The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Oh well i've been reading this thread for so long but failed to give my own stories but last night and today i finally started my ML so i've got a bit to say :)

Started a master league season with Newcastle (real players) last night and i'm already 18 matches into the league.

I didn't start off well because i had over-estimated the squad to be honest. After a good set of games i realized this team doesn't have many ESTABLISHED good players like van Nistelrooy and stars but a lot of GOOD DESCENT young talent that will become a star one day like Milner, Jenas and others.

Also the depth of squad wasn't good and this showed after several matches and injuries and fatigue because all my players outside of first 11 fitted on the bench!!!!! this tells you that you have a small squad because if you play as Inter or someone, you notice you have several players who won't even fit on the bench.

anyways, Dyer was disappointing and with Milner, Ambrose and Bowyer occassionally playing on right wing, he really didn't have a first team spot and was disappointing everytime he played as well, he's also one to be always injuried so i traded him for Marcus Assuncao (Betis for those who don't know) because he can take a FREEKICK better than anyone (97) and i needed a good freekick taker as Robert was benched half the time because of fatigue and no one else in the team could take one, i also needed him to just add to depth of squad.

I haven't had a good FIRST-choice striker in my team right now, for first half of the season i simply played whoever did good last game or had a nice red arrow and not fatigued, that means all 4 strikers (Bellamy, Shearer, Kluivert and Ameobi) all got pretty much same amount of playing time and that explains why i dont have a player in top of the goalscoring charts of Premiership because each have got like 4 goals.

Anyways none really impressed but as season went on, Kluivert established himself as my FIRST-choice striker and others were competing for a place beside him, I kept Kluivert because not only did he score as many as the other ones but he MADE a lot of goals with his ability to hold up the ball and pass it around well.

Recently i've been using Kluivert and Michael Copra
wink.gif
. I handed him his first start of the season against United and he didn't disappoint. He didn't score but his speed and agility were a menace to the likes of Brown and O'shea for quite some time.

he's not that good either though but with Bellamy disappointing and missing many good chances and Shearer too slow, Ameobi seems sluggish at times so it looks like they'll all be rotating aroudn Patrick until one starts playing better.

During transfer window, (half season) I bought Vincent Kompany because we badly needed defenders since O'Brien and Bramble are hardly reliable defenders and we needed some defenders on the bench anyways to add depth.

Kompany has been AMAZING!!!!! He's the most reliable defender at 190cm with 90 balance and good speed/passing/heading and he's improving every game. not only that he scored my only goal in a desivive 1-0 victory over Spurs from a corner!!!!!

I also brought Olembe in a trade and a bit of money for Robbie Elliot because he can play in a different number of positiosn including (LB, SMF, DMF and CMF) while Elliot could only play as backup to Bernard and he wasn't even good at that.

I've also brought in Persian international
wink.gif
18 year old Kaebi who most of you would probably know as (DAGAKA, because its his name in PES4 but i've changed). He hasn't impressed so far at all but his stats rise a hell of a lot.

So far players in: 4
Olembe
Kaebi
Assuncao
Kompany

Out: 3
McClen
Elliot
Dyer

I'm currently sitting 5th 6 points behind 3rd placed Liverpool.

I'm only here because of a good run of form currently :D winning 3 one nothing wins in a row :)

Most of the season i've been around 8th-9th place and didn't even have much hope of fighting for 4th place but now it seems like a possibility with Chelsea dropping a few points. I'm only 3 points behind them now.

p.s. I could get into WEFA champions league with 5th and 6th as well i think?? dont I??? but i have to play qualifying rounds.

right, because i have downloaded a new option file i have decided to start my ML team again :(

i want to know which way is the best way to 'set up' the ML in terms of which teams should be selected in each division or isit a case where whatever set up is taken (puttin certain teams into certain divisions , keeping all the spanish in one league for e.g) its goin to get mixed up in time anyway

also i know there is a div 2 and from this u get promoted to div 1 (A) so what exactly are the purposes of div (B) (C) and (D) do they simply run parallel to these divisions?

You can choose which Div to be promoted to, when you first start the ML. Imagine the 4 leagues as 4 different European leagues. However, what i have done, is to make Div A, Serie A, which i am playing in. The other 3 divs, i've filled with teams likely to be in Europe.

I may be slow on this one, but i've noticed the com changes formation. eg takes off a defender and puts on a striker to make a 3-4-3 formation.

Also, does anyone know what a non-coloured (transparent) "form arrow" means? i had a striker who had one for 2 weeks. It wasn't red, orange, green, blue or grey, but it was pointing in the "green" direction (straight across)

I've had that too Professor, i think its when they're coming back from injury because thats the only time i've seen it.

means they're not match fit probably because each one of my players who got injured (Dyer, Kluivert) for lets say 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, he was able for selection but he had that special arrow... so i didn't put him in anyways i picked two other people but around 70th minute, i brought those 2 in.... to little by little make them match fit. then next game they both had RED arrow :D

i don't know if it was a coincidence or not but i hope that helped.

@Stifler, there are no Div 2 (B), Div 2 (C) or Div 2 (D) leagues.

its just 4 leagues of 16 teams and ONE div 2 league with 8 teams whose teams will promote to YOUR league.
thats why i'm playing premieship and i've the other 4 english teams into Div 2 so theres a 50% chance after end of season that i wont see someone like Anderlecht or Sporting come into my premership but rather it'd be Everton or Birmingham or the other 2 english teams.

Just started with Palace (real players). 5*.

Top of the table after 11 games on goal difference.

AJ has scored 7 goals, Torghelle, Watson and Kaviedes all on 3.

Routledge is a brilliant winger - he seems to skip past defenders!

In the window that just passed I signed Cardozo, Lupoli and Pique (on trade deals for my older players). I'm planning to buy one or two of my favourites and build the rest of the team as a young team.

Just past half way in my ML
(5*, Div 1 with real Man Utd players)
In the league iv played 16, Won-11, Drawn-3, Lost-2
Liverpool are some how winning the league!
In the Cup im through to the semis against Liverpool so that will be a good game

Also bought future replacements for G.Neville and Keane in Heitinga and Essien

MUFC 2-0 ARSE !!!

as i have already said i had to start a new ML :(
anyway i am spurs and have set up the ML like prof said and its much better than having all the teams picked at random
i am around half way through my first season and so far am playing really well (with default players)
i usually switch my formation to 4-3-3 but this time around i stayed with the default formation and am really benefitting from it
Miranda (who i usually find to be quite shit) has been absolutely amazing for me and is the top scorer so far, i am about to raid the transfer market now to look for some bargains
am planning on bringing in a pacy striker and some good defenders in

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was at the end of the season and i thought that i had paid my salary points and then i released kelsen at the cost of 57 points. I click go to next week. it autosaves and then 'GAME OVER' pops up. I had gone into minus numbers by 8 points!!!! 4 seasons down the bastard drain.

Bolton 0-5 Man Utd - biggest win in the season so far for me

Alan 5mith with all five goals !!!!, excellent performance from him, when I checked his match rating though he only got 7.5, what the hells that ?!

with still 9 games left, things are hotting up (plus Cup games too)

Top 4
1. Liverpool 21 52 +30
2. Man Utd 21 51 +28
3. Chelsea 21 50 +21
4. Arsenal 21 47 +22

Well after yesterdays diabolical antics I swapped that fat shrek look alike Rooney plus some cash for Micheal Owen, even though he banged in a few important goals last season including a last minute of extra time winner against Real Madrid ironicly in the WEFA championhship final, that fat cheating ugly git will never pull on an Arsenal shirt again. I'm not bitter by the way :lol:

My biggest was 8-2 against Southampton!!! For those of you who don't know, I'm Charlton with match mode players and I've bought a few players now too. 6 Stars as well! I couldn't believe it! They were really crap and I was on fire.

I'm not trying to brag here or be bigheaded or anything, just telling it like it is, but I think the game is easy. I'm playing on 6 star and I'm pretty much unbeatable, I'm unbeaten in the Premiership (Division1), this season after playing 16 games, I've won 13 and drawn 3, and am top by 4 points to Man U who are 2nd.

Also, I'm doing really well in the WEFA Championships, I won my qualifying group, which included Arsenal and in my first round group there is me, Man U, Juventus and Deportivo, and me and Juve are joint top on 9 points after 4 games. I beat Juve at the Delle Alpi 1-0, and have done the double over Deportivo, but I did lose to Man U at Old Trafford. They will feel my wrath in the return!!!

So, heres my latest team:

---------------------------Cech-----------------------------

------------Sankofa----Fortune----Hreidarsson-------

---------------Lampard--------Danny Murphy-----------

-------------------------Vicente---------------------------
--Joaquin-----------------------------------Rommedahl--

-------------------Nihat-------------------------------------
--------------------------------Martins---------------------

i'm in my third season. i play on 6* with arsenal and started with the real players. i won every cup so far and my biggest win was 6-0, two hat-tricks, one from henry and the other from adriano(in that game). fabregas has improved dramatically but i don't understand why ashley cole and adriano are in decline. anyway, my team:

------------------------- Kirkland --------------------------

----Hoyte---------Toure---------Terry---------Clichy----

----C.Ronaldo-----Kaka--------Fabregas-------Reyes---

------------------Henry---------Adriano--------------------

Subs: Almunia
Campbell
Senderos
Lauren
Xavi Alonso
Vieira
Wright-Phillips
Pires
Ljungberg
Rooney
Adu
Taylor

bradley1886 said:
i'm in my third season. i play on 6* with arsenal and started with the real players. i won every cup so far and my biggest win was 6-0, two hat-tricks, one from henry and the other from adriano(in that game). fabregas has improved dramatically but i don't understand why ashley cole and adriano are in decline. anyway, my team:

------------------------- Kirkland --------------------------

----Hoyte---------Toure---------Terry---------Clichy----

----C.Ronaldo-----Kaka--------Fabregas-------Reyes---

------------------Henry---------Adriano--------------------

Subs: Almunia
Campbell
Senderos
Lauren
Xavi Alonso
Vieira
Wright-Phillips
Pires
Ljungberg
Rooney
Adu
Taylor

How could you keep Rooney in the squad after Sunday, shame on you
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I have just been promoted in my third season in Div2. I got promoted on goal difference with cristal palace who were first and WE United came third with the same points (21). I have now put it on 6* since i am in the EPL Div1.
The players i have added to my squad is:
Babbel
Zambrella
Zicu
C. Cole
Robinho: Be warned this player has a very bad balance (52)

The rest of my squad are still the default teams with A. Kamara and most of them have retired.

