Become a Legend: Discussion Thread

Quick question guys.. How the hell do you make it to the European masters cup? I came 2nd in the Euro champions group last yr and 1st this year... and ended up in the euro championship Is the euro master cup the Uefa cup? and the european championship the champions league? If yes then I am guessing that I would have to finish 3rd in the group to get there... Right?

yes it is the uefa cup

Just got released by Juventus and thought I would try not signing for anyone to see what happened. AT the end of negotiations I was left with one team and I had to sign for them. Fuckin' Liverpool! I accidently forgot to save the game, so it's back to week one of negotiations. phew!!

Started a new game this time as a SMF, 188cm and a proper nationality so I'm finally going to play national games.

Surprisingly I've started with Top Speed 85 :D

After 2 good seasons with Almeria - my team from the start of BaL, I just had the long-awaited offer from my favorite team :}
But in BaL, Real Madrid have a very strange transfer policy. In season 1, S. Ramos, Pepe, Roben, Robinho, R. Van der Vaart and Sneijder were sold :/
In the end of season 2 me and a young GK (Y. Thuram) were bought.
The new signings from season 1 were - Diego (from Werder Bremen), S. Dalmat, Pires (from Villareal), some CMF/AMF/SMF/SS named Dotan and CMF named Nieuwendad. I suppose that the last 2 are generated players... but why to sell some of the worlds finest CMF/AMF's and byu new ones?! Maybe I've put the transfers to high... I realy don't remember :} ... so thats the explanation for Andrew Johnson beeing CF in Barcelona :D

//edit
Well, had my first game with the first-team (:
Came from the bench to give an assist to Raul to score against Barca... w00t
I hope to get regular first-team action and called-up for the national squad.

Last edited:
weee... i've won all cups and leagues (including the world cup and european championship (national)) at the age of 25!
The only thing I miss right now is allmost all the assist trophies and the World Cup MVP :(

I'm a little bit pissed right now.
Played a great Season as striker. 47 goals. Was best striker in Eredivise. Champion with Twente and holy shit Champions League winner. An then? Nothing. No top team wanted me. Ingame I'm 21 now. Playing von the highest level.

Guys is it me or become a legend is toooooooo easy...I am CF, top player...First Season: Portsmouth (30 games, 4 goals)
Second Season: Aston Villa (39 games, 16 goals, 2 assists & English Cup)
Third Season: Valencia (53 games, 27 goals, 4 assists, Champions & "Ch. League".
Fourth Season: Liverpool (10 games, 8 goals, 4 assists......)

And im 20 years old...whats next? And dont get me start about my teammates. They ALL suck....Portsmouth or Liverpool, their defence is the worst...

For me Pro is only Master League. Pro is having all the players, not just one..

Well I'm with Real Madrid now. Really really happy, but the problem is I still get substituted! Now all I'm waiting for is an offer from Manchester United!

I got signed by Athletico Madrid in the first season! I play with modified leagues that are sorted. I've got an EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga/Ligue 1 and swap out the lower teams for better teams in Other Teams A.

I play on Top Player and when I debuted after a few training matches, I got lucky, scored a goal and got MoM. Ever since then, I am usually first pick for the team (sometimes I am picked over Aguero even though my condition is worst than his, haha what a stupid manager). So far, I'm approaching the middle of my season (just before playing my 3rd group stage match), my rating is around 6.35 and I have scored 3 goals so far (2 in the Champions League).

The highlight for me so far was scoring the one and only goal against Man U in the Champions League group stage! Our team is in the same group as Barcelona, Man U and Bordeaux. We got unlucky against Bordeaux in our first game and lost due to a penalty near the late stages of that game. Hoping to beat Barca next or at least tie with them =P.

Is there a way to change the physical attributes of the player once I've already started playing? I want to change the height and weight, is it possible with some editing tool?

Is there a way to change the physical attributes of the player once I've already started playing? I want to change the height and weight, is it possible with some editing tool?
I haven't played in a while, but I thought you could just change it normally in game? Same way one changes hairstyle etc..

I have a few questions about BAL, maybe experienced players can answer them.

1) I read somewhere that the difficulty level you select at the start of the game not only affects your opponent but also your teammates. Right now I'm playing at Regular and my teammates are dumb as hell, so I'm thinking about starting all over again at Top Player. I played one tryout match in BAL at Top Player and got the impression your teammates actually behave smarter and also less selfishly. Since I play as AMF it's very frustrating to provide like 40+ assists a season and to have only 5 of 'em finished by teammates.

2) Does your stamina ever reach a decent level? It's so annoying that you never get to play the final minutes of a match, which often matter most. If you're ever to become a legend, you should at least be able to endure an entire match.

3) I started out at Sparta Rotterdam as AMF/SS, stats were increasing steadily (5 points in less than 2 seasons, with Strengthen balanced out over all aspects). Now I'm 19 years old and I transfered to PSV Eindhoven, but it's like I don't earn skill points anymore. I'm still improving, but waaaay slow... At this rate I'll always remain a shit player, statistically that is. I understand you have to work for it, but it'd be nice to be faster or stronger than your opponent for a change, instead of fully relying on positioning in order to outsmart your opponent.

All in all BAL is addictive, but some things are so frustrating... AI, stamina, slow growth...

2) Does your stamina ever reach a decent level? It's so annoying that you never get to play the final minutes of a match, which often matter most. If you're ever to become a legend, you should at least be able to endure an entire match.

3) I started out at Sparta Rotterdam as AMF/SS, stats were increasing steadily (5 points in less than 2 seasons, with Strengthen balanced out over all aspects). Now I'm 19 years old and I transfered to PSV Eindhoven, but it's like I don't earn skill points anymore. I'm still improving, but waaaay slow... At this rate I'll always remain a shit player, statistically that is. I understand you have to work for it, but it'd be nice to be faster or stronger than your opponent for a change, instead of fully relying on positioning in order to outsmart your opponent.

All in all BAL is addictive, but some things are so frustrating... AI, stamina, slow growth...
2) You're getting substituted near the end of matches because your stamina is too low.. and you want to end it.. isn't it obvious what you should do? Conserve your stamina! Run only when you need to and move as little as possible. Don't go running around chasing the ball :)

3) First thing I would like to point out is that you should not distribute strengthening points to all stats. I think it's better if you concentrate on 2 or 3 stats at a given time. On the other hand, yes. As you grow older your stats grow slower. Get a place in your national team, play in the Champions League etc to gain more match exp.

My growth only slowed down when I hit 26. So at 19 you still have a lot more growth left in you.
You should develop 2 stats at a time. For instance you could develop Speed and Technique(kicking) for the whole season and see where that gets you. If you are happy with what your stats look like, develop something else.

I have a question. I started playing at PSG and I've been doing so for 3 seasons. I performed very well but the club did not offer me another contract in the summer so I was transfered to Napoli. I wanted to stay. So my question is: can you play more than 3 seasons for the same club ?

I can't answer 1 because I haven't played anything other than Top Player, but yea, team-mates aren't so smart sometimes, but there have been many times where I score because they made a good pass.

For the stamina thing, I only have 75 in stamina and I can last 2 or 3 games where they don't sub me for the whole match. (For some reason, the manager really likes starting me, even if my stamina is like half a bar in the beginning of the match). Just don't run around a lot and don't always use the run key. Make well-timed breaks if you want to run, instead of always sprinting by yourself.

Also, the match experience you gain varies with the strength of the team (and how well you do) I think. When I play barcelona, I get a few more points than if I play a weaker team, so maybe if the league you switch to isn't that great, then it might feel like you're getting less points

Last edited:
2) You're getting substituted near the end of matches because your stamina is too low.. and you want to end it.. isn't it obvious what you should do? Conserve your stamina! Run only when you need to and move as little as possible. Don't go running around chasing the ball :)

3) First thing I would like to point out is that you should not distribute strengthening points to all stats. I think it's better if you concentrate on 2 or 3 stats at a given time. On the other hand, yes. As you grow older your stats grow slower. Get a place in your national team, play in the Champions League etc to gain more match exp.

2) Well, currently my stamina is improving to the point where I don't get substituted each game. That also has to do with the fact Real Madrid bought me and these guys have more possession which leaves me in better position to receive a good deal of passes instead of actually fetching the ball at the other end of the pitch, which I was forced to do when I played at lesser teams if I wanted to be "important" for my team.

3) I guess I made a mistake by going for averaging my Strengthen points. Too late now, however. Maybe I'll start over at Top Player or Professional, and select more adequate Strengthen points.

Two other things that I noticed:
1) I got bought two times by really big teams that were, at the moment, "out of my league". First from Sparta Rotterdam to PSV (19 y/a), and then from PSV to Real Madrid (20). Actually I played against both teams and played very good games, scoring and assisting against PSV and Real Madrid. So maybe good performance makes your opponents want to buy you?
2) Both at PSV and Real Madrid I felt like playing at freakin' relegation teams. Your team is never really in control of a game, and if you win, it's always close. It's also no coincidence that during my four seasons my team always ended up getting mostly draws, far more than wins and losses. This leaves me wondering that chance is a way bigger factor than actual quality in deciding the fate of a game, which means the AI is truly shit. Follow me? Also, your team always scores and concedes fewer goals than the rest of the league, and way too many goals are from corner kicks and rebounds, which more or less embody chance. Conclusion: PES still sucks when playing against CPU. Unfortunately I moved out of my student dorm and now I have no mates to play with... :CRY:
Anyways, I hope restarting my game at Professional/Top Player will improve team AI, cuz at the moment I'm too bugged by my teammates at Real Madrid to continue BAL. It's like: everytime I serve them the ball on a plate, they miss, and and each time they should pass it to me, they horribly fail at trying to score themselves. And I'm talking Van Nistelrooys and Rauls. Now don't tell me you don't hate that.

Hi!
I'm just wondering if someone has found the way to change the club formation?
If i try to change it in edit it only works for national team, not for the clubs.

I started in EPL as CF/SS and was disappointed that so many teams play 4-5-1. After a few seasons at Sunderland/Everton/Blackburn I got an offer from Ajax. This season has been amazing, playing 4-3-3 means that we're always attacking, the SS slip through balls to me regularly and the other players aren't so stupid. If you're playing CF I would strongly recommend moving to a team playing this formation.
I think it would be good to have more information on teams who want to sign you - something showing their formation, star players etc without having to search yourself.
Nothing beats that first hat trick!

Tip For becoming a good striker, Start your game create yourself, Pick WF as position, Then save, Open Pro Evo editor 1.2 and BAL editor, Change your postion to a CF, You will have better dribbling skills and better stamina, Also edit your condition to a 7, Then you wont get subed as much, Hay presto save, Remember keep your stats to default, As it's up to you to strenthen them.

In my first season with Wigan At (EPL) i scored 21 goals and got a golden boot, second season i moved to Newcastle United, Half way through the season i had 24 goals and another golden boot, Erned a move to Man United in the Jan Window, Went on to win the EPL, Euro Masters Cup ( High Goal Scorer boot), D1 Cup, Start of 3rd season i got an offer from Real Madrid, So i moved to them, But finding it a bit tough in La Liga, As van Nistelrooy and Raul keep scoring, Gits....:D

If you manage more than 20 goals in a season you should get plenty of offers from big clubs.

Also Cristiano Ronaldo can put you through on goal with some dream passes, Hate the guy in real life, but in BAL he's quality to have in a team.

Last edited:
hi ..
i played bal for a season with middlesbrough and now im with newcastle in the second season but everytime i play now the game crashes
any help ?

will i konw the problem now its only when i play champions league matches it freezes when the team score a goal
anybody help !!!

what is the solution for crash at become a legend mode..i have read many topic in this forum related to the crash but don't see any solution..only change resolution..anyone?i have installed offical patch 1.1 and 1.2..still get this crash

Last edited:
Which one should I stay with?

pes20092008-12-2520-46-36-71.jpg

pes20092008-12-2520-46-33-42.jpg

OR

pes20092008-12-2520-46-58-42.jpg

pes20092008-12-2520-46-59-72.jpg

Here's something I was thinking of. Based on what I've read in this thread, the only three attributes that never improve are agility, aggression, and mentality. Knowing that, shouldn't the first (trial) match be played in a way to get those three attributes as high as possible? I usually chase the ball around and slide tackle as much as possible. That's what I've done the first few times and I ended up with good aggression and mentality. I think the first match I tried I got two yellow cards so I had like 91 aggression. For agility I tried to do a lot of feints and step overs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom