Become a Legend: Discussion Thread

When you sign for a team you get told which position they expect you to play in. If you want to play AMF, don't pick a team that will only be able to play you as SMF (which means you're essentially a CMF, but will also get asked to play RMF, LMF and DMF from time to time). Make sure the team you sign for offers you the AMF position.

That's why I did so poorly at Middlesborough but was able to play basically as a striker when I joined Everton, cos they play Yakubu as a lone CF and an AMF just behind. Or wait, was that Wigan with Heskey?

Whatever the weather, if you're getting transferred to a top club for high a fee when you're still a kid then you must be playing the game on a spacker difficulty setting. It's all about small steps, growing in strength and stamina with quick passes. This builds up your teamwork, too. When you're young and playing midfield you haven't got a cat in hell's chance of free scoring for the first year (well, on a decent difficulty setting, anyway).

I think they got the balance of difficulty just right this time, especially in regards to BAL. Playing as a CF on Regular is a LOT of fun compared to the hard slog of Professional and Top Player. Just don't expect the same career path.

See the last post on the previous page.. that's at topplayer :) But I tried 3 other careers before this one, just to get enough feeling with the Vertical camera and know how to play (in the first 50 games of my previous careers I was just running around, not knowing what to do as a second striker) :)

My first season almost comes to an end. Join Manchester City and start a lot in the first eleven as CMF, average 6.5 and scored 5 goals. 1 against Man united, 1 against Chelsea, 1 against Arsenal and 2 against Liverpool. Only scored against the top teams :D and they are all the winning goal :APPLAUD:.

vosszaa that was my conclusion because u say it's too difficult with those stats...it's not difficult

here some pics about me

as u can see...at everton everything is perfect for me...i searched lot of teams to play me as an AMF and i got to everton where i started to score goals, i got called up to national team and i hope i will became a regular first team player soon there

err... I didnt say its difficult dude. I just say its very frustrating. OK this is my conclusion; (I didnt attach any thumbnails, too lazy)

1. Ridiculously low attribute. When i say "ridiculously low" it means "Unreasonable" Not difficult. Y dont we have a "reasonable" point then put a peak on it like any player in ML? Eayly, standard or even late peak then that "ridiculously low" point will become "very reasonable" to play in BAL.

2. When i say teammate are "hopeless". This is happen when u wanna play AMF like me. I prefer to play AMF but when everytime i pass the ball(i can definitely say "Spoon feed") they dont have to do anything but shoot in da target, but ofcuz they cant. This problem solve when u r in top team but y i have to stay in da low rank team at nearly first 2 season. Its just fuckn frustrated.
NOTE: Personally, I like to be AMF cuz i feel more rewarded everytime i pass the ball to frd and they can score rather than being a CF and score endlessly by maself. (be an Assist Lord is more difficult to archive than be a Scorer King)

3. Now im play with Liverpool, originally im AMF but they often put me to CF so i dont care about passing anymore, i just try to score maself.

4. By anyone who thing im a loser who start with 99 point. WRONG!! I start and play normally. That earlier pic just show that i can edit it.

Last edited:
Is there way to change my name in the game?Because I wrote my name with capital letters (back then there were no patches) and now I installed the GA community patch and all names are capital letter+small letters and it's a bit annoying.Is there way to change that?

Is there way to change my name in the game?Because I wrote my name with capital letters (back then there were no patches) and now I installed the GA community patch and all names are capital letter+small letters and it's a bit annoying.Is there way to change that?

Use this..
Code:
http://downloads.gamingaccess.com/index.php?file_id=32543

But i dont know it will open player profile in BAL or not. Just give it a try.. if not just remove the patch and use other patch. i use Burgum patch btw.

vosszaa yeah i also saw that passing is more difficult than scoring, but anyway i like more to score rather than assisting goals

Use this..
Code:
http://downloads.gamingaccess.com/index.php?file_id=32543

But i dont know it will open player profile in BAL or not. Just give it a try.. if not just remove the patch and use other patch. i use Burgum patch btw.

I can't find myself in the db :(

err... I didnt say its difficult dude. I just say its very frustrating. OK this is my conclusion; (I didnt attach any thumbnails, too lazy)

1. Ridiculously low attribute. When i say "ridiculously low" it means "Unreasonable" Not difficult. Y dont we have a "reasonable" point then put a peak on it like any player in ML? Eayly, standard or even late peak then that "ridiculously low" point will become "very reasonable" to play in BAL.

You are aware that you start BAL as 17 year old rookie? Do yourself a favor and check the initial stats for most of the 17-year-olds in ML. All yellow-orange&red, right? Wrong!

As for the standard or late peaks ... it's done how it's done - and right now, it's done for the patient players, players who actually want to pursue a career, to invest some time and effort to improve their player, to be able to enjoy the career even in mid 30-ies with decent attributes and skills, etc.

If you're really so impatient, even with 5-min games, than BAL is not the mode for you.

2. When i say teammate are "hopeless". This is happen when u wanna play AMF like me. I prefer to play AMF but when everytime i pass the ball(i can definitely say "Spoon feed") they dont have to do anything but shoot in da target, but ofcuz they cant. This problem solve when u r in top team but y i have to stay in da low rank team at nearly first 2 season. Its just fuckn frustrated.

Patience, mate, patience. Crappy teams play crappy football. As you said, all you have to do is to earn your way into top teams. I don't know why you expect that it will happen overnight? Patience, it's a career, remember? How many Messi-like god-gifted teenage top players are there actually? ;)

4. By anyone who thing im a loser who start with 99 point. WRONG!! I start and play normally. That earlier pic just show that i can edit it.

