PES 2018: LIVE BROADCAST CAMERA. Please vote!

What do you think about the Broadcast Camera Close-Cuts (Automatic Zooming)?

• The close-cuts ruin an otherwise great camera. Can't use it because of that!

Votes: 135 89.4%
  • I like it the way it is. I wouldn't remove the close-cuts.

Votes: 16 10.6%

• Total voters

Chuny

-
11 December 2007
Hello everybody!

I would love to get your input on this particular matter.
Adam asked me to do this in order to make a decision along the Devs. Whether to keep the Live Broadcast Camera as it is now (and has been for several years) or to remove the Close-Cuts from it which for some of us are so annoying and make you feel kind of dizzy.

Please vote and feel free to drop a comment below explaining why you voted the way you did.

This is strictly for the available gameplay camera. Not for replays or cutscenes.

Poll will only last for two days, so hurry up.

Thank you very much.

BTW, in case you are wondering: This is what I'm talking about when I say Close-Cuts or automatic Zooming:

DIgZR9QWsAANrER.jpg

Last edited:
Voted ..it really needs to go it's so random when it happens and I just lose focus..other than that is say it's the best camera..if they decide to change it could it be done via a patch?

I Love the broadcast cam & love that Zoom in on the players, it's 1 unique camera option out of several, so why remove it?? It doesn't make sense.

Why not just add 2 versions of the broadcast camera like in the older games, 1 has the zoom in on the touchline & 1 doesn't.

I would like two options as well, but Adam didn't give me that choice, so I don't know if they're willing to add it as an option. As far as I know nobody plays with that camera because the close-ups make you get confused and dizzy. Kills the immersion for some.

Maybe it's a nice camera to watch a match but not for playing it?.
I would use this cam everytime if it didn't have the zooming.

505 Views and only 50 Votes? I'd have thought this was going to receive more attention than that.
I've seen so many people complaining about this camera for years... but when they finally pay attention, you are all stuck complaining about referees, shooting or licenses instead of picking your battles. The ones you can actually win.

I tell you... I'm on a 65inch TV playing this game at steady 60FPS 4K HDR Max settings... and those camera close up get smoother blend into gameplay!!

It's time to let go the idea of those 5 or 10 minutes games and enter real football simulation. Just wanted to let you know in terms of decision making when voting as I'm aware not everybody has those specs to play.

But this game (and many other sports sims) is not tasty on electric little man-like toys filmed from a crane TV angle any more, and is something to consider if we want to claim for cameras and so on and so forth to make the game less arcade and more true to life as it shoud be.

Camera cuts should be improved and be optional, for sure. But they must definitely stay.

I tell you... I'm on a 65inch TV playing this game at steady 60FPS 4K HDR Max settings... and those camera close up get smoother blend into gameplay!!

It's time to let go the idea of those 5 or 10 minutes games and enter real football simulation. Just wanted to let you know in terms of decision making when voting as I'm aware not everybody has those specs to play.

But this game (and many other sports sims) is not tasty on electric little man-like toys filmed from a crane TV angle any more, and is something to consider if we want to claim for cameras and so on and so forth to make the game less arcade and more true to life as it shoud be.

Camera cuts should be improved and be optional, for sure. But they must definitely stay.

When you go down the sidelines, it automatically zooms in. Since it's very easy to cross, now the camera follows the ball into the box, then instantly zooms out. IRL, the camera will pan out as the ball is crossed, so not to distort the viewers. PES just has this execution wrong from the get go. On top of that, we're not just viewers, we're playing and controlling the players. If someone hasn't played enough Player Camera before, they won't really know what to do when the random close up camera/zoom occurs.

I'd love to know the data on who actually had used this camera when it was called Broadcast 2, I'm sure it's a very small amount.

On top of that, we're not just viewers, we're playing and controlling the players

Yes. We are both and that is why we must dig deeper into options like changing camera angles on the fly. For example, I followed your explanation on Attack/Defense level for teams, and as I said before, the pace and speed of the game affects the way we "feel" and "control" what is happening. For a 57 overall match with stoppages as I play, using sider to slow the pace of the game, an attack level of orange and even green is a frantic move towards the goal. While the discarded Blue/Blue fits better for a normall pace of the game in a situation close to real time.

