Zenit St. Petersburg

Bruno did it again, can't blaim Hulk, what a blast into the woodwork!! Wow!

Anyway, this seems like a little crisis.. on other hand Milan looks even worse, Anderlecht we should win..

I think Malaga might win this group, Zenit should finish second.

IF BRUNO START NEXT GAME - IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY WE SCORE, WE STILL LOSE!

Btw there is a solution to this mess:

Hubocan, Criscito, Witsel and Danny.. Lets hope they get back soon!

ps. ISCO is A BEAST!!!!

Malaga was simply better and Isco has once again proven that he can become a player of Iniesta caliber in the next couple of years.

Have to agree there. Isco is our next 40,000,000 euro target. :))

ahahah :) Cmon we are not City or Anzhi.. We saved almost 2 years to buy two players. Witsel is well worth the money(remember its RPL not EPL :)) Hulk is bit overrated but he will help us bring new star players, besides that he got amazing power shot, he will score just wait :)

ahahah :) Cmon we are not City or Anzhi.. We saved almost 2 years to buy two players. Witsel is well worth the money(remember its RPL not EPL :)) Hulk is bit overrated but he will help us bring new star players, besides that he got amazing power shot, he will score just wait :)

I know, I was just joking.

Hulk, yeah, a bit overrated I guess. I think the only thing he knows how to do well is to shoot with his left foot. However, his left foot is pretty powerful, so if he is left open he can score some goals. I guess by November we'll know whether Hulk and Witsel are worth the money or not.

On the other hand. We're going to be screwed in about a year. Shirokov, Zyryanov are done and ready for retirement. Fayzulin is not a leader and at best a bench player. So basically we got no Russian players in midfield and with the RPL limit on the amount of foreigners, that means we're really in trouble. I don't even know who we could get to replace these guys. Glushakov and Dzagoev are the only two guys who come to mind, but both of those probably cost crazy money. I don't know what we're going to do.

Shirokov isn't done. Zyrianov and Semak are close to retirement.

Shirokov has another couple years at high level at least maybe even 3 years. He can still play very well.

As for Hulk and Witsel, they both ARE worth the money. You'll see it very soon. :)

Both are quality players! Hulk isn't over-rated. He's a great player! It's unfair to judge him after like 3 games. He's adapting to a completely new team, country, language and culture.

Shirokov isn't done. Zyrianov and Semak are close to retirement.

Shirokov has another couple years at high level at least maybe even 3 years. He can still play very well.

As for Hulk and Witsel, they both ARE worth the money. You'll see it very soon. :)

Both are quality players! Hulk isn't over-rated. He's a great player! It's unfair to judge him after like 3 games. He's adapting to a completely new team, country, language and culture.

I hope so. I understand that they need some time to adapt, no question, I guess my expectations were set a bit too high.

Like Arshavin said after Euro: "If we didn't meet your expectation, that's your problem!":COOL:

I really think Zenit could do with a top class goalkeeper. I've never been totally convinced by Malafeev at the highest levels and at 33/34 they really should been looking for a replacement. A few years ago they had a huge Slovakian guy called Kamil Kontofalsky as a back up keeper and he was actually a very good substitution goalkeeper, and probably good enough to be the first choice keeper. I think the threat of him made Malafeev improve his game and really drove him to play above himself, but now the Slovakian is gone and the new sub keeper (Zhevnov the Belarussian) isnt that good and Malafeev is confortably first choice so I dont know how motivated he is in the way Kontofalsky pushed him to be a better keeper. All of Zenit's main keepers (Malafeev, Zhevnov and Borodin) are all over 30 so they could do with purchasing a good replacement. They do have a youth keeper called Zaytsev who has the potential to be excellent, but he is very young and it's a risk for the team over the next 4-5 years not to have a reasonably young top class goalkeeper.

Looking at other keepers in the RPL like Akinfeev, Gabulov, Shunin even Ryzhikov (perhaps a little old at 31) could be good options to have. Looking outside of Russia they could get Bandura (Metalurg Donyetsk) or Rybka when his back from suspention in a year or so, he will cost nothing. Tytoń at PSV, Tatarusanu at Steaua could also be good younger options who wouldnt cost a huge amount of money.

You're right. We do need to start thinking about a replacement. Maybe a couple of good years left in Slava (Malafeev). I'm sure Akinfeev and Gabulov are not for sale at the moment and Shunin is a big question mark (look at his play this year - terrible), so Russian options are limited. Knowing how poor our scouting department is, we'll probably end up overpaying for someone average.

Ok, great game today from Hulk. Beautiful first goal and 2 passes that were supposed to end up in a goal but didn't. The rest of the team, from the sound of it, is unhappy about the new players (probably want better contracts) and that's why team is playing like shit.

What can I say to these guys....Fuck you! You're playing for a club, and not for yourself. If you want to play for yourself, go play in the yard with the boys for FREE! If you're getting paid to play, then play, otherwise you'll sit on the bench.

UPD: Here's Hulk's goal.
YouTube - ÐšÑ€Ñ‹Ð»ÑŒÑ Ð¡Ð¾Ð²ÐµÑ‚Ð¾Ð² — Зенит 2-1 Гол Халка

Last edited:
It seems that with the arrival of Hulk and Witsel, falling apart our beloved club. I hope that the game will improve and that in all that happens is not to blame the money, though ... Guys, gather. :((

Ok, great game today from Hulk. Beautiful first goal and 2 passes that were supposed to end up in a goal but didn't. The rest of the team, from the sound of it, is unhappy about the new players (probably want better contracts) and that's why team is playing like shit.

What can I say to these guys....Fuck you! You're playing for a club, and not for yourself. If you want to play for yourself, go play in the yard with the boys for FREE! If you're getting paid to play, then play, otherwise you'll sit on the bench.

Agree completely. If all the news about Denisov and Kerzhakov are true, they should be sold, regardless of their status at the club. In my opinion even if you aren't happy with your contract, there is no reason to involve the whole squad and a head coach into intrigue that can potentially harm the club. That is not how the real men solve their problems.

Agree completely. If all the news about Denisov and Kerzhakov are true, they should be sold, regardless of their status at the club. In my opinion even if you aren't happy with your contract, there is no reason to involve the whole squad and a head coach into intrigue that can potentially harm the club. That is not how the real men solve their problems.

TBH, football or soccer has not been associated with real men for a while now, especially when guys like this or Ronaldo are the "stars" of the show. I think hockey is much more of a man's sport than soccer. In hockey your tooth gets knocked out you get up and play harder. In soccer someone blows on you, you fall down. It's just a habit more than anything for me to follow soccer.

Great game, Hulk! It feels like hes playing against everyone. I watched the highlights, and how could Krylia's right back (bald guy) played the full 90 mins?! Hulk, such a great and loyal player, does not deserve this. Wish him the best!

Go Hulk!

Great game, Hulk! It feels like hes playing against everyone. I watched the highlights, and how could Krylia's right back (bald guy) played the full 90 mins?! Hulk, such a great and loyal player, does not deserve this. Wish him the best!

Go Hulk!

Yeah, Hulk seems like a decent man. Good luck to him and to the team...Hope they get all this crap sorted out.

I mentioned his shot couple posts ago and here we go!

Hulk has one interesting thing about him, he pulls at least one of those bombs per match. This one went in, other against Malaga hit the woodwork. Its like having a cannon in your arsenal. He will do great in Zenit.

Denisov is really really really good DMF, even his new 20 mil tag on transfermarket dosent do the justice to him.

He is bulldog type player that gives his soul on the field. After Spaletti arival he is getting couple of cards per season..for DMF thats very good. Smart player.

It will be a big loss, he is best DMF with Russian passport. No idea how to replace him, so I wish them to settle this.

Zenit will have to play more attacking style football if Denisov is not playing. With Hulk and Bystrov/Danny we get very mobile team, our middlefield is running out of steam tho.. Witsel should start now on Denisov position.

Very strange story with Denisov and Kerzhakov, I still do not believe its all about the money.. must be something else too.

Very strange story with Denisov and Kerzhakov, I still do not believe its all about the money.. must be something else too.

It's about money, envy & their own ego. I think, you need to get rid of the cancers, asap. Stability & everyone rowing in the same direction is needed. About Hulk, as soon as he feels wanted & confident, his performances will increase massively. :))

It's about money, envy & their own ego. I think, you need to get rid of the cancers, asap. Stability & everyone rowing in the same direction is needed. About Hulk, as soon as he feels wanted & confident, his performances will increase massively. :))

I agree, but feel really sad..on the pitch he is wonderful player.. Witsel can't replace him, he isnt as DMF minded as Denisov.. We spent 80mil and now need new players ASAP AGAIN! Damn :/

Interesting screenshot:

fifa13_denisov.jpg

For those who don't speak Russian:
Basically Denisov is asking for more money in FIFA CM, same as what's been happing in RL :)

Tbh, whilst I missed a lot of the 2nd half, Suarez could have had about 5 goals in the 1st half.

Lucky he turned into Fernando Torres.

FD

Back
Top Bottom