hatesince97 FIFA 23 Mods | GP 1.3.0 released

@hatesince97 1.2.0 I like, the pace is very realistic, if someone wants it faster can raise the sliders. For fouls did you leave "kill_everyone=1"? Asking you to understand if I have to insert my mod to cancel the killer fouls. They seem to be there.

Hi
1.2.0 is definitely a step in the wrong way, TBH
Everythings feels sluggish, and not in a natural way like what I believe you wanted to implement. 1.1.0 was better in my opinion.
I agree with you that the game feels sluggish at times. The thing is, I wanted to slow everything down but I guess this gameplay will never fully please me. Actually I can’t play because I always find something I don’t like.

@hatesince97 1.2.0 I like, the pace is very realistic, if someone wants it faster can raise the sliders. For fouls did you leave "kill_everyone=1"? Asking you to understand if I have to insert my mod to cancel the killer fouls. They seem to be there.
I disabled it but some tackles will always be there.

I agree with you that the game feels sluggish at times. The thing is, I wanted to slow everything down but I guess this gameplay will never fully please me. Actually I can’t play because I always find something I don’t like.
I think @Chris Davies said it best a while ago. ‘FIFA is both too fast and too slow at the same time’

Last edited:
I think @Chris Davies said it best a while ago. ‘The game is both too fast and too slow at the same time’
(Oh no, you've tagged me now... Here I go.) The balancing of the game is bizarre. Without sliders/mods, players shuffle along like OAPs on a skating rink at times, yet passes fly like the ball's made of plastic and being shot out of a cannon.

(Not to mention weight/power transfer and momentum when passing isn't a thing any more - there's no initial phase of ball acceleration, it's just instantly moving like a bullet - and that's despite their fancy "ball deformation" animation where the ball crumples in a frankly silly manner on each pass as if it's been hit by a sledgehammer.)

Yet during a transition, players develop speed beyond their attributes and fly like rockets to... go and stand still, on their designated spot.

And shot physics are completely random (not just "varied", which is a good thing - or dependent on positioning, ball speed etc. - but random). The same situation can produce a cannonball shot or a ball that floats away like a shopping bag in the breeze, behaving nothing like a football.

The physics are (compared to reality) the worst they've been in a very long time - genuinely since previous generations of consoles. Not just weird and fake but manipulated to ensure the "right" outcome to make the user feel good.

Why (despite all the processing power)? Simple. Because they're no longer football-game physics. They're "fun physics". And I can only see them doubling-down on this approach, and then having the absolute brass neck to call them "realistic" in all their PR - which I really, really wish someone in the gaming press would have the balls to call them out on, because it's an out-and-out lie.

We all know what the game looks like, but it's good to be reminded sometimes...

...and remember, IT WAS OBVIOUS IN THE TRAILER. Which shows how little of a shit EA give about this - because it's not impacting sales. The majority don't care.

(Oh no, you've tagged me now... Here I go.) The balancing of the game is bizarre. Without sliders/mods, players shuffle along like OAPs on a skating rink at times, yet passes fly like the ball's made of plastic and being shot out of a cannon.

(Not to mention weight/power transfer and momentum when passing isn't a thing any more - there's no initial phase of ball acceleration, it's just instantly moving like a bullet - and that's despite their fancy "ball deformation" animation where the ball crumples in a frankly silly manner on each pass as if it's been hit by a sledgehammer.)

Yet during a transition, players develop speed beyond their attributes and fly like rockets to... go and stand still, on their designated spot.

And shot physics are completely random (not just "varied", which is a good thing - or dependent on positioning, ball speed etc. - but random). The same situation can produce a cannonball shot or a ball that floats away like a shopping bag in the breeze, behaving nothing like a football.

The physics are (compared to reality) the worst they've been in a very long time - genuinely since previous generations of consoles. Not just weird and fake but manipulated to ensure the "right" outcome to make the user feel good.

Why (despite all the processing power)? Simple. Because they're no longer football-game physics. They're "fun physics". And I can only see them doubling-down on this approach, and then having the absolute brass neck to call them realistic in all their PR - which I really, really wish someone in the gaming press would have the balls to call them out on, because it's an out-and-out lie.
I fully agree on that. Was playing FIFA 14 last night and thinking, how this game has gone so wrong in less than 10 years ? We could play some proper football matches at least until FIFA 17. But yeah, as you said, football is not what matters here. I wish it was the case…

GP 1.2.0

Major changes in animations and shots, passing physics. I'm slowly getting to the point where i can't stand this game anymore (again). Animations needed to be slowed down to avoid players doing 3 ball touches in one millisecond and also to decrease the AI ping pong. Let me know your thoughts.

