Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

Do normal shots go out much? In most tennis games the only shots that go out are mishits (when stretching) or "risk shots".

Do the players have momentum? Like if they are sprinting one way can you play it to the other side to wrong foot them?

Do normal shots go out much? In most tennis games the only shots that go out are mishits (when stretching) or "risk shots".

Do the players have momentum? Like if they are sprinting one way can you play it to the other side to wrong foot them?

mormal shot do go out, but not much, only if you're cought in a bad position to play or sometimes when you try to put too much power on a shot that was already powerful by the opositor. the risk shots are much better, in my opinion, is easier to hit them, compared to last version, and they're great for desperate shots, when you're certain of loose the point and try a risk shot as a counter-attack.

I guess the players have momentum, but it's not explicit in the game. What is explicit is the player fatigue, that is very impressive, if you have a big rally and your stamina goes low in the next point you'll be really tired, we can feel that the player is tired becouse the movements are much limited that way.

And finally you can put the ball in the player "wrong foot", it's a good way to win points. But it's only possible, most of the times, when you're in command of the points, attacking and the oppositor is defending and running like crazy.

I buy it today, whoooh it's hard !!!
great simulation, the timing is the key, i still don't try really the R2 or L2 for the moment, i win all my games versus a friend but in online mode (no lags) i take a 6-0 6-0 :CONF:
i start school mode now :CW:

I buy it today, whoooh it's hard !!!
great simulation, the timing is the key, i still don't try really the R2 or L2 for the moment, i win all my games versus a friend but in online mode (no lags) i take a 6-0 6-0 :CONF:
i start school mode now :CW:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

before i started school i lost almost 10 times to CPU by 6-0 too! :P

It's ok now, i destroy Federer 3-0 3-0 in very hard, now i waiting big players online :))

Yeah, why no demo of this? :(( I'm torn whether to go out and buy this tomorrow or not...

Rented it. I think it's shit. Got bored after 2 games. The animations feel unnatural at times too. I guess tennis games aren't for me. I loved Table Tennis that game was brilliant :D

Would only buy a game without a demo test which im SURE is going to be atleast good, such as GTA, MGS etc, so no demo no buy.

My wanted list

Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Ana Ivanovic
Jelena Jankovic
Dinara Safina
Tatiana Golovin
Marion Bartoli
Alizé Cornet

Novak Djokovic
Nikolay Davydenko
David Ferrer
Richard Gasquet
Jo Wilfred Tsonga
Marcos Bagdatis
Micheal Youzney
Ivan Llubicic

Pete Sampras
Andre Agassi
Yanick Noah
Stefan Edberg
Gustavo Keurten
Steffi Graf
Mary Pierce
Gabriel Sabatini

you can vote here
http://www.topspin3.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

few possible downloadable later
8 votes by thread, you need subscribe

I think I will buy this today and then if I don't like it will swap it for Beijing 2008 next week :)).

Why is this so cheap on all the web stores? £29.99 makes it seem like it isn't a full-priced game...?

My wanted list

Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Ana Ivanovic
Jelena Jankovic
Dinara Safina
Tatiana Golovin
Marion Bartoli
Alizé Cornet

Novak Djokovic
Nikolay Davydenko
David Ferrer
Richard Gasquet
Jo Wilfred Tsonga
Marcos Bagdatis
Micheal Youzney
Ivan Llubicic

Pete Sampras
Andre Agassi
Yanick Noah
Stefan Edberg
Gustavo Keurten
Steffi Graf
Mary Pierce
Gabriel Sabatini

you can vote here
http://www.topspin3.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

few possible downloadable later
8 votes by thread, you need subscribe

My wanted list is Ana Ivanovic and Sharapova :-D

I had completely forgotten about DLC.

Downloading people like Djokovic will be brilliant.

I went out and bought this today.... and I'm fucking glad websites like eBay are around. This game is a pile of shit. It's less responsive than FIFA and the players are worse than EUROs goalies. Need I say more?

I was round at Tims playing the game too, fucking woeful it is.

I am sure they have sat down and come up with a way to make a tennis game as difficult as possible to play. I have never seen as comprehensive a training mode on any game ever! For me tennis games should be all about being able to pick up and play, you shouldn't have to wade through about 50 little mini games disguised as lessons in order to know what you are doing

I found the tennis school very difficult at first and instead just started career mode as it was easier, yesterday I went back and completed everything in tennis school, wasn't that hard really :)

There are plenty of very easy, simple arcade tennis games, I like the fact that this one's so challenging and much closer to being a sim than anything else :)

But it's just so cumbersome and clumsy Placebo. I seriously find the reaction times are way worse than FIFA's, moving around the court it feels like you're controlling Rik Waller :((. And then we come to the shot selection and the so over complex way of powering up shots and making sure you're in the right place, and making sure you release the ball at the right place, and making sure you've aimed it right, then trying to get back into some sort of position awaiting a return shot. And all this is assuming that your player actually hits the ball, I would honestly say about 40% of the time, they just miss the ball, or don't pick it up at all and don't even make an attempt at a shot :((.

Very very poor game design imo, and a real shame as this could have been good.

Each to his own, if you like it fair enough, but it's too complicated imo for a tennis game :((.

How long did you play it for? I found it difficult like you describe at first but after a couple of hours got into it more and more as I got used to the controls and how things worked, part of my brain still tells me "hold down, release button" and I miss a ball completely but most of the time I get it somewhat right ;)

We must have been on it for about an hour. I was doing that power up and release thing, where you release just as the ball is bouncing in front of you yea?

Back
Top Bottom