The best team on pes4 is inter milan because are always top of WEFA rankings and won the wefa championship twice in a row.

I was 2 points behind Real Madrid after 16 games played. They had won 15 lost 1, which was against me and now I faced them away from home.
They took the lead through Owen and i was really struggling. But on the stroke of half time Ricardo Oliveira made a burst into the box only to be stopped by Woodgate. The ball came loose on the edge of the box and along came Denilson to curl it into the bottom corner. I looked at the replay and saw that he did that crazy move (la Bona) or sumthing. Looked well unrealistic but who cares. I scored after half time, Denilson again and it was 1-2 after 74 minutes. The match outrageously finished Real Madrid 3 - Real Betis 6.

And now I'm top by 1 point but I dont think I'll be able to keep it up coz Real Madrid beat every single team apart from me, so I'll have to winn all my me=atches to win the league.

For those of you who haven't read the "PES4 is wrong" thread - I have been knocked out of the WEFA Championships :( :mad:

Got to the Quarter Finals, and I was 1-0 up after the first leg, but then Arsenal played a good game and scored an "interesting" goal, in the 90th minute, to win. ](*,)

Oh well!!! At least I can now focus on winning the Barclays Premiership (Div1). Here's how it stands at the moment:

Charlton Athletic...........P19...W15...D5...L1....Pts.50...GD+37

Manchester United........P19...W16...D2...L3....Pts.50...GD+25

Liverpool.....................P19...W16...D0...L5....Pts.48...GD+20

Chelsea.......................P19...W13...D5...L3....Pts.44...GD+17

Pretty close at the moment, but hopefully I can hold on!!!

Brilliant! So the problem that people were worrying about that young players can improve stats, but not have stars in any areas, solved! If you edit the players BEFORE starting the master league, you can change their special abilities, and it will carry through. Not sure why this is, but hey, means my man Rossi will one day be the next RVN, when his abilities get up there (in like 5 seasons :)

My Cagliari are lodged in 5th place in Serie A (and have been for a while now) with 8 games to go. The top of the table looks like this:

Inter
Juventus
AC milan
AS Roma
Cagliari
Udinese
Fiorentina

I'm also in the semi-finals of the Coppa Italia, against Juventus. I managed to win the first leg 0-1 in Turin. A valuable away goal, as i reckon they'll fly at me in the second leg. If i get to the final, it will either be against Inter or AC Milan. Plus it ought to guarantee me a place in Europe (as they've both pretty much qualified already).

....and Zola is retiring at the end of the season :(

Last edited:
Started a french ML with METZ... (Match Mode)
Disastrous start 4-3 loss at Lille (their winner in extra time) and 0-4 against Lyon....
The road ahead is long...

Professor Nutmeg said:
You can choose which Div to be promoted to, when you first start the ML. Imagine the 4 leagues as 4 different European leagues. However, what i have done, is to make Div A, Serie A, which i am playing in. The other 3 divs, i've filled with teams likely to be in Europe.

I may be slow on this one, but i've noticed the com changes formation. eg takes off a defender and puts on a striker to make a 3-4-3 formation.

Also, does anyone know what a non-coloured (transparent) "form arrow" means? i had a striker who had one for 2 weeks. It wasn't red, orange, green, blue or grey, but it was pointing in the "green" direction (straight across)

hi proff

do u know if its possible to change the make up of the 3 remaining leagues e.g. (Div B, C & D) each season therefore to refresh the teams you "could" face in european competition ?

cheers db

i am now well into my second season and things are going very well so far :D
i am currently second in div 1 and my team is currently looking like this:

i am spurs btw!

GK: Ivarov
RB: Hargreaves
LB: Antonio Lopez
CB: Kompany
CB: Heitanga
DMF: Nakamura
LMF: Griffiths (young pacy welsh winger)
RMF: Milner
OMF: Kallstrom
CF: Andrew Johnson (has been brilliant, top scorer so far including 4 in 1 game!)
CF: Kaebi (yes the side back! - he makes a great striker especially if you are low on cash!)

most of my team have been signed on 'frees' so when the transfer window reopens mid season i have quite a good bit of cash to hopefully allow me to improve my squad (my bench is made up of the 'default' ML players)

Don Domenico said:
Where's Denirobob? I would've expected him to be posting in this thread by now.

just keeping my powder dry my friend ;)

actually been on holiday for a fortnight and dont have pes4 yet.

I want to get my copy correct with lineups/kits etc... and ML team's website up and running before i commence

I'll do my best to improve on the last effort though

Back
Top Bottom