Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I do but you can't download it until the 3rd.

Grab it from the US store, keys were given to people who pre-ordered inFamous but I think ShopTo are still selling inFamous with codes as well.

Anyone up for some co op tonight?

how do u download it? do i need a special beta key? anyone care to share ;)

You should be able to get it from a friends download history like all downloads and beta like Socom and resistance 2 and Fat Princess. Unless they've done the same thing Little Big Planet did and locked it to 1 account so if you share it it will screw up and mean that the original person can't play anymore.

-

Everyone who is interested in this game HAS to download the E3 trailer from the PS store (I can't recall if it's on the EU or US).

When is the release date for this game?

Anyone up for some co op tonight?

Without a doubt yes. I tried it earlier with 2 random people and one of them was clueless and it fucked us all up. Then in another game I found 2 people who could read and do simple obvious things and we flew through it but died at a big ambush over and over and it game overed. I think you get 3 complete deaths (as in all 3 of you die) and then it game overs.

By simple instructions - basically it will give you an objective to do and have icons like 3 men or 2 or 1. so if it has 3 the 3 of you have to stand in the orange/red circles and hold triangle. when you're all stood there holding triangle it will kick in. Unfortunately my first game was with some stupid bastard who kept jumping around and shooting the wall as me and the other person stood and waited and waited.

Last edited:
I'm going to look for my headset.

Also does your PS3 reboot when you quit the beta?

Yeah I've read everyone's does that. I've just posted about the Plunder crap with people sitting in the capture area stealing the treasure as you do all of the hard work and they get all of the points. I can't see how they can fix it really but still thought it was worth venting so they know how shitty it is and it's their own fault for making the levels work in that way (so you HAVE to drop it and give everyone around you a chance at stealing it from you)

Your friends list is full mate.

I've completed that co op mission Rad, ends with a cliffhanger.

Is anyone else having problems connecting to a game. For both co-op and competitive it takes like 10 minutes to find players. Could it be due to me using a US code on a European account? Or is it like this for everyone? For the one game I played it was awesome!

Same for everyone.

Tried sharing this and it doesn't work. It tells you that it's been downloaded 5 times already.

Just played it with a friend in the US. He made a party and we managed to connect to quite a few games. My initial impressions: AWESOME. This game is just great fun. I will admit that I was slightly skeptical at first at how a game like Uncharted would translate to the online experience, but Naughty Dog have done a great job. And this is only from the competitive game modes Plunder and Team Deathmatch. I havent even touched the cooperative mode yet.

The two maps (Village & Plaza) are great and offer good levels of vertical and in some cases underground gameplay. Tactics and teamwork need to be used and in many ways its reminiscent of Metal Gear Online and SOCOM. With the cover system it also reminds me of Gears of War but the jumping and climbing are distinctly Uncharted. There are some nagging issues though. Headshots are not always a one shot kill. I hope this feature is addressed in the final version. Also the characters seem slightly floaty at times. This can be annoying at times when you need to make a key jump. But hopefully all of this will be rectified once the games out in autumn.

Overall im thoroughly impressed so far and I think I can safely say its perhaps the BEST multiplayer beta I have had the pleasure of being in. With all the new maps, game modes, characters and promises of future DLC this has rocketed close to the top for my most anticipated 2009 title. Oh and the graphics are great! :)

I hate plunder. Too many twats sit in their own spawn area ready to steal the gold off you as you throw it up to the top level and then jump on the wall to climb up to score. If ND had made it so everyone got points for a capture it would be okay but at the moment only the one who captures the gold gets the big points even if they've not done anything more than camp and score.

I hate plunder. Too many twats sit in their own spawn area ready to steal the gold off you as you throw it up to the top level and then jump on the wall to climb up to score. If ND had made it so everyone got points for a capture it would be okay but at the moment only the one who captures the gold gets the big points even if they've not done anything more than camp and score.

I forgot about this. I was a bit annoyed at this and I hope it is fixed. Im sure others will voice their concern to ND and it will be addressed. Also I would like to see a possible option for no respawn ala SOCOM. This will further strength the foundations of teamwork and tactical play.

Jealous now. :(

I would share it with you, because unlike Radiation (probably due to mine being a US download/code) I was actually able to get a friend to download the beta client. However I read from many people at NeoGAF that whoever plays the beta, its locked to that account for 24 hours like the PSN version of Warhawk so I immediately told him to stop and delete it. If they do patch it in an update I will let you know.

I'll be free for co op when my download has finished.

Head shots also need to fixed, I do like the controls though.

Back
Top Bottom