Woohoo, congratulations! You da haxor!! Cmon, anyone with IQ higher than room temperature could to that with an editor :Y1

Yeah true, mayb im not a patience person. I nearly smash my controller one time when i pass the ball and they spoil it away when the keeper is already on the ground and nothing between him but empty open goal.

Woohoo, congratulations! You da haxor!! Cmon, anyone with IQ higher than room temperature could to that with an editor

Trust me dude, they dont know how. LOL

I can't find myself in the db :(

Sorry i forgot, since they separate BAL db file with the normal one u cant use that(i dont think BAL editor let u rename either) Remove the patch is the only way or start all over again(which is pain T_T)

Last edited:
After I scored in the very first game you get to play, I actually could chose some better teams than the usual crappy one (i always select dutch league teams + 2 belgian). I started at Roda, but couldn't get a first eleven spot even after 18 matches, couldn't convince the trainer, but in the first negotiation period Anderlecht came, they were ranked higher than Roda and already doubled my salary.

I'm a CF and that's a pretty hard position if you ask me. Sometimes you really have to pray for a good pass, and once you get it, you don't want to spoil it. I'm sure it will get better when my stats get better, for now, I just try to do my job for the team and occasionally I score, especially from headers because my player is 1m93 :P

so is it possible to play legends online with a hacked player or not? if you can, then pes is dead for me and I am gonna spend my money on left 4 dead instead. (14 more days)

You can? Can someone post a screenshot?

I'd love to see more screenshots of your careers btw :)
Here's mine :
pesgrowthlf1.jpg

I think all of us have the same growth chart.. btw I'm not from Thailand :D

well i have to say i love this mode!

as addictive as football manager!!

i started out at wigan, got a move to newcastle half-way through 1st season, spent the remainder of year 1 there and all of the next season, runner up in champs league final.
moved to betis in the 3rd season and to my delight got called up to the national team.

just got 3 man of the match awards in a row.am hoping for a move to a big team in the summer.

as someone else said its a game of patience and you should enjoy building your player up, i am personaly looking forward to the day i pull on the red of man utd or the white of real madrid!

konami have really coem up trumps with this mode, when i get a football game i usually play endless friendlies and other stuff, but all i have played so far is this mode.
it is 1000 times better than be a pro.

::UPDATE::
got my move............to Valencia!

Last edited:
After 4,5 seasons Atletico Madrid I got an offer from both Chelsea and AC Milan. Chelsea is #1 on the club ranking list (and they offered me 2900 salary points) so I've moved to Chelsea and started in the first 11 right away! Too bad they play a 4-5-1 formation!!
I'm 21 now, lot's of stats in the mid 80's and shooting accuary 93.

Best moment so far was in the WC qualifying. In the 6th match we had to win against Ireland to go to the WC. I scored the winning 1-0 in the 88 minute. I actually cheered in front of the monitor.

I love this mode :D

What has everyone been using for their strengthen settings, I've been cramming on speed.

I've reached 95 on acceleration, it's not going any higher.

Shooting technique 4
Balance 3
Power 2
Dribble accuracy 2

Speed and Stamina 0 at the moment. But I switch every 10 or 20 weeks.

Start at NAC but moved to NEC mid year. Got offer from Benfica and spend entire season there scoring 24 goals. Won the league there and also the FA cup. Got call up for the England national team which failed to progress in the world cup.The following season got an offer from my fav team, Man Utd which i could not refuse. started at the bench at first but after hard work of training, got to the first eleven. Got call up again to the national team which progress through the group stage on top of the table in the euro cup. Starts 6 games and score 7 goals for the national team. Mid season got offer from Chelsea and Liverpool which i turned down. With ten games left to play for the season, Man Utd are top of the league by one point. Trailing behind is the team which is wooing me in the mid season, Liverpool And Chelsea. Tevez are knock off the first eleven by me and me always gets subtituted around 65 to 70 mins cos my stamina is not good. now trying to pump up the speed and kicking strenght.

Once you reach 95 in anything, it's unlikely to go up. The rating scale goes up linearly up to 95 and then exponentially to emphasize the truly special players. So even though you don't see your rating going up to 96, you're still improving.

Yeah I think it's because your curve is flattening out. I get a little bit when I have a great performance but usually nothing.

That's kinda crappy IMO... you're supposed to "become a legend" , yet every player other than yourself experiences extreme rates of growth, reaching Godlike levels of skills at an age where your own player is still crap. By the time you're actually a "legend", every other player would probably have the same or better stats than your own player, which is kind ironic..

Yeah i agree, however i think it would take some fun away if you became godlike at 21.

However, you should still receive match experience no matter what, if you play in the first team, you get match experience.

they have tried to make it life like. messi will not gain as much from games now as he did when he was 17,when you are younger or just coming into the game the learning curve is steep but flatens out after a while.

So you guys dont get those red exp in your bar after matches ? It just bugs me how fast your growth flats out, whilst you see young players like rooney reaching godlike levels of ability at age 24 and you're still crap .

started a season at sporting lisbona and played a lot of training matches, first time i played was the last 10 minutes of a game :)) i made an assist and we won 1-0 since i was always on the bench and entered during games until i became a titular in the negotiation period sporting lisbona bought k.doyl :BLEH: another striker and i didn't like it because we were 7 cf :RANT: then i received an offer from fc porto that i accepted without hesitation :BOP: and played again training matches i started playing at the 1/2 final of the cup scored twice and made an assist scored in the final as we won 1-0 i was man of the match and finished top scorer of the cup with 3 goals :APPLAUD: i'm now playing another new season with fc porto their rank is 9 amongst all the teams and i guess it is good if i want to be transferred to manchester united.
p.s : i am moroccan and i wear nike mercurial vapor 4 volt marina because i have them in reality:D

Back
Top Bottom