Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

That looks awesome. I can't wait to get it even more than before now, I was hoping to see a gameplay vid soon. :D

God he finds the most complicated ways to get past obstacles doesn't he. I like the first game, nice story and all, just had to roll my eyes a few times at the way he makes routes forward sometimes...like when he shoots barrels that always seem to be placed exactly where he wanted to make a big ass hole in the wall...or when he shoots a statue that wedges perfectly into a gap so he can go across. Those things are a little over the top for me. But top game anyway.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will feature both co-op and multiplayer. A multiplayer beta will be bundled with copies of inFamous in North America. No announcement of a European beta has been made yet.

Should result in more inFamous sales, win win situation.

I'm worried about Naughty Dog adding multiplayer though, granted not a lot has been revealed about the sequel but it doesn't strike me as a game that needs it.

inFamous is looking a little iffy to me, I've hardly seen anything of it other than the main guy zapping cars and people with his powers making the game look like a star wars rips off in an urban environment. I like the story of it but I'd like for them to reveal a little more about the game and what the hell you're supposed to do, because so far it looks like you do nothing but zap people and run and jump.

Uncharted 2 having MP modes. Well I can see how Co-Op will work with 1 being Drake and the other being that woman or the old guy or someone new.
I'm not sure how they'd do a competitive MP mode without it feeling like MGS Online in how the players move around and aim and fire which I didn't care for. I'd love for them to do something different than DM and add something like attack and defend where the good guys have to attack a building and get something like treasure out and the pirates have to keep them back kind of like how Return to Castle Wolfenstein worked.

Just read this on Eurogamer

There will also be a cinema mode similar to Halo 3's Theater, allowing players to record replays and direct the camera, and a linked website offering stats and leaderboards.

Uncharted 2 will have a public multiplayer beta test. US PS3 owners can get access by buying a copy of inFamous - Sony says it will be doing something similar in Europe too.

I'd guess it'll be between GAME, Amazon and HMV.

Sounds fantastic. Im positive Naughty Dog can deliver a multiplayer component thats just as great as their single player campaign.

Evan Wells replied to a comment on the blog that a party system is in.

You’ve got it! The party system is already in and working great!

Pre-ordered it too. They better give me the code before inFamous ships like they did with the Resistance 2 beta. That way I cancel the order and get the beta for free!

Qore Subscribers Score Uncharted 2 Beta Access

Kevin Furuichi from the PS Blog has announced that Qore Episode 12 will be releasing tomorrow with tons of goodies. The list includes Arkham Asylum, Dirt 2, Ghostbusters and Euphoria and, a major surprise to us all, Uncharted 2 Beta codes for Qore subscribers.

“All existing Qore subscribers will also receive a special voucher via e-mail allowing them to join the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer Beta on June 3. Everyone who becomes a new Qore subscriber on or before May 15 will also receive the Beta invitation.”

There is going to be some SP footage today at IGN, 4pm US time.

Just over 5 minutes long.

YouTube - Uncharted 2 Among thieves warzone full video

oup7o8.gif

2qsa45t.jpg

Uncharted2-truckalley.gif

A HD versoin should appear on the net soon, the animation is awesome.

Gifs stolen from NeoGaf.

Last edited:
Game looks great, though not too sure what the story line is going to be, I mean it's looking alot like Gears of War in the combat and cover system, right down to the sliding into cover and then when changing weapons. The wall climbing is kinda like Prince of Persia mixed with Tombraider. Looking forward to seeing a little more of it, will pick this game up, could well be GOTY, certainly on the PS3

WOW. That actually looks phenomenal! Every single time more information and media is released my jaw drops.

Looks incredible, I mean the first one looked amazing but this, they've somehow made it looks better. It does look like they have improved the sneaking and stuff I agree, that'll make it more realistic. The first one is great but a bit arcade like in parts, hopefully this one will be much more intense. Wonder if we will see any characters from the older games? I don't think that bint is in it is she?

I think they are the co-op characters but their not directly involved in the SP.

is the first one any good? i might buy and play it before getting this one so i can understand the storyline better.

Back
Top Bottom