Become a Legend: Discussion Thread

So you guys dont get those red exp in your bar after matches ? It just bugs me how fast your growth flats out, whilst you see young players like rooney reaching godlike levels of ability at age 24 and you're still crap .
I found that after a couple of seasons, you'll only get match exp when you play tough matches, matches against big clubs or have a good rating (7 and above).

Guys i need some help..

I just finished my first season in BAL mode..I am currently with New Castle.I chose to be a AMF but i never get that position.when ever i go for a match its always a training match.I have not played a single match yet.So i always skip matches and just gain exp..So will this make any difference?
Any tips how to make it to the bench or the regular?

N what do you do with the salary?I currently draw 320..So is it for show or does it have some use?

Thanx!!!

Salary is just for show... and you'll never play matches if you keep skipping them :) You'll have to be a sub,.. prove yourself in the given time and you'll be a regular :)

One of the worst features of BaL is the stupid coach who will play you out of your position. I'm into my seventh season now, chose CF as my preferred position in the first season. Now I can play DMF, CMF, AMF, WF and CF. Most people would be happy to be able to play many positions, but I just wanna be a CF. It gets worse during the negotiation periods, as clubs are now starting to offer me CMF & SMF instead of CF.

I guess this happens because they mixed the streghtening of passing and shooting (kicking technique and power) instead of making it two different things. Even though I'm a CF all my passing stats are now above 80, which is quite high.

They should implement more interaction between us and the manager, team or media instead of just next match next match skip match next match. I'm still having fun playing this mode but I don't think I will make it to the age of 30.

I've noticed a lot of games now that I don't get match experience points. Seems a bit pointless playing the match if I only get strength points that I would get anyway even if I skipped the game.
It also annoys me that the CPU chooses my arrow at the beginning and it affects my players reaction, etc. After a man of the match performance, I expect at least an orange arrow for the next game, but more often than not it's blue or purple.

Can i get some tips as to what is to be done in the training matches to get to the bench?

Cause my player is so weak, In the training matches,Other players easily take away the ball from me and are way faster than me..So how do i prove myself?

Thanx!!!

Can i get some tips as to what is to be done in the training matches to get to the bench?

Cause my player is so weak, In the training matches,Other players easily take away the ball from me and are way faster than me..So how do i prove myself?

Thanx!!!
What position are you playing as?

Generally what you should do in training matches is to... uhh.. impress the manager by getting a good rating. Generally if you're a midfielder just pass the ball around as getting a high pass completion percentage seems to help get good ratings. If you're a striker, shots on goal will boot your rating.

Remember to use your streghten points.

What position are you playing as?

Generally what you should do in training matches is to... uhh.. impress the manager by getting a good rating. Generally if you're a midfielder just pass the ball around as getting a high pass completion percentage seems to help get good ratings. If you're a striker, shots on goal will boot your rating.

Remember to use your streghten points.

Don't run to much,.. go to the first post with corners. Don't run after defenders, it's no use in the beginning (when you SS or CF).
Just try to make 1-2 passes and shoot whenever you can :P

Well i chose to be a AMF but i always get CMF position..I always pass the ball when i get it or play Air through balls for the strikers,Try to run a bit dodging defenders and get in striking position and Bam lose the ball due to the speed of the opposite team players.

So where do i see my rating after each training match?

is it me or does your team not score when you are on the bench? I signed for chelsea they are ranked 1st, won CL and everything year before, Im on the bench a few games in a row and they just DONT score on their own its always you that has to score??? WTF? even when I play and get taken off in the 70th, they just never score on their own its so unrealistic....also.....why do my teammates do the DUMBEST shit ever? Defender has the ball in the box...he turns towards the inside of the box and tries to make a pass, or the classic "hi, im a defender, i think ill just walk into the opposition with the ball without attempting a pass"....or "hmm, i have the ball, 5 guys open, nah ill just walk until they take the ball from me" WTF!!!!! so fucking gay

is it me or does your team not score when you are on the bench? I signed for chelsea they are ranked 1st, won CL and everything year before, Im on the bench a few games in a row and they just DONT score on their own its always you that has to score??? WTF? even when I play and get taken off in the 70th, they just never score on their own its so unrealistic....also.....why do my teammates do the DUMBEST shit ever? Defender has the ball in the box...he turns towards the inside of the box and tries to make a pass, or the classic "hi, im a defender, i think ill just walk into the opposition with the ball without attempting a pass"....or "hmm, i have the ball, 5 guys open, nah ill just walk until they take the ball from me" WTF!!!!! so fucking gay

LOL Agreed, they r plain dumbass. Speechless..

I disagree with the team not scoring when you're on the bench bit. I'm at Depotivo now and goals are definitely scored (and conceded) when I'm on the bench...

I disagree with the team not scoring when you're on the bench bit. I'm at Depotivo now and goals are definitely scored (and conceded) when I'm on the bench...

It happen to me on 3rd season when im with Liverpool, the 38th game of the season we tied with Man Utd, Man Utd was on the second and we were on top of the league table. Both have same point but we have a better goal score so we stay on top.

That game we have to play against West Ham(home game) and Man Utd play against Sunderland(also home game). The manager decide to put me on the bench cuz i was not fit enuff(was down arrow). Later in game we down 0-1 at 82 mins i finally got into the field. Obviously, i couldnt do much but shot on target once and that was it. Man Utd won 2-0 to Sunderland. We lose the match and the league.

It just plain sad.. and stupid.

Erm, pardon me but I really don't see anything wrong with that.. You lost your game and Man Utd won their game.. anything wrong with that?

How could Liverpool lost to West Ham in their home ground? OK, nothing wrong but its just totally "unlikely" IM PISSED !!

Last edited:
Thanx for the help guys..I have made it to the starting team in new castle and have scored 3 goals so far and have 2 man of the matches Awards..

Just one thing i would like to know that when i play in the matches,My game starts to lag..This was not the case in training or when i play normal matches..Why is this happening in BAL? And the screen too seems to act funny..It feels like the game is gonna crash any second..

How could Liverpool lost to West Ham in their home ground? OK, nothing wrong but its just totally "unlikely" IM PISSED !!

Well the sad thing in PES is that Home/Away doesn't really matters in league.
There's no advantage whatsoever

BAL mode just needs a GTA style game bolted onto to it.
You start out as 17 year old trainee with no fame,no money,no bird,and a crap car.
For a start, driving to the training ground would be alot different by the time your 22 and your ragging the aston martin to work in 5 mins flat.

Of course you would have to have a WAG to syphon your wages away and plenty of photo ops for initially "Heat" magazine before working your way up to "Hello".

Oh, and you play some football in there as well. :)

i am playing the 4th season. I started with Man City, moved in the first transfer period to Tottenham and after 3 seasons moved to Man United. I am getting better and better. My stats are good!

Unbeleivable! I've won the World Cup with the Netherlands and won all 7 matches. I'm on top of the scorerslist with 10 goals, 1 assist, an average of 7.26 and 6 times the MOTM ... and I'm not even in the best 11 of the tournament? Some Serbian foraward is. He scored 5 goals and 0 assists in 5 matches.
I've scored the winning goal in both the semi final and the final!! Dam'n you Fifa officials!!

Last edited:
Unbeleivable! I've won the World Cup with the Netherlands and won all 7 matches. I'm on top of the scorerslist with 10 goals, 1 assist and an average of 7.26... and I'm not even in the best 11 of the tournament? Some Serbian foraward is. He scored 5 goals and 0 assists in 5 matches.
I've scored the winning goal in both the semi final and the final!! Dam'n you Fifa officials!!

Any excuse to slag off Fifa eh? hahah

I never get to play, never. And when I get to play, I get rated about 6.5-7.0, you can't do much more in 20 minutes (5 minutes games). YOu might tell me, play 10 minutes then. Well I would if I could simulate the time before my substitution, but I HAVE TO WATCH THE CRAP, sure I can speed it up, but it's so stupid, I bought the game to play PES, not watch some muppets kick the ball about. This feature gets 1 out of 5.

I never get to play, never. And when I get to play, I get rated about 6.5-7.0, you can't do much more in 20 minutes (5 minutes games). YOu might tell me, play 10 minutes then. Well I would if I could simulate the time before my substitution, but I HAVE TO WATCH THE CRAP, sure I can speed it up, but it's so stupid, I bought the game to play PES, not watch some muppets kick the ball about. This feature gets 1 out of 5.
xD at impatient people

Have you ever thought about doing something else while waiting to be brought on? Like watch TV, surf the internet..

this mode will be fun if i can play as a goalie,
i will run forward for every freekick and corner lol

i started as a SS and signed Sunderland over Man City
played 7-8weeks until I made the bench and made my debut, only found out there is something wrong with my kitsever/patch, and the jerseys for both teams are in black... i cant see who my teammates are.. and so.. im so sad

Back
Top Bottom