Pure Football gameplay mod

this is the gameplay video. BUT, i'm really sorry for the bad quality and a lot of fps drop (still uploading to 720p. as writting its still 360p) I also can't play full 90 minutes because I have bad pc lmao.
which camera are you using ?

seems to be nice but can you make the gameplay more faster. I hat slow gameplay. i mean also the animations are slowed down . In real life it is much more quicker

after playing a lot of games, i think the finishing is nerfed really hard, which is really piss me off because player misses alot of open shot when facing straight to the keeper, both normal shot and finesse shot. They are way too far to the goalpost. Anyway, this is still my favorite gameplay mod and i am very excited to see the changes in the next update. Can you share some news, Hels?

seems to be nice but can you make the gameplay more faster. I hat slow gameplay. i mean also the animations are slowed down . In real life it is much more quicker
No, it's not quicker in real life. And if you don't like the animations, you can get any other realistic gameplay out there, just look for it. Btw. Is not animations what slows gameplay the most. Is the fact you have to be precise now with manual passing.

You guys are used too much to vanilla FIFA.

after playing a lot of games, i think the finishing is nerfed really hard, which is really piss me off because player misses alot of open shot when facing straight to the keeper, both normal shot and finesse shot. They are way too far to the goalpost. Anyway, this is still my favorite gameplay mod and i am very excited to see the changes in the next update. Can you share some news, Hels?
You see also a lot of fails in real life finishing, besides this is made this way to avoid having way too much of a big result. Trust me if I tell you that finishing is quite realistic and on point, and you only need to point better and charge better your shots, and many goals will go in. Surely, many others will fail, but that's how football is. Unless you're a really top player, is really difficult that you manage to score everytime you shoot, even open shoots.

Essentially, my recomendations about this is...
- Make your player face the goal correctly. Posture MATTERS in real life and also in the game. If you want a smooth shoot with the main leg, you gotta cook it before.
- Stop sprinting when you are about to do an action, being, passing, shooting, or even dribbling past a defender. If you release trigger at the moment of making contact with the ball, the action outcome will be way better. This was already like that in vanilla, but because of the ball physics is even more noticeable in my mod.
- Try not to charge too much the shoot. More charged shoots mean more power, yes, but also more height and dispersion, so you gotta find a balance.
- Use RB/R1 modifier to make quality shots, this can help with precicision really much.

Last edited:
Guys, new version, with the clipping bug fixed (or that I hope) and also a small AI change in hopes that both user and AI team cover better the center forward, yet is a single value and I am not much sure about the impact of it.

https://mega.nz/file/DlwEHBgB#FlPnXyEel7zL22Ra8JLBhilNPZh_6GsWGt3kL1z_azY

There you go. The fair AI mod is the same than the ones you might have download in the previous version.

And by the way, regarding that fair AI that SmichiW pointed... I will give a post now explanaiting that feeling.

There's a randomize value code in something called Test BED DB. I don't know what this db could be used for, but it came to my mind that feeling of handicap that sometimes you feel in a match, like your players are less skilled in that moment or AI is overpowered.

I feared that it was related to this Test Bed DB, and just in case, I decided to change one value.

// TEST BED DB
//
// half length
DB_HALFLENGTH=5
//
// There are 4 stages of overrides on attribtutes
// stage 0) hardcode default (75)
// stage 1) override with random attributes
// stage 2) override one attribute with a value for all players
// stage 3) override one attribute on a individual player
//
// They are written to the attributes for each player in this order so
// override with random attributes will override the hard coded default
// override one attribute with a value for all players will over ride that etc...
//
// stage 1) override with random attributes --------------------------------
//
// No randomize
// DB_RANDOMIZE=0
// To randomize choose any random seed
// like the example below.
// If zero nothing would be written to the attribute in this stage.
DB_RANDOMIZE=0 <------------------------------------ THIS IS THE VALUE I CHANGED, IT WAS PREVIOUSLY SEED 12345 OR SOMETHING ALIKE
// If you set -1, it completely randomizes by time
//
// You can determine random range
DB_RANDOM_ATTRIBUTE_MIN=60
DB_RANDOM_ATTRIBUTE_MAX=95
//
// To randomize traits set 1 (Use same random seed as DB_RANDOMIZE)
DB_RANDOMIZE_TRAIT=0
//
// To randomize fatigue set any number between 0-100. This is for random max number.
DB_RANDOMIZE_FATIGUE=0
//
// To randomize style/mental style set 1
DB_RANDOMIZE_STYLE=0
DB_RANDOMIZE_MENTAL_STYLE=0
//
// stage 2) override with random attributes --------------------------------
//
// This would override Fatigue and acceleration attributes for all players
//DB_FATIGUE=20
//DB_ACCELERATION=75
//
// stage 3) override one attribute on a individual player -------------------
//
// Override the attribute value to specific player by adding x_y_zz extension
// This is the highest priority
// x Name of attribute or trait see table below
// y is team side (home = 0, away = 1)
// zz is player id in team
// DB_X_Y_ZZ=100
// Example this would over ride player 0 on the home teams fatigue and make it 100
//DB_FATIGUE_0_00=100
//

With this value change, I hope I stopped random generation of values for attributes during a match, like AI being ultrapowerful from a sudden but I can't tell for sure if it works like that or not, is just something I suppose it could be used for. This could also be used to make new characters like young players, or things like that, and is more probably related to that, but it could even have no actual effect on the gameplay and be pure placebo, but... Is a curiosity I finded, and decided to try, and is something I just found, not told by anyone. Well, I lie, Danielz told me to look into this file, that is aidefault.ini (and also mentioned me product.ini), but he didn't told me to look for this, but for other lane that is also supposed to eliminate adaptative AI, and that his fair AI also has, and I stumbled upon this when looking for the other lane of code.