By the way, when loading the mod into FMM you way not see the mod title. I got this error a few times when exporting. I'm just too lazy to start the whole project again but don't worry, mod is working 100%.

LINKS

FMM
: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8sg1oy00e68oznu/HS97_GP_1.2.0.fifamod/file

FMT : https://www.mediafire.com/file/6nplfr3jzn5wgxr/HS97_GP_1.2.0.fbmod/file
I feel you, Mate. Due to my Pc s Problems which didn’t let me run any game at the moment I decided last weekend to pull out my old PS3. I still have some old FIFAs on it installed. I played some matches FIFA 12, 13, 17. On Sunday I started a Career Mode with FIFA 12 with Spurs in PL. Besides the fun fact to playing with some old great Players from that time, the gameplay on this 11,5 year old game got me. I know EA always cares more about Console Version than Pc Version. The technical site of FIFA 12 was ways better than I could remember. Gameplay is much more fun to play than any newer FIFA. If I had a record tool for my PS3 I had recorded some gameplay of it. The Ai tries to shot on my goal from outside the box everytime they had a chance to do so. Crosses, so many crosses and goals due from AI crosses with header. I couldn’t believe EA had that genius gameplay code in their early games and with the following years they killed it. Also defending, attacking was much more difficult than todays games. You cannot play ping pong balls in front of goals or create a chance by just using a flick trick. It feels really more than real football without that hilarious dribbling and 100% effective AI in front of goals. I see the Ai missing big chances. Just like in real life. On the other side they score when they have created good position for the strikers.
Just sad to see such things was there in FIFA games before.
I think it’s gone at last with FIFA 14. Even I love FIFA 16, but what I could play with FIFA 12 was amazing. Just more randomness, better ball Physics, animations of the Player just from his base just more natural. Of course it’s old game, it have his negative things. But I couldn’t discover that much. Besides the resolution of the game on my PS3 of course. 720p was a mess to look at. 😄

Brings me to that conclusion, that we never will have this beauty of the old games spirit where EA‘s Vision of an attempt to make an simulation game instead the money-making Flipper Version called hypermotion 2 or something else.

Ps: The Career Mode Features in FIFA 12 was close to the features of FIFA 23 today. Frightening that they change only the surface. 🙂

[In FIFA 12] you cannot play ping pong balls in front of goals or create a chance by just using a flick trick. It feels really more than real football without that hilarious dribbling and 100% effective AI in front of goals. I see the Ai missing big chances. Just like in real life. On the other side they score when they have created good position for the strikers.
My only hope is that this is cyclical, and that we had a period of more sim-themed games, now we've got the "fun"-themed games, and that eventually - to make a truly fresh-feeling game that shocks all the current players who are getting bored of the same old gameplay - they decide to shock us all, and make a much more "manual", much harder, much more realistic game with some super-realistic AI.

(I've said it before and I'll say it again - I genuinely think all players would love it if that happened because it would be so new, it'd be like playing a football game for the first time ever, all over again.)

Of course, I don't actually believe it IS cyclical - because the switch to "fun"-themed gameplay stemmed immediatedly from the discovery that Ultimate Team made mega-mega-mega-bucks, and suddenly the focus was on what those players want (with the biggest spenders being fairly young)... which is the fastest, most cartoon-like gameplay imaginable.

Sadly, I don't think that'll ever change now. They make too much money to not be the focus. Our only hope is deeper, more powerful gameplay customisation (beyond sliders that barely work because of how much new code has been built on top of the pre-existing code)...

I feel you, Mate. Due to my Pc s Problems which didn’t let me run any game at the moment I decided last weekend to pull out my old PS3. I still have some old FIFAs on it installed. I played some matches FIFA 12, 13, 17. On Sunday I started a Career Mode with FIFA 12 with Spurs in PL. Besides the fun fact to playing with some old great Players from that time, the gameplay on this 11,5 year old game got me. I know EA always cares more about Console Version than Pc Version. The technical site of FIFA 12 was ways better than I could remember. Gameplay is much more fun to play than any newer FIFA. If I had a record tool for my PS3 I had recorded some gameplay of it. The Ai tries to shot on my goal from outside the box everytime they had a chance to do so. Crosses, so many crosses and goals due from AI crosses with header. I couldn’t believe EA had that genius gameplay code in their early games and with the following years they killed it. Also defending, attacking was much more difficult than todays games. You cannot play ping pong balls in front of goals or create a chance by just using a flick trick. It feels really more than real football without that hilarious dribbling and 100% effective AI in front of goals. I see the Ai missing big chances. Just like in real life. On the other side they score when they have created good position for the strikers.
I think it’s gone at last with FIFA 14. Even I love FIFA 16, but what I could play with FIFA 12 was amazing. Just more randomness, better ball Physics, animations of the Player just from his base just more natural. Of course it’s old game, it have his negative things. But I couldn’t discover that much. Besides the resolution of the game on my PS3 of course. 720p was a mess to look at. 😄

Brings me to that conclusion, that we never will have this beauty of the old games spirit where EA‘s Vision of an attempt to make an simulation game instead the money-making Flipper Version called hypermotion 2 or something else.

