Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

An hour? That's nothing, IMO TS3 needs at least 4 hours to get the basics down and then the quality really starts to shine through.

4 hours just to get into it and learn it!? That's fucking ridiculous, I'm a busy man.

I ordered mine off Shopto yesterday before half 5 and it hasn't come yet. I'm gagging to play it cos the demo is so repetitive now. Plus I wanna jizz on Rob's chin again.

playing the demo on ps3 convinced me,was not going to buy the game,but i just could not stop playing the demo before i beat that nadal,i played the demo already more than 4 hours and now the gameplay becomes natural,unlike other tennisgames,who seem to much on rails,topspin plays like a simulation,and when a demo can keep you going,the full version is a must have game,just hope i get the same feeling after playing a pes 2009 demo.

i got this game yesterday and its fucking fantastic. only took me less then an hour to get the basics right. Tim you must realy suck at tennis games for it to take u over 2-3 hours of play to get use to it.lol

Just played the demo and I really like it :DD

I might get the full game.

Its a bit difficult - but I can see when you get used to it - it will be good fun.

So I will probably get it but not for another couple of weeks.

How do you even have time to post here on the forums telling me how busy you are? Go off and do your busy things! ;)
I'm busy when I'm at home in my free time, when I'm at work I'm as free as a bird! But don't have my Xbox at work :LOL:.

Well, I am lucky too, I own my company so I do what I want. And tomorrow, for instance, I've taken holidays to do a Top Spin tournament at home with friends all day.

About the game, the only things I don't like are some basics of controls and the AI model.

About controls: sometimes your player won't react, or won't run towards the right direction. As someone mentioned, it feels exactly like Fifa 08 in terms of unresponsiveness. It's not critical, but almost. In Fifa this unresponsiveness would lead to loose the ball, miss a chance, etc... In Top Spin, it's automatically a lost point.

About AI: I really hate how videogame designers throw cheaty AI models to the market when it's not necessary. Just to put less efforts and make more money by the way. The thing is, you can't fool the CPU player. He will ALWAYS go straight to the ball. Besides, they will reach almost ANY thing you throw at them. The result is sometimes endless points, with 20 or 30 shots. It feels too mechanic, they only fail when they try a hard shot, but never make silly mistakes.

Besides, the game controls are really picky with the human player. 10 pixels away of the ball and you automatically miss blatantly. Most of the times with an awkward animation where your player hangs the racket as it was a frying pan. Then, there's a problem of consistency, because the CPU sometimes makes the exact same animation, but his shot not only is not going out blatanly, but it makes and impressive shot that puts you out and turn the tide of the point. That is SILLY.

Being the game really picky with normal shots, positioning and so, then you realise it's extremely easy to drop the ball. I find lots of online players that only rely on drop shots and service.

Sometimes I wonder hoe the companies do the testing process.

I want fair competition and not this cheap AI models. It's strange, because it's a great game and only this subtle details prevent it from a really high score. So, at the end it ressembles Fifa 08 a lot. It's a great game, nice physics, innovative control aspects, nice graphics... but something is undermining the final score. And it's something they could put right in only a month or so of balancing parameters...

The DS version is very good. It's very close to Top Spin 1.

Just started a Career on this and its great

I cant do any decent serves and hardly any rick shots though because all my stats are at 30!!!

career mdoe is bloody hard. cant seem to win a bloody game on the profesional series mode i think its called, the one after you finish off the ameture series

im in the final of whatever the first thing you do is

Very easy atm and its only 3 legs to win a match

I just don't like the demo.

Too many times Federer won't do what I want him to do and it seems the only way to win points is to get right up to the net and hit a volley.

It would be insanely repetitive in the full game I think.

3 legs? are we talking about football here? :P 3 games u mean or 3 sets?

3 games

I have just moved up to Junior and entered the Dubai tournament and the guys are 100x better

i can only win a point when he makes an error!!

Yeah it's shit IMO the way the career is set up, there's no way to gain experience to improve your player other than winning matches, you can't win matches until you improve your player, it's a catch 22 resulting from very poor game design IMO, your only option is to lower the skill level to win matches so you can improve your player to then raise the skill level to win matches. TS2 had it down way better, giving you the option of playing in a tournament or doing training that month instead, I also preferred on TS2 the fact you had to actually qualify for the big events first, in TS3 you can instantly enter a grand slam event which is just shit.

i don't understand how it takes all of you hardened gamers to 4 hours or so to "get" the controls. I would readily admit that I am awfully bad at video games now, but it only took me 1 hour max to start playing the game well (only the demo).

it's ot like they need you to press a large number of buttons. Just press-hold-release. Hardly that difficult!!!!

I'm enjoying the PS3 version, it's great fun even though most online players are predictable and quite uninteresting from what I've seen so far.

Just tried the XP glitch as well, so I guess my first created player is just about done now.

tell me more dude. I saw this in shop but still unsure, how is the graphics and career mode?

The close camera is very good, too tiny from far. Player moves are nicely done.

The career mode is simple: each week you choose between a tournament, a special event (200% useless) and training (to improve your stats). But training can only be played once and you have to get a better rank (by winning tournments) to unlock new trainings.

It can be disapointing that the CPU is not good and sometimes the gamespeed is slow.
Also, all the points seam the same and if you're looking to create a volley master, don't buy this game. Each time you go to the net, you lose the point. There's no way you can touch the ball.

So in conclusion : Don't buy it full price. It's a good game,but don't expect wonders. Some big problems can ruin the pleasure. But in the subway it's perfect :D.

My guy is shit and i can win points at the net OK

Back
Top Bottom