Football Boots

Strange, no picts on this topic of the new Nike in carbon

Nike Mercurial SL

vaporsl2dt1.jpg

vaporsamplebig.jpg

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JqPFSM0K8

Last edited:
You guys are spending money on expensive football boots, but can't even kick a ball properly...

Very true Stringer, a lot is being said here which quite wierd, some of us like the idea technology, and most of all the marketing that goes into football boots, yes they maybe expensive, flashy and in most cases pointless, but dont knock another dude's passion. At the same most of these firms need to recoup the money spent on research and design!!!!!

Moreover, lets not forget the kids who cant afford the boots and those being maltreated in sweatshops or even the animals being killed to generate the leather as there are good points so are there bad points but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions and taste!!!!

I agree its not the boot that makes player... its the way he/she ties the laces and shoots at angle of 145.2 degrees (had to end it lightly :lol: )

lighten up people they are just football boots (well not to me haha)

@Thomas ... thanks for the SL pictures, i totally forgot

Last edited:
I play foot for some good years, and i just like to see the boots and their designs (since i'm studying arts i enjoy a good built shoe), and i can guaranty you i play better then you in any kind of soccer, and beat you any day. So unless you have something more to say and your not going to post anything useful just gtfo.

I play foot for some good years, and i just like to see the boots and their designs (since i'm studying arts i enjoy a good built shoe), and i can guaranty you i play better then you in any kind of soccer, and beat you any day. So unless you have something more to say and your not going to post anything useful just gtfo.

Oh, is that why you study art and I play professional football?! :lol:

(I have counted 3 times already on this thread alone where your attitude has been shit mate)

Strange why Nike arent promoting those Carbon MVs yet,the date on the video says November 2007...I had expected Ronaldo to wear those already but its not been seen yet...

Oh sorry dude.

Your a lol, just because you play in a "professional" level, your still better then any1?
Many players thought like that until they were crossed with great young talents like ronaldo or messi and often they lost, but oh well since playing in a professional league means your the best and no1 can surpass you, keep playing the game and enjoy it!

Mate, you said you were better than everyone on here?
An arrogant statement by all means so I merely said I play professional football compared to you being an art student.

Do you not understand the concept of the point? Are you 14?

@Martherto.. thats a nice absolute.... and its a bargain!!

@Phrase... i am sure they are putting together a super strategy to bring it to the light.... he even wore them for those "untouchables" nike kit launch picture.

Just slightly off topic...does the boots actually contribute anything to the player? I believe some boots suits some playing positions and some does not...I got myself the latest Adidas Powerpulses in white and they look mint.I play in central defence or midfield and I find myself having better touch and passing with these boots.I even notice the accuracy and power in my passes and if I wanna add curl to them,its relatively easy.

I was using the Nike Legends before the Powerpulse and I must admit,although the Legends are 100% comfort and 100% touch,you have to be really good with your own touch and close control to be able to pull off a 50-70-yarder pass.With the Powerpulse,I make those passes easy and often,I even take goal kicks better than my keeper.

Question is...is it all really true in facts that the boots does help or its all in the mind? Discuss.

phrase, greatest players didn't have the boots we've today in fact most of them in their early childhood didn't have any type of shoes to start with, so i believe its all up to the player however the boots today just makes the players life easier being comfy and light...

Last edited:
I think that to, boots are just for the player to feel more comfortable, they don't magically make you better, they can make you more comfortable so you can play better by that i mean with your feet more comfy.
phrase i think your case is just like this, you liked the legends but they didn't give you full comfortability on your feet, boots need to adapt perfectly to the feet so you feel the ball not just play it, with the pulses you get the feeling of playing better but its just psicological you play good with any of those, pulses just give you that missing comfortability(again this word lol).

wow.. great stuff.. i cant wait to get them esp in orange!!!

more champs league swerve pics also... what other colour of the swerves is that

LFC3.jpg

Yeah i saw that Ronaldo vid on soccer am, but not as complete as that. I have really similar boots, same shape etc just not as new, still Mercurial Vapours.

Wow you guys have a real nike store, we here just have stores that have nike shoes... so they have some of them. London seems to have some nice places for soccer. Wish i could trip there. =/

Back
Top Bottom