PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Strictly shitty weather for me,daytime and rain.
Loving it.
Though daytime fine looks fantastic

cloudy with rain looks great

I went through all the team's and changed them to the stadiums with the best turf before starting a master league.

I'm doing ok in my first season. Currently 6th but needing a lot of wheeling and dealing to get players in to fit Newcastle salary cap

cloudy with rain looks great

I went through all the team's and changed them to the stadiums with the best turf before starting a master league.

I'm doing ok in my first season. Currently 6th but needing a lot of wheeling and dealing to get players in to fit Newcastle salary cap
I think the salary cap is a great feature,when you slowly gets more successful,they increase it.
Adds longevity to the game.
Good luck mate

Haven't had the cpu dive on me before but my game between Serbia v Turkey, Turkish striker did it I thought it was a pen but the ref booked him for diving.

Haven't had the cpu dive on me before but my game between Serbia v Turkey, Turkish striker did it I thought it was a pen but the ref booked him for diving.

Had the same thing the other day as well, striker dived but im sure i nicked him... i at least tried too :D

Earlier today my keeper got booked for bringing a striker down as well, gave away a penalty.... saved the penalty :WOOT:

is there any "secret tips" for online play?
i am old school player and think i am pretty good but online i get beat after beat, cant handle with the pressure and the fact people "reads" my moves, not because they are so good, just because of their constant 90 minutes pressure without signs of stamina drop.

is there any "secret tips" for online play?
i am old school player and think i am pretty good but online i get beat after beat, cant handle with the pressure and the fact people "reads" my moves, not because they are so good, just because of their constant 90 minutes pressure without signs of stamina drop.

Devek. . . become very skilled at dribbling, feints and holding on to the ball .. . .some of these opponents are wizards at the game.

Ok, I need some help guys.

First of all; is it even possible to shoot R2- shots when using manual shooting? I never got the hang of it in PES 2017 and seem to struggle now as well.

I made it ONCE with Douglas Costa but the rest of the time it’s going all over the place.

Should i power up first and THEN push R2?

Or should I do it at the same time?

I always try to put some spin to it by using the LS but again, nothing...

Am I crap or is it broken when using manual...?

Ok, I need some help guys.

First of all; is it even possible to shoot R2- shots when using manual shooting? I never got the hang of it in PES 2017 and seem to struggle now as well.

I made it ONCE with Douglas Costa but the rest of the time it’s going all over the place.

Should i power up first and THEN push R2?

Or should I do it at the same time?

I always try to put some spin to it by using the LS but again, nothing...

Am I crap or is it broken when using manual...?

R2 has to be done BEFORE []. Been this way since 16.

I know that feel...I know this sequence, but I ALWAYS mess it up instinctively. It's hopeless for me lol

R2 has to be done BEFORE []. Been this way since 16.

I know that feel...I know this sequence, but I ALWAYS mess it up instinctively. It's hopeless for me lol

Cheers mate, then I know I'm not crazy...;)

Gotta keep at it I guess. But it's not broken anyway, that's good news anyway.:)

Sorry if I'm being dim here but in advanced instructions;if I set 2 attacking and 2 defensive instructions how does the computer decide which it uses or does it use them all together. Trying to get my DM to stay back all the time to sit in front of the defensive line. Setting defensive to both CM should have that effect. Or am I a complete numpty here. Be kind to your old and ancient PES lovers. We get grumpy and annoyed more easily as we try to play a decent game before the grim reaper finallyputs us out of our misery.Lol

Played a lot of myclub on the weekend.
Been bashed a lot but also won a few and had great games....great goals.

Out of 30 games I met ONE full manual opponent in myclub. Been to slow to add him.
But beating assisted users is so much fun :P. Well...if it happens....most of the time I got beaten.
I don´t wanna start a scripting debate....but everytime I score, it feels like my opponent gets a boost to make it easier for him to equalize.
It happened soooo many times. I don´t wanna put too much into it, as my opponents been 2 goals forward many times without me having that "boost".
Could be placebo though....

I remember two great goals I shot, which I couldn´t save because of another sloppiness from KONAMI.
When a match ends, highlights are getting played automatically.
So I kept watching them and when my goals came up, there was no button to save them.
What you have to do then is, abort, pick "highlights" again and there is the button.
I skipped highlight after highlight until my goal came up and guess what happend before I could save it.
My opponent left the party and I got thrown back to the myclub menu.

As great as they are on the positives and as good the game on the pitch is....they are too sloppy on outside stuff which is annoying at times.

Anyway...
passed to my left wing striker who had space, but no one in the box to pass the ball to, or perform a cross.
Let him cut inside...he ran in the box from the left side and bevor the CB of the opponent team reached him, I took a shot with R2.
The ball hit the inner side of the right post, unreachable for the goalie and rolled in the net.
Looked awesome and felt so rewarding, specially because of full manual against assisted!

Second one was...
my middle striker took a shot, ball got parried to the right and rolled out of the box to my right striker who ran towards the ball. Took a direct shot from out of the box in the left upper corner...BOOM!

If you score like that on full manual.....just great!

Hi, do you have problem with player switching like this, it's frustrating to me?

https://twitter.com/maremas_/status/911297320683270145

Same here. I help myself by using right stick more often. Works good.
Anyway I avoid selecting players behind the attacker....never really turned out well.
Selecting one in front and covering space works better.

Actually enjoying online this year, but matchmaking times is crazy. Which settings are you guys using in online divisions for example?

I use network setting number 4, same team strength, same rating, no filter on assistance, even I play full manual.
Used network setting 3 but I found too many laggy parties...which is awful....even on 4 it happens sometimes.

unfortunately not as well as in 17...
In 17 when you set a marking it is tight and responsive....in 18 it is loose as feck, unless you use adv. instructions...then you get a proper marking.

Works good for me in PES 2018. When my opponent plays 4-3-3 I used it all the time.
Wing attackers are covered very well, even better when I use advance settings and set my wingbacks on "defend" keeping them back that way.

Konami is on the wright track here.

Wright-Phillips.....I miss him....loved controlling him....good dribbler :P

I feel like the main menus are a bit more tedious in regards to loading times then they were last year. Especially if you accidentally load your competition file when you boot the game up instead of play now.. Oh boy it's long.

God, I hate that either. Everytime I press something I have to wait until it´s loaded. Why is that?
Can´t that be done offline and be synchronized when you load the match for example?

Oh... so cute :P but she kicks ass same time. :CONFUSE::LOVE:

Dayum!!!! I´d love to have a few matches with her :)

DKkm4JHXoAArHwp.jpg:large

She'd make a great girlfriend.

Nahhh... Imagine getting home after a hard work day, anxious to pick the controller and play a good session of ML, only to find your gf is using the console for the next 4 hours... Once you know it your the one cooking while she´s screaming on the couch "Oh my god you should have seen this goal!!"

Back
Top Bottom