i.e. puuro to start with

now that's what i call a wrong move. don't even try to make money out of modding (i think it's against the rules, written or unwritten, anyway), just forget the whole thing and move on. even if this wasn't necessarily "a legal minefield", ethically it surely is a minefield for, like, hundreds of reasons. well, probably not hundreds, but quite a many anyway. reminds me of proevolutipatch or something like that.

modding is a hobby, and so it should remain. i actually feel that this thread should be locked, as the original project is dead anyway. i'll use my own thread from now on, if i feel any need for it.

:BYE: :BYE:

you mean by using afs to open the image files and replacing the individual commentray files ? If so once you've finished making the new commentray files im more than willing to help do this.

Andy.

you mean by using afs to open the image files and replacing the individual commentray files ? If so once you've finished making the new commentray files im more than willing to help do this.

Andy.

i've got them all converted to adx format - all i need is to put them into pes - but i have a problem is because there is 10,000 + files in pes and i have 5000+ files to put in so i will have to replace some with blank comm files! anyway do you want me to post them on filefront/rapidshare/megaupload?

Back
Top Bottom