Zenit St. Petersburg

We are Champions! We are Champions!!!:BOP:
YES! YES! YES!
t09004.gif

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy spring for us, now summer market awaits!! What a nice season )) Spaletti was wonderful!

F'n Kerzhakov now scoring goals in RPL again showing how deadly he is but when it came to national team ..... :JAY:

:(

He will not play in Zenit. Spalletti didn't agree with this transfer.

I'm reading this: 5 big players from Zenit didn't want him to play for Zenit because he is from Georgia. They wrote a letter to the board of directors saying they didn't want him because he's Georgian. The board agreed and therefore they didn't sign him.

If that's true it's disgraceful.

I'm reading this: 5 big players from Zenit didn't want him to play for Zenit because he is from Georgia. They wrote a letter to the board of directors saying they didn't want him because he's Georgian. The board agreed and therefore they didn't sign him.

Not because he Georgian (Zenit many legendary stories of Georgians). And due to the fact that the transfer had behind Spalletti.

Last edited:
Kenia not good enough for Zenit anyway. He's still young and promising of course but he's much better suited to one of the clubs with far less expectations fighting midtable at best maybe even relegation so he can get 1st team football and hopefully fulfill his potential and establish himself before getting a move elsewhere.

Same is true if he stays in Germany. I hope to see him at a club like Frankfurt, Mainz or Freiburg.

And Happy Birthday Danny! He was missed at Euro's and would've made Portugal a better team!

Don't believe everything they write.

Utter rubbish. There are Georgians in the league, Georgians who play in the rugby union league there.

Some ethnic Georgians who compete under the Russian banner and some born in Russia like the lovely Anna Chaktevadze. There was fierce rivalry between the Russias and Georgians in the wrestling at the Olympics too but nothing untoward.

There seems to be a lot of anti Russian press most of it ill informed, the sort that lapped up the rubbish Sarkashvili was willing to spout. Which turned out to be a pack of lies.

Waiting for Hulk and Nani....Please insert coin :)

Seriously though, they better sign someone good, or Spalletti is going to be pissed off (and most fans too). The bench is getting far too short with Lazovic and Rosina transfer listed and possibly Bruno too. They need 3 signings like the coach said - defender, midfielder and forward, if they want to achieve something in the CL. If not, the current team is good enough for another RPL win (only with Spalletti as a coach though). 4 days left, bring it Mitrofanov. Prove people that you are not just a talking head.

"08 transfer Jô CSKA to City was initially blocked by EPL while they investigated the third-party ownership of player" Replace Jo with Hulk. Thats why he is most likely going to Zenit. Porto both 40% of Hulk recently for 8 mil but 10-15% are still owned by third-party, and Roma is not going to pay more and especially to shady individuals.

Zenit had yesterday directors board meeting, where they gave green light to spend 100€ mil on transfers.. so we might land Nani + Hulk

Where did you hear about 100 million? All I heard was that they approved Hulk's transfer fee of 50 million, but that's it. Looks like the Greek defender from Schalke is very likely to happen though - for around 20 mil.

Update: According to sport-express Zenit's board of directors decided that 50 mil is too much, so most likely no Hulk. Oh well, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Still there's a chance, but I won't have my hopes up to high.

Last edited:
According to other sources sports-express is talking crap. I do not think Zenit is stupid enough to go hunt Nani AND Hulk and drop it mid through.. they knew he will cost a lot.. Ive read in Kommersant and business related journals about 100 mil.

Papa is like 95% sure transfer..great defender IMO!

Back
Top Bottom