PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Episode 2 is up if anyone is interested. This game is super bittersweet as soon as you enter competition mode. Elicits all the correct emotions and joys of Football with just that little sprinkle of video game frustration. Still, gives me some sort of sense of purpose when you enter a campaign rather than just going through the motions in Exhibition matches.

"Match Day 2 of the Champions League is underway as we find out if PSG have the character to bounce back after their thrashing by Dortmund, as they travel to Prague for a troublesome night against the Minnows.
Can Slavia Prague Shock the rest of Europe & cause an upset?"

71f9c88su1oz.png

@Deco All is not lost son, We in this togethah!
I hope this is reliable, because we can use this and the cursor change.

I hope this is reliable, because we can use this and the cursor change.

It will probably break something else judging by their track record, If the patch ever shows up of course lol

But they're acknowledging the issues which is a good start.

A fouls patch might result in a bigger change - I'm hoping it means more midfield challenges etc. (as opposed to players just taking you out for no reason), and if it does, that will change the shape of the formations a little.

It could be a real game-changer. Clinging onto the hope, here.

Crossing my fingers. On the ball I love the game, but off it, I find each game (chipped through-ball) feels (chipped through-ball) really (chipped through-ball) samey.

(Chipped through-ball)

Last edited:
What is the cursor issue?

I'm wondering if people have the same issue in having where cursor switching seems unresponsive & usually when the opposition are attacking, I can only seem to select a player from my last line of defense rather than a midfielder who is closer & had a better chance of pressing & closing down before resorting to my Centre Backs.

Think that people who slagged this game off at first are starting to realise what monster of a game that it really is/could be when set up properly,and with a patch fixing the issues.
Good days ahead.,even more since it's competiton just got released.....

A fouls patch might result in a bigger change - I'm hoping it means more midfield challenges etc. (as opposed to players just taking you out for no reason), and if it does, that will change the shape of the formations a little.

It could be a real game-changer. Crossing my fingers, because on the ball I love the game, but off it, I'm finding every match feels the same.

Fouls and set pieces are important in the game nowadays, You can't be demanding more simulation and not have fouls. Not only are they a goalscoring oppurtunity for an underdog team, They result in injuries,cards and suspensions which can make things very interesting.Instead of players strolling by each other with the ball, fouls can slow the game down as well and make it more methodical.

Would be interesting to see how are they gonna fix it, Are they gonna reduce space, Just make the ref blow for more contacts or just set all the teams to rivals!

It could be a real game-changer. Clinging onto the hope, here.

Crossing my fingers. On the ball I love the game, but off it, I find each game (chipped through-ball) feels (chipped through-ball) really (chipped through-ball) samey.

(Chipped through-ball)

Hmmmm I have not really had a problem with chipped through balls. I always set my defensive line to deep and when pressing the ball I let the midfielders do that and drop my defenders back so there is little space between the defenders and goalkeeper. When I was pressing high up with defenders and leaving a lot of space between defenders and goalkeeper the AI was spamming the chipped through ball.

Fouls and set pieces are important in the game nowadays, You can't be demanding more simulation and not have fouls. Not only are they a goalscoring oppurtunity for an underdog team, They result in injuries,cards and suspensions which can make things very interesting.Instead of players strolling by each other with the ball, fouls can slow the game down as well and make it more methodical.

Would be interesting to see how are they gonna fix it, Are they gonna reduce space, Just make the ref blow for more contacts or just set all the teams to rivals!
If you compare to 16 when the foul issue was pretty much the same,but with a big difference,contact!
The CPU made perfect tackles all the time.
In 17 they made those perfect tackles less perfect (except in the box,eg no pens) so could it be that tough to make it more aggressive and sloppy?
Shouldn't be

Hmmmm I have not really had a problem with chipped through balls. I always set my defensive line to deep and when pressing the ball I let the midfielders do that and drop my defenders back so there is little space between the defenders and goalkeeper. When I was pressing high up with defenders and leaving a lot of space between defenders and goalkeeper the AI was spamming the chipped through ball.
I've no where near the same amount of them either.
Reason is I play Pes 18 defence,and not 17,or even worse,FIFA legacy defending
If you chase and press,CPU destroys you in a second!

For me player switching has been the biggest problem. Since I play Online selecting the right player when defending is crucial, I even find that using the RS doesn't work properly yet either. But that has to be quite easy to fix.

The fouls though is a tricky thing to get right actually in regards to online. Since it's just 10 min matches you don't want it to be to many fouls either since it will disrupt the game/flow. But I agree that it has to be looked at.

For me player switching has been the biggest problem. Since I play Online selecting the right player when defending is crucial, I even find that using the RS doesn't work properly yet either. But that has to be quite easy to fix.

The fouls though is a tricky thing to get right actually in regards to online. Since it's just 10 min matches you don't want it to be to many fouls either since it will disrupt the game/flow. But I agree that it has to be looked at.
I agree on the player switching,it's not good,it's not a big issue for me though,I'm playing with the secondary icon thingy:)
But it's very bad compared to other Pes games

I agree on the player switching,it's not good,it's not a big issue for me though,I'm playing with the secondary icon thingy:)
But it's very bad compared to other Pes games

Yeah, I might try that, the "icon thingy". ;)

Yup, strange season this for us, selling players, not replacing them, playing really good sometimes, horrible at other times. But you guys are on to something really good, in a season or two I'm sure you will be much higher up in the table.

Sorry for OT you other non- swedes...;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I might try that, the "icon thingy". ;)

Yup, strange season this for us, selling players, not replacing them, playing really good sometimes, horrible at other times. But you guys are on to something really good, in a season or two I'm sure you will be much higher up in the table.

Sorry for OT you other non- swedes...;)
I think you're right in regards of our clubs there pal.
I was so confused with the "thingy" at first,but I'd say it does it's job,having a "sleeping" second player icon close to your active one,makes for a fast switch,which sometime is needed.
Like putting in secondary pressure,then move on with one of you're players to its next destination.
Tricky at first,but you'll get there

Back
Top Bottom