Ps: The Career Mode Features in FIFA 12 was close to the features of FIFA 23 today. Frightening that they change only the surface. 🙂
You described my exact feeling when playing FIFA 12 a few months ago. I don’t have a PS3 anymore, so I played it on PC. I guess it’s even better on console as it has always been with fifa games. Even 23 is better on console despite next gen features being included on PC.
What I really like about old titles, is that the whole animation is played when doing passes, shots etc. And there’s no power headers and shots, no balls flying away from after a small contact, ball can actually roll in the air without changing its trajectory due to some magical forces, as it is in 23.
We could talk for hours about that…

At this point I’m not even sure I’ll be able to play another good football game in my lifetime lol 😂

In what way?
I don’t know exactly but I assume that some gameplay files are different since the overall gameplay feels a bit different (especially on positioning). Placebo? I don’t know. And I guess we’ll never know until we’re able to open console gameplay files.

You described my exact feeling when playing FIFA 12 a few months ago. I don’t have a PS3 anymore, so I played it on PC. I guess it’s even better on console as it has always been with fifa games. Even 23 is better on console despite next gen features being included on PC.
What I really like about old titles, is that the whole animation is played when doing passes, shots etc. And there’s no power headers and shots, no balls flying away from after a small contact, ball can actually roll in the air without changing its trajectory due to some magical forces, as it is in 23.
We could talk for hours about that…

At this point I’m not even sure I’ll be able to play another good football game in my lifetime lol 😂
Yes, the old games have much potential to talk about hours. I can confirm also that the Ps3 Version of FIFA 12 is a little bit more entertaining than the PC Version. But I tested both and the PC Version is also very good for playing old school FIFA. :))
Mate, anyway I hope you stay at your FIFA 23 Gameplay mod. Your mod, Anth James mod, FifaCcitiu and Paul´s mod gives us that FIFA Season much more excellent choices. I understand that at a particular point it´s difficult to create something new in the gameplay mods.
Today I get my PC back after 10 days, so many GP mods releases I have missed since there.

My only hope is that this is cyclical, and that we had a period of more sim-themed games, now we've got the "fun"-themed games, and that eventually - to make a truly fresh-feeling game that shocks all the current players who are getting bored of the same old gameplay - they decide to shock us all, and make a much more "manual", much harder, much more realistic game with some super-realistic AI.

(I've said it before and I'll say it again - I genuinely think all players would love it if that happened because it would be so new, it'd be like playing a football game for the first time ever, all over again.)

Of course, I don't actually believe it IS cyclical - because the switch to "fun"-themed gameplay stemmed immediatedly from the discovery that Ultimate Team made mega-mega-mega-bucks, and suddenly the focus was on what those players want (with the biggest spenders being fairly young)... which is the fastest, most cartoon-like gameplay imaginable.

Sadly, I don't think that'll ever change now. They make too much money to not be the focus. Our only hope is deeper, more powerful gameplay customisation (beyond sliders that barely work because of how much new code has been built on top of the pre-existing code)...
Agree! It´s unfortunetly like in any other company in the world. Why change the money machine concept when you still can get fatter with it?
Last week I played against my Cousins 13 year old son FIFA. Of course he only wants to play 23 on his PS 5 against me. After 3 games I asked him to play FIFA 16 on his Ps5. I had taken the game disc from my Ps4 Library at my home. After 1 game in half time my Cousins son quit the game because it "felt" so slow and clunky to play the game considered to 23. :))

I don’t know exactly but I assume that some gameplay files are different since the overall gameplay feels a bit different (especially on positioning). Placebo? I don’t know. And I guess we’ll never know until we’re able to open console gameplay files.
You could be right, considering the game is ported to PC like most games nowadays, or maybe it's just placebo as you said, lol, because I haven't heard anyone say the gameplay between the two versions are different before, especially with the PC version now being 'next gen' like the consoles.

I own it on both PS5 and PC now, so I might have a few games on each with the same settings and teams etc to see if I feel there's a difference now you mention it.

hey bro. i follow your gameplay mod from the first one. i play career mode with cpu vs cpu because i like watching match instead play it. from all your mods, i think the most realistic for me is your mod the one called "FOOTBALL REVOLUTION GAMEPLAY". i play with that mod until TU10. but when TU11 came out, the mod no longer works. can you make it works with TU11? because that mod is the best for me so far. i appreciate your help and keep up your good work bro :D

Yes, the old games have much potential to talk about hours. I can confirm also that the Ps3 Version of FIFA 12 is a little bit more entertaining than the PC Version. But I tested both and the PC Version is also very good for playing old school FIFA. :))
Mate, anyway I hope you stay at your FIFA 23 Gameplay mod. Your mod, Anth James mod, FifaCcitiu and Paul´s mod gives us that FIFA Season much more excellent choices. I understand that at a particular point it´s difficult to create something new in the gameplay mods.
Today I get my PC back after 10 days, so many GP mods releases I have missed since there.
I’ll stay of course, I always came back even when quitting for a few months. Maybe I’ll just update the mod less frequently mate!

Hi guys!

Next gp version will be cross, cross, cross, cross. I found a way to get AI crossing in different situations and of course different types of crosses. I need to work a bit on physicality. Hopefully i can share it within tomorrow evening.

Have a good night everyone!

GP 1.3.0 released.

• Worked on animations again. Overall, current animations state is way smoother.
  • New ball physics. More ball roll in the air which allows to perform curling passes.
  • More physicality overall.
  • Less strenght in headers and more realistic aerial duels.
  • More crosses. Now, players usually prefer to cross when being on the wing rather than pass or shoot.
  • Balanced AI shots and passes errors.
I hope you will enjoy!

LINKS

FMM : https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn4fpxkvequs99w/HS97_GP_1.3.0.fifamod/file

FMT : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9a81iqwpah78bhh/HS97_GP_1.3.0.fbmod/file

Just played a couple of matches with u're latest gameplay mod,

Really like the pace of the game
It can be slow and fast,
The ball physics are great(for fifa23 hehe)
Did not see any weird, unrealistic headers anymore, so that is also nice!

Had some exciting matches, I play with passing and shooting on semi

Thanks for trying to make fifa23 enjoyable for all of us!

Just played a couple of matches with u're latest gameplay mod,

Really like the pace of the game
It can be slow and fast,
The ball physics are great(for fifa23 hehe)
Did not see any weird, unrealistic headers anymore, so that is also nice!

Had some exciting matches, I play with passing and shooting on semi

Thanks for trying to make fifa23 enjoyable for all of us!
Thanks mate! I played on semi as well lately, felt nice tbh. I decreased the general assistance so let’s say that’s half semi half manual now. There’s still plenty of things I’d like to change so let’s see what I come up with!

Thanks mate! I played on semi as well lately, felt nice tbh. I decreased the general assistance so let’s say that’s half semi half manual now. There’s still plenty of things I’d like to change so let’s see what I come up with!
U're welcome! Usually I play pes21, finally I can enjoy fifa23 with this! Besides the 'skating' of the players..which seems to be also a little bit less with u're mod!

Excited what U come up with in the next gameplay mod!

Thanks

Last edited:
Just a heads up might be my end mate played a few games last night started getting random crashes only happened since inputting the GP will do more solving later mate when home from work I am using the FMM version I have it as number 3 as 1 I have real attendance and at number two esim nets

Just a heads up might be my end mate played a few games last night started getting random crashes only happened since inputting the GP will do more solving later mate when home from work I am using the FMM version I have it as number 3 as 1 I have real attendance and at number two esim nets
Oh that sounds weird, I didn’t have any crashes. Let me know if it persists.

GP 1.3.0 released.

• Worked on animations again. Overall, current animations state is way smoother.
  • New ball physics. More ball roll in the air which allows to perform curling passes.
  • More physicality overall.
  • Less strenght in headers and more realistic aerial duels.
  • More crosses. Now, players usually prefer to cross when being on the wing rather than pass or shoot.
  • Balanced AI shots and passes errors.
I hope you will enjoy!

LINKS

FMM : https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn4fpxkvequs99w/HS97_GP_1.3.0.fifamod/file

FMT : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9a81iqwpah78bhh/HS97_GP_1.3.0.fbmod/file
Perfect pace, headers really balanced to me, everything are good in this version. Did you change anything Abt midfield? Because i dont see any stacking midfield anymore. Great job

Perfect pace, headers really balanced to me, everything are good in this version. Did you change anything Abt midfield? Because i dont see any stacking midfield anymore. Great job
Thank you! Just some small tweaks in midfield. I reworked animations and by consequence speed and acceleration. That’s what is making the difference!

Back
Top Bottom