Pure Football gameplay mod

Could you write it in English? Not very good at french, and I think I understood what you mean but I ain't sure.
He said: Hello, i have some troubles with passing with your mod version 1.3. Strong passes are too strong and power bar is too slow to grow up.

He said: Hello, i have some troubles with passing with your mod version 1.3. Strong passes are too strong and power bar is too slow to grow up.
Yeah, what I thought. Is just something I have to take a look at, but rn I am still testing this 1.2 as much as I can.

When I have tested it more, I might try to polish errors a bit, or more likely adapt them to the GP.

I think I'm noticing some crashes with your version 1.2 (I'll keep checking but I've had random mid-game crashes which I've never experienced before).

Also, version 1.2 is amazing, its the first time I've played a mod on 20m matches without having to mess with the sliders (outside of your suggestions). Also I was playing and the pass rate for league 2 english teams was around 62% which is much closer to actual stats in real life!

I think I'm noticing some crashes with your version 1.2 (I'll keep checking but I've had random mid-game crashes which I've never experienced before).

Also, version 1.2 is amazing, its the first time I've played a mod on 20m matches without having to mess with the sliders (outside of your suggestions). Also I was playing and the pass rate for league 2 english teams was around 62% which is much closer to actual stats in real life!
I've been working a lot on speed and such, trying to get a much calm gameplay where building up the game is rewarding. I have had a lot of success in certain areas. However, the unwillingness of the defense lane to mark the person they're supposed to mark is getting me nuts. Seriously annoyed with that bug and I am still not able to correct it.

https://mega.nz/file/6tZV3ZYD#3SI7kuBZfzwanwAhVWynNjtgBZFislo8Qa3Y9oxovFI

Mod fixed to work with TU14.1, yet old one should work aswell.
At the moment what I have played seems to me the best gameplay, I would only add that the players get a little more tired during the course of the game, and the accumulated fatigue, the rest improved a lot! Especially on some occasions when the ball bounced a lot, in an exaggerated way...Thanks for sharing your work with us!

At the moment what I have played seems to me the best gameplay, I would only add that the players get a little more tired during the course of the game, and the accumulated fatigue, the rest improved a lot! Especially on some occasions when the ball bounced a lot, in an exaggerated way...Thanks for sharing your work with us!
do you play on legendary and 20 min halves? cause i play FIFA with 10min halves so will it effects too for someone who play 10 mins or should we play 20 mins halves as recommended to see full effect?

do you play on legendary and 20 min halves? cause i play FIFA with 10min halves so will it effects too for someone who play 10 mins or should we play 20 mins halves as recommended to see full effect?
Hi, friend! I play in Legendary mode and with 5 minute halves. But in other mods that I have tried using the same way, the fatigue of the players is more noticeable, both during the match and in the accumulated matches, which forces you to use changes to avoid injury.

This is interesting. Is true that the fatigue depends on the match length, but not only that. When you play 20 min halves, even if the fatigue goes down slower, there's more time to feel the consecuences of fatigue. With 5 min per half or less, you have like 1/4 of that time, so might feel less times that fatigue, that really plays a big part mostly at the end of the first half and after the minute 60.

Also, the way you play might burn more or less your players. With possession, your team will fatigue less, while on counter, your wingers and/or offensive midfield and striker might fatigue more.

Same for defense. Sitting back and waiti will damp less stamina than pressing a lot.

This doesn't mean stamina and fatigue don't need some extra work, but my experience with the past year entry is that if you don't know very good what you're touching, it might fuck it up more than fix it, and have either too much stamina usage or too little, so I gotta give it a look actually, but is not my priority. It doesn't feel as bad as it is, and I don't have desires of unbalancing shit.

Hi, friend! I play in Legendary mode and with 5 minute halves. But in other mods that I have tried using the same way, the fatigue of the players is more noticeable, both during the match and in the accumulated matches, which forces you to use changes to avoid injury.
Try 20 min halves. Won't solve your problem, but you'll feel the consecuences more without them being so extreme.

As I said I have to look at it but don't want to unbalance shit, so it won't be right away now.

¡Hola amigo! Juego en modo Legendario y con mitades de 5 minutos. Pero en otros mods que he probado usando de la misma forma se nota más el cansancio de los jugadores, tanto durante el partido como en los partidos acumulados, lo que te obliga a usar cambios para no lesionarte.

Try 20 min halves. Won't solve your problem, but you'll feel the consecuences more without them being so extreme.