The same applies to referees and fouls. While in ten minute gaming refs won't whistle enough, for 55 and slow pace, I get from 10-20 fouls for each team each game. That fits stats in many real games. For the camera cuts is the same. If you play with less frantic rhythm, then suddendly camera cuts are less intrusive somehow. I agree that those low cameras on the by line are awful, but not the fact that using camera cuts would be easily integrated on the flow of the game, not disturbing but adding to the game experience.

But all comes to the point that this is useful for simulation purposes. If you play speed of light 5 minutes game, then use the little toys lateral high camera that Youtube gameplays are full of.

Last edited:
Remove closeups, but, more importantly, zoom it out. It's a great camera, but is too close to the pitch.

Yeah, well...
The thing is, when Adam asked me to make this poll to see what people really wanted (To remove Close-Ups or to not), he expected more people participating in order to get a wider range of votes and opinion. But after a week or so, there were still only about 50 votes. So I guess we all lost our chances of getting a proper camera, because most were too busy ripping each other's arms apart in the Playstation And Xbox thread.

Maybe you should mention this poll in the main thread. I didn't know it was here. Hate those zoom ins, very disorientating.

Have the option to disable it if possible. But pls pls ask them to give the option to zoom in and out on live broadcast

Only seen this now. It's the best camera without the close ups. If only it was a little more panned out as you have to rely on the radar quite a bit to do anything.

Have the option to disable it if possible. But pls pls ask them to give the option to zoom in and out on live broadcast

I wanted the Zoom/Height/Angle customization for the Broadcast camera as well but I've been told it's not possible, in order to keep performance of the game (no FPS loss). Apparently, this camera resource-consuming.

Now, it's not 100% confirmed that we will get this new camera (or the option to turn Close-Cuts ON/OFF) but the more people who can participate in the poll and leave a comment, the better.

Adam said he talked to Hosoda about it and there's a chance they might implement it. But not if only a few bunch of people want it.

I wanted the Zoom/Height/Angle customization for the Broadcast camera as well but I've been told it's not possible, in order to keep performance of the game (no FPS loss). Apparently, this camera resource-consuming.

Now, it's not 100% confirmed that we will get this new camera (or the option to turn Close-Cuts ON/OFF) but the more people who can participate in the poll and leave a comment, the better.

Adam said he talked to Hosoda about it and there's a chance they might implement it. But not if only a few bunch of people want it.

Get this thread stickied and it'll get more traction

It's been pretty bloody obvious for many years now that most people prefer to use this camera view without the silly close cuts and zooming. Not sure why Adam thinks it's necessary to gather a poll for it. Anyway, maybe next year it'll finally be changed as a result of this.:TU:

like many others said - camera is great, but the closeups are not needed, distracting like a hell, especially when u running down the line to cross the ball.

Great! sorry to be off subject, not way off though :), but if you this forum has access to Adam and Adam has access tho the developer , how possible is it to get another small easy change in the field condition option?? they kindly gave us the option to set the condition (day night etc.) for some reason Cloudy has to come with rain. I hope they can add the just cloudy option. The field looks nice with overcast/cloudy atmosphere.

Great! sorry to be off subject, not way off though :), but if you this forum has access to Adam and Adam has access tho the developer , how possible is it to get another small easy change in the field condition option?? they kindly gave us the option to set the condition (day night etc.) for some reason Cloudy has to come with rain. I hope they can add the just cloudy option. The field looks nice with overcast/cloudy atmosphere.

I will ask him about that.
I want to make clear though that I am not friends with Adam, nor do I have access to anything.
He just asked me to run this poll here because I've been asking him to have the Close-Cuts removed and other people seemed to agree with me a lot on Twitter. He just wanted to know if that was annoying to many people or just me. So he asked Hosoda and he told Adam it was possible to remove them in a future update, but only if it wouldn't piss off other fans.

I will ask him about that.
I want to make clear though that I am not friends with Adam, nor do I have access to anything.
He just asked me to run this poll here because I've been asking him to have the Close-Cuts removed and other people seemed to agree with me a lot on Twitter. He just wanted to know if that was annoying to many people or just me. So he asked Hosoda and he told Adam it was possible to remove them in a future update, but only if it wouldn't piss off other fans.
Thanks, I understand. I hope this is a small change ..the field just looks nice with overcast. :)

Back
Top Bottom