Zenit St. Petersburg

Pinto da Costa rejected a 50M€ offer for Hulk. He even laughed when a reporter told him that Zenit board has decided to pull off the deal. 100M€ or GTFO basically he said.

He said that Porto didn't need Álvaro any more as they think Alex Sandro is better than him. Besides the player wanted to leave so Porto had to accept to sell him. Imo, that's bullocks, Pinto da Costa has just lost his battle against Álvaro Pereira and was forced to sell the player way under marker value.

Yeah. Whatever. Gazprom fks up yet again. They gotta start the process months in advance not a week before. If things fall through, sign another player. They never learn...
Still might sign someone but it might be someone like arshavin.

qY4zMP6JijU.jpg

Even more "fun" news for us. Looks like Schalke is getting Afellay on loan, and Spalletti specifically targeted him a few weeks ago. Looks like Gazprom decided that they've gained enough popularity in Russia (Zenit is the most popular club in Russia at the moment, according to some surveys), and now it's time to go after Europe, hence the NOT signing of Papa and loan of Afellay.

The fairy-tale is coming to an end. Oh well, I remember when I was around 16-17 years old my dream was for Zenit to be featured in FIFA (at that time I didnt even know PES existed TBH), and it did come true about 9 years later (although PES did it a couple of years earlier). That alone at least gives me some satisfaction. In any case, no matter how we play or who plays for the team, I'm going to be supporting them.

Yeah, maybe Gazprom recently started to pay more attention to Europe, but ... Do not worry, buddy, I do not think they will leave Zenit, as you might think, since it is a very good reason. This reason is that Gazprom is a state company whose revenue comes mainly from the pockets of ordinary taxpayers, and the fact that their money will be spent on the European team can really disturb them, because even the fact that a few years ago, Zenith spent a lot of money , Gazprom's money, to buy expensive players, not very welcome among the rest of the fans, then there is nothing to talk about. Plus, the heads of Gazprom are big fans of Zenit. So I do not think it is worth while to worry, because while Gazprom will not be sever relations with our club and the fairytale will continue. ;)

I can't handle 3 more days of torture. Just sign SOMEONE please...I can't even sleep well anymore.

On another hand, Kerzh is back at the top of the goal scorer's list. Good job, Sasha!

Поздравляю всех фанов нашего клуба с подписанием этого суперфутболиста! Спасибо Спалетти, спасибо Миллер, спасибо Зенит! Ура, товарищи!
t09004.gif

Congratulations to all the fans of the club with the acquisition of this super player! Thanks Spalletti, thanks Miller, thanks you Zenit! Hurrah!
t09004.gif

Where did you hear about 100 million? All I heard was that they approved Hulk's transfer fee of 50 million, but that's it. Looks like the Greek defender from Schalke is very likely to happen though - for around 20 mil.

Update: According to sport-express Zenit's board of directors decided that 50 mil is too much, so most likely no Hulk. Oh well, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Still there's a chance, but I won't have my hopes up to high.

So it seems I was right :)

Congrats mates we got HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really pissed about this. Uefa must regulate the transfer window and make it equal for everyone.

Rich teams like Zenit can just buy players like today from other champions league teams, and those teams can't buy new players to replace them because the market is already closed everywhere except Russia and France.

That's bullshit.

Anyway, Hulk and Witsel are huge players, and Porto and Benfica will miss them a lot. Looks like Zenit is trying to help Sporting Lisbon by making their opponents weaker.

Really pissed about this. Uefa must regulate the transfer window and make it equal for everyone.

Rich teams like Zenit can just buy players like today from other champions league teams, and those teams can't buy new players to replace them because the market is already closed everywhere except Russia and France.

That's bullshit.

Anyway, Hulk and Witsel are huge players, and Porto and Benfica will miss them a lot. Looks like Zenit is trying to help Sporting Lisbon by making their opponents weaker.

They should also regulate when the league starts then too.

That's bullshit.

help Sporting? Why? For Marat Izmailov?)

Well, Porto and Benfica had the choice not to sell their players. In the end, money talks! :D

Is there any particular reason why Zenit have so much more money than the other Russian clubs?

They seem to manage to strengthen with major signings and the other clubs don't? But I thought most of the major Russian clubs had huge backing.

Is there any particular reason why Zenit have so much more money than the other Russian clubs?

They seem to manage to strengthen with major signings and the other clubs don't? But I thought most of the major Russian clubs had huge backing.
Maybe you forgott Anzhi ?

Back
Top Bottom