As I said I have to look at it but don't want to unbalance shit, so it won't be right away now.
I like to play like this so that each game doesn't take so long, since I play in career mode.
It's not a problem anyway, only if you can check it...thanks anyway

I have a problem I want to know if it's me. But in 2 different games when the cpu entered the area it stopped instead of finishing.

I have a problem I want to know if it's me. But in 2 different games when the cpu entered the area it stopped instead of finishing.
It depends on the player that is striking. Better players will have more vision to finish or pass inside the area. The difficulty also plays a part. Still got several things to correct, though.

After playing your mod for 1 season and compare to Anth' v6 mod, i think Anth's has pretty good defense and the finishing is more balance. . Right now iam switching to Anth mod because your mod make the 1 on 1 vs goalkeeper too damn hard. If you can balance this 2 factors (or keep it the same as Anth's), it would be so great. All other aspects, i think you have done an amazing job. Hopefully you can update the mod soon.

Guys, I wanted to announce that I am going to take some "vacations" from the mod development. This doesn't mean I ain't going to keep with the mod, my intention is to do so, and I will always end back coming to it, but my interest for fixing FIFA is fading a bit. I repeat, this doesn't mean that I ain't going to continue modding the game, but FIFA is not the only game I like, so I want to play another games and that also means that I will be playing and modding FIFA less, yet I will still come in some of my free time.

Also, you need to add to this that I am in a foreign country working, living in a communitary space, and that's a bit stressing, so the less I need now is to overstress with the FCKING SILLY DEFENSIVE LANE, that prevents me to having fun with FIFA.

I'll explain this. In order to have a slower gameplay with better and more fluids animations, one of the things I do is augmenting the base max acceleration but decreasin AccelIntensity in the lower numbers of the vector. Vanilla, lowest value is 0,4 and it goes up to 1. Mine is 0 for the position 0, and it goes up to 1 for the position 10 of the vector.

Apparently this change, along with other I might do experimenting with defensive lane, have made my defenders stupid and not mark properly when going back, and not run back when the ball is closer to the goal than the defensive lane.

This has gotten me desperate and frustrated with the game, and I've been trying to solve it as much as possible, but is really difficult. One of the reasons, in fact, to have such a difficult 1v1, and the reason I haven't tackled it yet, is because then all long matches would end with 5 goals each team or more, besides, let's be serious, 1 on 1 situations with the keeper not always end good irl, and is really difficult to fisnish in football. But I recognize that if there was less clear 1 on 1 situations, I might boost the shooting a bit, specially in open situations.

Point is... This is getting frustrating. I've been speaking with many of the creators of other mods trying to get them to collaborate with me in Pure Football and trying to make things together. But since they have their own mods, no one was interested in creating a modding team. The closest I was to this was with CaptainKidd and another guy that would make the art for the mod, but unfortunately, Captain can't run FIFA23 on his pc, so I am still alone with the game.

The point to all of this, is that I need your help. Not in a monetary way, thanks god I do not need that rn, but I'd need to have a work team that can discover things. If there's programmers between you, even better, since you will be able to understand certain things better, I suppose, but is not required at all. If any of you is interested into working in the mod, you have the free project online, and I'd like to have a working team so that when one wants to take a rest, another can keep the job and the mod never stops developing, so when the person that has been gone comes back, there has been some advancement and feels interested in the game again and wants to keep modding aswell.

So, if any of you have the will to learn to mod and be part of the team, I'd be glad that you added me in discord (my name is Hels) so that we can create some sort of work group. Also, you can alternative write me in the privates, and I'll be glad of giving a hand to you to start modding and understand the basics, and my hings about what each value does.

Between all of us, we can make the best football game possible.

Last edited:
rest up,relax and have a nice vacation master, i really hope some guys will joining you to work with you on your amazing "Pure Football" project...and at all thanks a lot for all your efforst and works

DONG DONG DONG! ATTENTION EVERYBODY, V1.3 FOR TU 14.1 INCOMING!

DOWNLOAD

https://mega.nz/file/78BlWZAa#fevCgJgn5fy89YKtRzm5mnL6efB71-7Q3kp9ARXDZ44

A couple of words about what's been changed in this version.

So, for this version I was focusing in dribbling + ball feeling, which although it was already quite good, it had certain fails like for example, turnings being suddenly too sharp and being difficult to turn and point properly, or trigger the animations I wanted. I also focused on marking and trying to make a more tight gameplay feeling.

CREDITS

I have to make special mention in this version to Chan, creator of AI Motion, who gave me some insights into several values of the game, which helped me to make more responsive animation triggering and blending between animations. Also thanks to 6ons1, creator of eSim mod for FIFA (yeah, the same brand that exists for PES, indeed, tufkar and him are friends), since he helped me A LOT with getting in touch with Chan so that we could benefit each other, which is what I think it happened. He helped me indeed so much with animation blending, and I hope I could help him with other things and values.

LIST OF CHANGES

So, what's so new in this update, and why is revolutionary? Cause you might think there's not so much of a difference, but there is.

Well, let's start with the values I changed based on Chan insights. All of this info was given to me by him in a pdf with proper explanation and pics, and I am very gratefully for doing so.

CHAN DIRECT FEEDBACK AND TEACHINGS

- The first value I changed is DribbleMinTouchTimeByChopFrame, which should help with the ball feeling more natural when contacting the foot. This should help with certain animations being too short on time, or with the animation blending between one animation and another, helping it to have more time in certain transition animations that were too short before and polishing animation triggering since you have more time to make an action in this situations. This, for example, should be smoothing much more animation triggering when your character makes a hesitation move feinting to go towards a side, and control should feel now much more responsive and precise.

- However, that's not enough cause sometimes, players seem to have a very fast reaction time and will chain moves very fast one with another, so I also modified DribbleMinTouchTime to have a min time of reaction after touching a ball by the players, and not doing twitchy moves like touching the ball to times in a row in like 0,0001s.

- Last thing was to reduce the ActionMinCycleLength, which gives a measure of the minimum time of a animation (kind of, I guess), and I lowered so that moves can last shorter if they are short moves and there's more interaction with the inputs made by the player in the pad.

- He also gave me insight with skating problems, which should be less of a problem now that I've changed SpeedIntensity second value to 0,001

OTHER THINGS I FOUND

Things directly pointed by CHAN are not the only things I've changed. He also helped me giving insights on other things that I wanted to change like telling me to try to look in certain EBX, few of them I have touched before.

This is how I ended up revisiting all the ball physics and contact between ball and player in gp_physics (essentially all of the touchcontacts EBX). And something weird was happening here. I'll explain myself, though it will be a bit of a long explanation, you can jump directly to conclussion if you want to know how it affects to gp without the technicall explanation:

- Ok, so here we go. My ball has 1 of inertia, so that means that it won't loose inertia artificially, but rather from the bounces and the rolling and friction with other materials. BUT... there was a problem. There's something called restitution, which measures how elastic a collision is, and how much energy is taken out through the impact thangs to dampening of the materials. It turns that I had most of this restitution to a value of 1 when colliding with the players, which means that the ball won't loose speed in that case, which is completely unnatural, and this was creating ball to not loose enough speed in controls, or dribblings, and be less way controllable. So essentially the change is next, I CHANGED HOW MUCH A BALL REDUCES SPEED IN CONTACT WITH THE FOOT OR OTHER PART OF A PLAYER, so that controlling the speed of a ball is easier, and dribbling and ball control much more precise.

- In actor_movement I also found that in one lane that was a string of values, I had one of those values multiplied by 10, so that would fuck up the turning (it was related with dribbling turning, essentially), so now players will also turn much smoother and controllable.

- I also made marking intelligence better in an attempt of having players covered in a much better way, without having players leave exposed their back or such. While this hasn't solved the problem of the defensive lane running back, and you still have to manually make it go down when the ball is advanced in the wing, at least now players will react better once they get into the area. However, now breaking marks and finding passing lanes is much more important, since players will lean a bit more to mark ball receptors than randomly deciding to cover passing lanes (yet they still do when needed), so breaking free from your mark will give you a lot of advantages.

All of this has made a gameplay where you can flow and pass much better, but so does the AI do. AI has increased exponentially their danger, and one has to be very precise when defending. I might need to do some changes in defense, so that following players is a bit easier, but essentially, if someone is able to move towards the opposite side you're moving, he will go past you, and the defender will have a hard time to catch up back, which means that high pressure can be easily punished if players commit too much into tackles and such.

So, in general, game feels tactical, very tactical, but also with a lot of 1vs1 component if done right. Knowing which animation to trigger when both dribbling and defending, or calculating tackle timings better, will be the difference between winning or loosing a game. Also changes of pace in your game (from fast to slow and slow to fast) will be even more profitable than before. It's now easier to slow down a run, to a certain extent, or do a precise dribbling with a player, and using this to create new passing lanes or ways of combining with your players feels really rewarding, and we will see now less random errors if we first trigger the preparing animation of a shot or a pass, cause it will be easier to trigger those animations now.

So, I hope you enjoy, and give me your feedback! Rar has both gameplay and projects in case you want to peep something! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom