Zenit St. Petersburg

Congrats on the win. It was a nice match, it's a pity it had to be played in such a "turf" (?).

That Bruno Alves...always the same, injurying players.

See you in a couple of weeks!;)
Thanks mate, Benfica is really a worthy opponent, you played very well today, but we were able to play a little better ... :SMUG: Hopefully in two weeks in Portugal's Benfica and Zenit will show what it means to play real football. Good luck and let the best team win! ;)

As for the turf, mate, just look at how our climate in the northern regions in mid-February and will understand all yourself. Good luck! :P

I obviously know that the turf was not your fault and, as a skilled team, you also did as much as you could to have the best pitch as possible..but unfortunately not much could be done with the current weather. But that was a pity...

I don't feel Benfica had a great game, but it's understandable... I also know you're better than you showed tonight.. we'll have a great second leg for sure, I think it will be an open match. Benfica scores a lot of goals at home, but let other teams play, so it should be an interesting match ;)

As you said, let the best team win!

I obviously know that the turf was not your fault and, as a skilled team, you also did as much as you could to have the best pitch as possible..but unfortunately not much could be done with the current weather. But that was a pity...

I don't feel Benfica had a great game, but it's understandable... I also know you're better than you showed tonight.. we'll have a great second leg for sure, I think it will be an open match. Benfica scores a lot of goals at home, but let other teams play, so it should be an interesting match ;)

As you said, let the best team win!
Good luck! ;)

Just watched the highlights and I must say that Zenit fans must have felt just great with their first two goals (second one was too special imo) but must have also felt just too bitter after those unlucky goals they conceded. I can't say if the scoreline was unfair for Zenit not having watched the full game of course. Oh btw, just came to my mind that Bruno Alves partnering with Pepe is making the CB duo of Portugal NT. Man, that's just sad.

Let me join #71 and congrat you on the win lads! As my Benfica fellow said it was a really enjoyable match despite the weather conditions and the pitch, nothing that we didn't know before the game. That said, I don't want to sound arrogant whatsoever but I believe we could be able to turn it around in Lisbon. 3-2 is a very dangerous result in an European competition and Benfica has a terrific habit to score in every single match. Anyway, I wish nothing but the best to Zenit, you're kind of my favourite Russian team. :P

u seem to be "suspiciously" well informed on the subject, Enzo :JAY:
:P

that is your badge of honor my friend! :COOL: u should wear it proudly :P

I told you, there are some more "perverts" on this board besides the poor Portuguese guy. :D

Oh and I proudly own that title mate! :COOL:

The name "The Special One" probably doesn't even relate to Mourinho....

Wow, can't tell you why they call me The Special One.

You guys are crazy! :LOL:

Benfica is a real bullshit.That team haven't any portuguese player in they squad. There are 2 goals which is a mistake by Zhevnov nothing more.

I wouldn't be that critical Zenit88, Benfica is great team and its very nice to see Portuguese football looking great for last couple of years.. Last year Porto run, now Benfica run.

It will be hard at Benfica, but remember what happend to Porto at home.

Also I would like to remind you that this wasen't even first squad. No Criscito, no Malafeev, no Danny!

Very proud how Russian guys played. It will be tough in Benfica, but it is not impossible. Anyway we are really happy, even if Benfica will make it to 1/4

Zenit 2nd goal was amazing, probably best goal of CL this season, your goalkeeper is an invalid though..

Zenit 2nd goal was amazing, probably best goal of CL this season, your goalkeeper is an invalid though..
He just did not have enough match practice, so as to immediately go to such important matches, well, itself Zhevnov good goalkeeper, yesterday, he might just be alarmed though ... :COOPZ:

Was he injured or suspended?

Yes, excting match and if Malafeev was in net, Zenit would've had a nice lead from 1st game and be very confident of progressing through. Now it's wide open and anything can happen and I'd say Benfica has a great chance in their wonderful stadium in front of their amazing fans having gotten two crucial costly away goals which were largely fault of Zhenov.

Was he injured or suspended?

Yes, excting match and if Malafeev was in net, Zenit would've had a nice lead from 1st game and be very confident of progressing through. Now it's wide open and anything can happen and I'd say Benfica has a great chance in their wonderful stadium in front of their amazing fans having gotten two crucial costly away goals which were largely fault of Zhenov.
It was injured, but now with Criscito he returned to the team structure and is likely to will take part in a 2 leg with Benfica on March 6. ;)

Good! I can't wait for that match! Gonna be intense!

They need those two guys back especially Malafeev!

Breaking News!

Arshavin (Arsenal) ---> Zenit [Loan]

Zenit Official website (Rus)

news.58903.545x410.jpg

Our legend is back! Welcome back to home, Shava! :WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif
t09004.gif

Nice move for Zenit!

He'll rediscover his old form and be the absolute pain in the @$$ he used to be for defences!

Welcome back home Arshavin! :WORSHIP:

In the first match) And where does the match against Benfica, Dynamo destroyed if we are?

Last edited:
How is Arshavin doing since he came back?
Well ... yet it is very difficult to say, but it seems that just as in England. Although the last game he played pretty well, but today it was not even in the application. Nevertheless, I think that if he did not will show a good game at the Euro-2012 it will return to Arsenal this summer already, though I hope he will still play and stay with us. :THINK:

Back
Top Bottom