Virgin 20Mb Broadband

:LMAO: The speedtest.net test is shocking! I'm on 16Meg and constantly hit it when downloading, that says 5!

:CONFUSE:

451131343.png

:ROLL: and that is actually my fastest speed as my newsgroups aren't going any faster either.

I think our contract might be up to be honest, but we don't know if we're staying living in this house or not. Ideally we need to move house so the dog has a proper garden but we're limited to what areas we can move to.

So it's a decision between getting rid of Virgin and getting Sky or something but staying here for 12 months more due to a new contract, or hanging on until we find somewhere else to move to.

I think our contract might be up to be honest, but we don't know if we're staying living in this house or not. Ideally we need to move house so the dog has a proper garden but we're limited to what areas we can move to.

So it's a decision between getting rid of Virgin and getting Sky or something but staying here for 12 months more due to a new contract, or hanging on until we find somewhere else to move to.

With 'Be' you just need to give 3 months notice and you can quit whenever.

But if you're not getting what you're supposed to you can leave anyway because they are not keeping to their half of the contract.

Just called them up and told them to stick it up their bottom. The internet just went completely off last night, then again this morning, then again when I got in from work. The modem isn't even getting an IP address half the time when I reboot it, pile of shit.

So we've been told it'll be disconnected on the 13th May. Which leaves us a month to find a place to move to, or see if Virgin try to sweet-talk us into staying. Ideally we need to move house but there just isn't anywhere going and we don't want to get into another 12 month contract. I know BE is 3 months notice but I'm sure you'd have to sign for 12 months to have a BT line connected?

Just called them up and told them to stick it up their bottom. The internet just went completely off last night, then again this morning, then again when I got in from work. The modem isn't even getting an IP address half the time when I reboot it, pile of shit.

So we've been told it'll be disconnected on the 13th May. Which leaves us a month to find a place to move to, or see if Virgin try to sweet-talk us into staying. Ideally we need to move house but there just isn't anywhere going and we don't want to get into another 12 month contract. I know BE is 3 months notice but I'm sure you'd have to sign for 12 months to have a BT line connected?

BT line you can cancel at anttime I think - Whenever I have moved house I haven't been tied into a contract with bt.

EDIT: I don't know about having a BT line fitted though. Everywhere I have been has had one there already.

Looks like I'd have to go through a 12 month contract with BT :(

The Sky offer seems alright tho, getting Sky TV and the sports channels with 16Mb broadband for £45 a month.

Looks like I'd have to go through a 12 month contract with BT :(

The Sky offer seems alright tho, getting Sky TV and the sports channels with 16Mb broadband for £45 a month.
If you get your TV, Internet and Telephone all with Sky it's a lot cheaper I think :TU:. No qualms from me with Sky either. The only thing was that the standard wireless router that they sent me was the netgear white one, and to be honest I thought it was shit. Wireless kept randomly dropping all the time. However I bought a belkin one to replace it and since then it's been superb. I don't even use wireless now anyway :LOL:.

but I'm sure you'd have to sign for 12 months to have a BT line connected?

also, you will have to pay for a BT 'connection' charge. it's around £140 and i remember when i moved into my new appartment in november having to pay it and i was not happy!!

but, there was no alternative...

bastards, i hate them!

Had a guy from Virgin's retention team call yesterday asking if ANOTHER techie can phone tomorrow evening and go through it with me, and send another engineer out (third one now) on Wednesday and he's sure it'll be sorted by the end of next week.

I said I've been through this too many times, it still hasn't been fixed so why is this any different. He was adamant it'll get sorted next week and said he'd knock £30 of next months bill meaning we just pay £2 as long as I let the engineer and techie do their bit next week.

Can't really say no to that, we get a free month effectively and it still might get fixed. He also said about giving us compensation and said he could offer us 50Mb for a reduced price to which I laughed and said I can't even get 20Mb so why would I pay for 50Mb?! :LOL:

I'm pretty sure it wont get fixed by next week so that'll give me even more leverage to use when I say I've evn cancelled my disconnection date and given them ANOTHER chance and they still couldn't fix it. He asked if we use the TV package so maybe he'll chuck in the full TV as well as the 50Mb if I negotiate a bit with them ;)

Can someone change the thread title to, "Dags moans about Virgin 20Mb Broadband"

Well IMO Virgin is still the best service around for broadband speed wise, well it definately is where i live anyway.

Yes the CS is awful - worst around, but the actual service and product is far better.

Ill be getting the 50 meg when it comes round here definately.

There is the most annoying download caps of course, but there always ways to get round such things, and i dont download constantly anyway.

The guy said to me there wasn't any caps on the 50Mb service? He's probably lying though :LOL:

I'd be happy to stay with Virgin if they sort this shit out to be honest. When the broadband works, it's great.

I just can't see them not being able to fix it in a year and then this guy seems so confident that they'll fix it this week. Unless he knows something else and there is a fix for it which was too expensive to implement or something, I dunno.

The 50 meg service doesnt have caps on.............yet

once its working properly then it will have caps on im sure

Surely the only people who would want a 50Mb service would be those who are up to dodgy dealings, or am I wrong here?

There are a million and one legitimate large file downloads these days, game demos are 1gb on average these days, HD game trailers can be upwards of 500mb etc. etc. 50Mbit means you get them much faster, of course it also means you get your dodgy stuff much faster, which is also great :)

There are a million and one legitimate large file downloads these days, game demos are 1gb on average these days, HD game trailers can be upwards of 500mb etc. etc. 50Mbit means you get them much faster, of course it also means you get your dodgy stuff much faster, which is also great :)

qft. plenty of reasons to have 50mb connection

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom