Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

Reading the few reviews, sounds too similar to Top Spin 2 to worry about my lack of tennis game playing to worry about. In the first game Placebo, playing in the junior tour was quite hard, the amount of rallies you played trying to move your opponent from side to side to open up for a shot was crazy, not Table Tennis crazy, but it was hard work, plus the whole making sure your shot stayed in court, as in this game, a 'normal' shot can go out, unlike the VT series. It is hard to build up a player, but in 2, it was all about getting through to a final in a junior tour and then getting access to the different coaches to improve different areas of your game, speed around court I find is always a good trait to have, like in most games!

Top Spin 2 was much easier control wise, in that you just hold down the shot button then release, in Top Spin 3 you have to hold it down for the required power then release and press it again at the perfect moment to hit the best shot possible, don't release and press and you miss the ball completely.

Completely agree with Tim and Chris. Awful game. It's more sluggish than my grandma

the game is just too complex for VIRTUA TENNIS and PES2008 players! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

LOL !! i wont get this game purely for the fact me and tim cant face u and another online in doubles, no mini games in career mode and no fucking wimbledon either

the game is just too complex for VIRTUA TENNIS and PES2008 players! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
come on Honome, i'm a Virtua Tennis 3 and PES2008 and i destroy Federer offline with the CPU in very hard less 24 hours after buy the game and i lose only my first game online :))

come on Honome, i'm a Virtua Tennis 3 and PES2008 and i destroy Federer offline with the CPU in very hard less 24 hours after buy the game and i lose only my first game online :))

well, i'm still not that good. still playing the career mode trying to create a decent Nadal to play with, i hope we can download new players soon, the game really misses djokovich, davydenko, ferrer, and some more legends!

Dunno if anyone can help me here...

In the Top Spin School under the Baseline Lessons I'm on 'Aiming from the baseline' or whatever and the last shot in the lesson involves hitting a shot to the far right corner of the court but it has 3 stars above it and no matter what I do I can only achieve an effectiveness of 2 stars. Help?

Aim up right and use the right trigger with it, just make sure to get the timing spot on as using the trigger modifiers means you'll be less accurate if your timing is off.

Got there eventually.

And I am now beside myself with frustration at one of the 'Mixed Lessons' shots. It requires making a drop shot using the right stick instead of the face buttons.

Oh yeah some of those shots using the right stick can be really tough, annoying cos there's no way in hell I'm ever going to use the analogue stick in matches for serving or hitting, too much stuff to remember as it is!

This is annoying! I am used to TS2 and not letting go of the power button, it is getting annoying :(

Oh yeah some of those shots using the right stick can be really tough, annoying cos there's no way in hell I'm ever going to use the analogue stick in matches for serving or hitting, too much stuff to remember as it is!

Exactly. Think it's a bit shit to put a move in the School that uses a technique which is optional in the gameplay itself.

Absolutely loving the career mode. I hit an awful run of form for about 4 tournaments which knocked my ranking to hell but have hit a purple patch in the run up to the end of the year and sit 5th in the Juniors with one tournament to go, which I now need to win.

Cool how you kind of build up rivalries on your own free will. There's this one Chinese kinda guy who is a serve volley player, a style I struggle against and I think I've lost to him twice but just beat him in a Final there and the feeling is brilliant.

I played the demo and though it was very good

the movement and stuff is awesome and how people cant judge shots is beyond me. I'm smashing shots all over the place no problem at all

Is the demo only going to be released on 360 or is it also coming to PSN?

im playing it on the 360

the more i play it the more i like it. Its Very very realistic

Playing the demo now, I love it, incredibly difficult to start with though. The tutorial said at the beginning "try to press the button as soon as the ball bounces" and if I do that I miss the ball completely because I'm "too late", infuriating. But when I ignore what it says and just press it based on instinct it seems to work okay. Such a great simulation, going to take a long time to get used to but it will be worth it.

Definite purchase, once I can scrape the money together.

They have millions of venues yet no Wimbledon lookalike.. weird

I have no problem at all with hitting the shots back, its timing them to hit with power that's the hard because you have to release at the right time and each time its different because of the bounce of the ball.

its great when you do though because the animations and the way the ball dips looks sweeeeeeet

oh yeah and i suggest you don't use run, that fucks me up totally because my player runs stiff and on rails. Playing without running is fine

i hit a awesome winner earlier, i was moving at speed from one side to the other and he slid along the clay to get the ball and he flicked his wrist with power to the opposite corner. It looked great, i even watched the replay :))

RB runs as it tells you in the in-game tutorials/practice thing

and its shit anyway so don't worry :))

Played the demo for an hour, I was getting really annoyed trying to finish that bit in the tutorial where you have to use the trigger shots. The 3rd one and the 6th one I was stuck on for literally five minutes each, I couldn't figure out why I was going wrong - still not 100% sure, I think it was to do with the timing but if it was then damn, you've got to be absolutely precisely perfect when you press the button.

There were a few times when I was playing the CPU where I missed the ball completely, yet I pressed the button before the ball had bounced. It's a great game but you'd have to practice on it so much, I want it but I'm wondering if I've got the patience when Battlefield Bad Company is out tomorrow - I'm not on a console 24/7 like I once was.

i couldn't get the timing right for the first drop shot, so i gave up :))

There is a demo now available on the US Playstation Store.

Back
Top Bottom