Virgin 20Mb Broadband

Also, you know they start capping speeds at 4pm on weekdays and all weekend?

Virgin Media 50Mbps broadband has started rolling out now as well.

Yep I'm aware of the capping but I can only ever get close to 20Mb/s before 8am. Even then I usually max out at 13Mb/s or something.

I'm giving them until 25th May to sort out this issue that they tell me is affecting my area.

Nope it's been this way since we had it installed a month ago. Apparantly there are problems in the area and the expected date for the issues to be resolved is 25th May. So ... we'll see.

If it's not fixed by then, I'll be looking to cancel Virgin and go with someone else.

Dags, they should give you some kind of Rebate. You havent been getting anywhere NEAR the speeds your supposed to get through no fault of your own. Give them a buzz tomorrow mate and discuss it with them.

Just noticed that Dags says Telewest Broadband, while DJ's says Virgin Media.....?

Just noticed that Dags says Telewest Broadband, while DJ's says Virgin Media.....?

I noticed that too, but then drunkenmonkey's says Telewest as well, and he's getting a good speed :SS

It's all pretty infuriating really. We had better get a good rebate back on our bills because they've taken the piss with these speeds since we got it and I'm sure we're within our rights to cancel if they don't provide an adequate service.

Less than 1Mb is not adequate when we should be getting 20Mb (or even close to it).

Scientific Atlanta, but not sure of the model type.

Little black square box effort, looks pretty shitty and outdated.

Funny thing is I used to work for Telewest Broadband Support in January 07, but I only stayed there for three weeks because it was a shit job and CONSTANT hassle from customers. And now I'm one of those customers.

Sod it, I'll give them a call tonight and have a kick off. Tell them I want something sorted out by this weekend and I don't want any of this rubbish about it being a problem in the area. If they don't sort it by the end of the week, I'll be seeking to cancel my contract. That should get their arses moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scientific Atlanta, but not sure of the model type.

Little black square box effort, looks pretty shitty and outdated.

Funny thing is I used to work for Telewest Broadband Support in January 07, but I only stayed there for three weeks because it was a shit job and CONSTANT hassle from customers. And now I'm one of those customers.

Sod it, I'll give them a call tonight and have a kick off. Tell them I want something sorted out by this weekend and I don't want any of this rubbish about it being a problem in the area. If they don't sort it by the end of the week, I'll be seeking to cancel my contract. That should get their arses moving.

I bet you end up having the same service but sign up to a TV package for 18 months :LOL:

How much are you guys paying with the phone line and what packages.

I'm on BT, and its geting pricey...

mmmmm £24.99 a month,musta seen me comin"

How much are you guys paying with the phone line and what packages.

I'm on BT, and its geting pricey...

£45 for Sky+ in 2 rooms with the sports channels and 16 meg broadband

268826142.png

I pay £14 a month for 8mb unlimited with Bethere.co.uk

I pay £14 a month for 8mb unlimited with Bethere.co.uk
I do as well funny enough (I recommended them to you didn't I?).

I get 5mb if I'm lucky though because I live in Oldbiddiesville. But it beats 2mb with normal ADSL.

I'm still NOT getting 20Meg :( Better speeds than what I was getting last time I posted but not full speed still.

I shouldn't really complain too much, I've absoloutely HAMMERED my internet and downloaded TONS so .... yeah ;))

Back
Top Bottom