The whole idea of the fair AI, in fact, is taken from his, and also from some other I saw somewhere (I think Paul-v with his locale.ini), of making a separated mod of locale.ini and initfs, and also certain ebx that give free bonuses to the abilities, and make it separated from the main mod so people can use with or without, mixing with others, etc.

But yeah, I finally found that also, that I don't know if it actually works or not, but, maybe it does.

I tested this gameplay, I like it because of the animations, much slower and realistic.
The big problem is, I don’t know If I’m the only one, but I score to many goals and games always end 5-3 or 4-2 etc. It’s really easy to get through the defense even in Legend

I tested this gameplay, I like it because of the animations, much slower and realistic.
The big problem is, I don’t know If I’m the only one, but I score to many goals and games always end 5-3 or 4-2 etc. It’s really easy to get through the defense even in Legend
I've been trying to solve this but is quite difficult. I might try to make defenders commit less in its defensive movements in the future. Also, defending is really difficult, so I might try to make defenses to run and commit less in their tackles,and more likely, try to follow and read you more.

Won't be an easy task, though.

Dong dong dong! New version here!

Pure Football v1.0!!

Quick changelog with what I changed, at least that I remember:

- Base max acceleration is higher, but the accerelation intensity has been tonned down in the lower spectre of the vector. This should mean more fluid acceleration, with more possible changes of paces. Now the max acceleration should be a bit higher, but the min acceleration should be a lower percentage of the total, meaning more pace change control, more possibilities of walking with the ball, etc.

- Walking acceleration while not dribbling has been tonned down, in an attempt for having more adaptative players that don't run/move so much in defense when it's not needed.

-Changed a bunch of values in defense that I don't know exactly what they do, but essentially looking here for a more positional defense that you can't pass that easily. Might need to do some changes also into CPUAI defense to make it more competitive again, but for the moment, I haven't changed much in AI, since what I want to do is trying to have a solid defensive system, for later, make the AI play with it without feeling too oppressive or unfair.

- Ground pass has had it's time travel modified, and now it should feel even more true to life.

There might be even more changes that I can't remember rn, but in general terms, I've tried to go even more towards the sim spectre, looking for a tactical experience where you can't move the ball to the goal so easy. Still, I don't know if I actually managed to do it, cause the values I changed in defense I don't know too well what they are used for so... A bit blind picking here and there. Just tell me how you feel about it, and I will keep updating the game based on your feedback and my own feelings about the gp.

Also, have in count that now that the min acceleration is lower, you might feel players less nervous (yet more controlable in tight spaces, if you ask me) so you might feel that the game is kinda slow down in the 1vs1, but if you actually can move towards the opposite side of where the defender is moving, and play correctly with angles, you might find a much more enjoyable game, which tries to put effort on forcing the defense to commit to a side to open the other. Feel this quite entertaining.

Here you go with the download.

https://mega.nz/file/mkgEzbJT#REorAyb_YwaDhN7iZMvo-ydaxn8bThlqVeGO-SodNNw

Enjoy and waiting for your feedback! Specially interested in how you feel the defense now. Waiting for your reports!!

the pace and animation feel absolutely amazing, but the defense still need work. The score still so high, even in ultimate mode. I play MU in carreer, ultimate difficulty, normal speed, after 25 game, Rashford has 54 goal. The score offen go over 3 goals. Maybe the slowgame broke AI defense. In previous version, i play with fastpace mode and it felt really great. About the finishing versus goalkeeper 1 on 1, i think it has too much error, its like 70% you miss the shot.

the pace and animation feel absolutely amazing, but the defense still need work. The score still so high, even in ultimate mode. I play MU in carreer, ultimate difficulty, normal speed, after 25 game, Rashford has 54 goal. The score offen go over 3 goals. Maybe the slowgame broke AI defense. In previous version, i play with fastpace mode and it felt really great. About the finishing versus goalkeeper 1 on 1, i think it has too much error, its like 70% you miss the shot.
The shots are brought from another mod, I'd need to work it out a bit maybe, but for me in semi assisted, it works good. It takes a lot of skill to know how to aim, I'll concede you that, but once you get it right, it works really cool.

The key to make a good strike is all about animation and ball hit, if the animation is good, and the ball speed after the control is slow, there'll be higher chances of landing a good shot. Still, I might give a look to dispersion and how they work.

I'll be changing the base EBX upon I work in the next version, though, so I'll have to re test them. From Paul to Anth's one, and I might also rework ball physics.

Will need to see.

I am sorry to announce it, but the development of this mod will be put to a halt indefinitely.

The reason is that my laptop from where I worked, suddenly died, probably something hardware related, cause it won't ever turn on again. Besides, I am working outside of my original country rn, in Netherlands (I am from Spain), and the laptop is from my gf, that staid home. So I have to send the laptop by post mail to my gf in Spain so that she takes it to warranty and is fixed (or we get another), and all that might take months.

I am also affording for a new PC, a desk one, but I won't buy it until I am back in Spain, which might take me almost a year.

So yeah, it'll be some months before I can work on it again, if I ever do. I don't want to promise anything, cause maybe by when I can return I don't feel like doing so, but I am quite committed to build my own mod and find the pace I like, so probably I will get back into it.

Anyway, I'll update this situation in the future. Thanks to all that supported the mod in this short lifespan it had, I will try to return at it when I can.

We see ourselves in the pitch!

Back
Top Bottom